Avoid unlocking problems of touch screen devices
Edited by mae sherlaine salgado, Lynn, Rose B, Eng
That awkward moment when you accidentally type your password into username section and hope no one saw it. Touchscreen devices like phones and tablets utilize different ways how to lock the screen, from PIN to Passwords, Face Unlock, Slide or Pattern Lock. It is normal that we humans tend to forget even if we have just entered them. As they say, human minds are not reliable so we have to be careful in choosing our passwords or pattern locks.
- 1Make sure that the password can be easily remembered, but not too easy that everyone can guess it.Create a password for your device that is very meaningful to you, in order to avoid forgetting it.Advertisement
- 2If you have a diary or a special notebook where you write your private stuff, write it there. Make sure that no one will have access to it.Keep a note in your room that includes your password, but make sure that no one can find it except you.Advertisement
- 3Avoid kids reaching your touchscreen devices, especially when it is locked.
- 4Avoid too many attempts of wrong patterns or password.
- 5Do not put any overly complicated patterns of password on your touchscreen device.
- 6Do not lend your personal device to someone who does not know how to take care of it.
- 7When you lend it to a trusted person, you can give the password or pattern so that in case the screen will lock, he/she can unlock it without guessing and might lead to a problem in unlocking it.
- 8You can also disable the security for the mean time if you lend your device.Advertisement
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- If you have a problem with unlocking your device, wait 20 to 30 minutes before trying to unlock it again.
- If you are using an Android device, you may unlock the pattern or password by using the Google account associated with your device or the Google account that you used when you set up your Google Account.
- If you cannot unlock it, you may have to perform a factory data reset on your device.
- If this doesn't work, you may have to go to a service center and let them fix your device.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : General Android Mobiles & Tablets
Recent edits by: Rose B, Lynn, mae sherlaine salgado