Audition for TV Shows
Edited by Emmanuel M. Lardizabal, Eng, Jan Margery Castillo, estrella sacragon and 1 other
To audition for a part in a television show means to open yourself to opportunities and at the same time to motivate yourself to be fully confident. Once you survive the audition, it opens you to a whole lot of possibilities. However, keep in mind that any audition is also a risk because there is always a chance of getting rejected. Therefore, it is important that you set your mind to be confident yet, at the same time, humble enough to accept rejection.
Audition is more of a glimpse of how you could and would perform. A person is asked to dance, sing, act and demonstrate other talents which could influence the decision of the judge or director. The performance needed for an audition must be suitable to the qualifications being sought for. This article will help you be at your best during an audition and have a better chance of getting selected.
Important Things to Remember when Auditioning
- 1If it's a children's show that involves musical performances, a song or a dance piece may be suitable.Review and fulfill the requirements.Advertisement
- Choose a dance number that showcases where you are good at and, at the same time, demonstrates how flexible you might be in terms of genre.
- When opting to sing, keep in mind that song choice is very crucial. Make sure you choose something that is within your range so that you are able to give justice to the piece and, at the same time, highlight your strengths as a singer.
- 3You can perform in front of your friends and family first and ask for their feedback. Take advantage of constructive criticism and use that to improve your craft further.Practice and internalize.
- 4Concentrate on their questions and answer honestly.Be articulate, especially when talking to the judges.
- 5Think of it like it's your last performance. Internalize that you are good and that you can do very well. However, do not let this thought turn you into a person with a bad attitude. This is something that judges also observe during auditions.Exert your best effort.
- 7Remain open-minded in spite of rejections and learn from it instead. Never take things personally.Be a good sport.
Do's and Don'ts When Auditioning
- 1Do exert your best effort.Advertisement
- 2Do maintain a neat and clean appearance.
- 3Do enjoy the audition.
- 4Do respect the judges when they are giving their feedback and input.
- 5If it's for a kids' show, avoid adult contents.Do consider your audience before coming up with a performance.
- 6Do not do risky acts, especially when you know for sure you are not prepared enough to do it.
- 7This will help you get over disappointments quite easily, in case the result had been negative.Do not expect a positive outcome all the time.
How to Audition for Television Shows
Nowadays, there are a lot of individuals who are able to snag a huge amount of attention and become popular just by posting interesting videos of them on YouTube. Not all of them may have the intention of gaining popularity and everything just happened by accident. On the other hand, there are also people who aim and have to really exert a lot of effort in order to gain that much-coveted popularity. Most people do it through auditions.
Listed below are some tips and tricks on doing auditions for television shows:
- 1Most shows require submission of this as a pre-requisite before actual auditions. This serves as an initial step towards introducing yourself to the public.Create a video of yourself showcasing your talents.Advertisement
- 2They may be able to help a lot in finding potential projects for you and introducing you to the right people.Contact talent managers whom you can trust to take care of your television career.
- 3Gather as much information as possible about the show and the types of talents they accommodate. Know their audience as well so you know what type of people you will be performing for.Prepare carefully before coming to any audition.Advertisement
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Audition for TV Shows. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 25, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Audition_for_TV_Shows
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Audition for TV Shows." VisiHow, visihow.com/Audition_for_TV_Shows Accessed 25 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Audition for TV Shows." Accessed Apr 25, 2017. http://visihow.com/Audition_for_TV_Shows.
Categories : Entertainment
Recent edits by: estrella sacragon, Jan Margery Castillo, Eng