Avoid Possible Car Accidents by Avoid Doing
Edited by Eng, Christine dela Cruz
Car accidents are among the worst situations that a person may experience. It can be very daunting and traumatic, and if it's really bad, it can lead to loss of life. Therefore, it is really important that one takes the necessary precaution when driving a car and behaves in a way that won't lead to accidents.
Common Things that Are Usually Done in the Car that May Lead to Accidents
- 1Playing very loud music.While this depends on the tolerance of the driver to loud music, it is still not advised as it can make you unaware of your surroundings. It divides your focus between the road and the music. Although if you have been driving for a long time, you will find that it's totally possible to multitask as you drive. However, if you want to keep safe, this is not advisable to do. Your main attention has to be on the road and not something else.Advertisement
- 2Joking around violently inside the car.This normally happens to groups of teenagers on a road trip. They will be very unruly inside the car as they joke and play around. While there's nothing wrong in having fun, this may not be ideal to do inside the car while moving on the road. It can be very distracting to the driver and there will be so many things that he needs to divide his attention to and this is not healthy. If you have to make fun of the person driver, do it elsewhere, not when he is driving.Advertisement
- 3Fighting.This commonly happens between couples when they ride inside the car. Although there are really no rules in what can be discussed inside the car, if you have to argue or fight about something, leave it to another time when both parties can concentrate. If you go on with the fight, the emotions get high and the next moment, you realize that you are also driving recklessly. This is because when you're upset, it tends to affect the way you handle the car as well. Also, the car is very small to be with someone that you are arguing with. Overall, this does not create a very good and conducive environment inside the car and this can easily lead to accidents.
- 4Using the mobile phone.In most countries, there are strict regulations against using the mobile phone while driving. However, recently, there are excuses as to why some people use it and they are able to avoid tickets because of this excuse. Google Maps has been very useful when driving and people say that they are using the mobile phone to look at directions and the like. However, in reality, a good number of people actually sneak around and use the other functions in the mobile phone as well. While this may not be discovered easily by traffic police, you still have to avoid doing that because it simply is not safe and it distracts you from the road.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Travel & Leisure
Recent edits by: Eng