Ask What Is Your Name in Arabic
Edited by Hotelier, Alexander Avdeev, Eng, priya
Hello! Thank you for watching VisiHow! This is a tutorial on how to write and pronounce the phrase "What is your name?" in the Arabic language. Also, we will show you how you can to answer to "What is your name?"
- 2When "What is your name?" is asked to a man, it can be either "maa ismak" or "maa ismuka".Advertisement
- "Maa ismak". The word "maa" is a form of "what". The word "ismak" is spelled with alif, siin, miim, and ends with kaaf. To make it "ismak", we'll put fatha above the letter miim.
- "Maa ismuka". It is written in the similar way with a slightly different vowel. The word "maa", then alif, siin, miim, and kaaf. We put a dhamma and alif at the end of the word above the letter kaaf.
- 3When asking a woman "What is your name?" we can say either "maa ismik" or "maa ismuki".
- "Maa ismik". We will still use "maa" and "ism", which is a root for "name". It ends in kaaf. Then, we will have kasra under miim if we are asking a woman.
- "Maa ismuki". It consists of "maa", "ism", dhamma on miim, and kasra at the end of the word after the letter kaaf.
- 4For a man, it is "man anta". For a woman, it is "man anti".We can also simply ask, "Who are you?".
- "Men anta" (masculine). "Men" is written by miim, nuun with a fatha above the miim, and "ant". To make the word masculine, we will place fatha above the ending khaa.
- "Men anti" (feminine). "Men anti". As feminine, it has kasra below the ending "ti".
- 6There is no present tense form for "to be", so "am" is implied. This can be translated quite literally as "I Suzanne". "Ana Suzanne" is "I am Suzanne".If we are asked, "Who are you?" we can answer with "I am", which is "ana".Advertisement
This does conclude the tutorial on how to ask and answer in Arabic the question "What is your name?" If you have any questions, suggestions, or comments, please leave them in the space below.
Video: Ask What Is Your Name in Arabic
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Ask What Is Your Name in Arabic. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 27, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Ask_What_Is_Your_Name_in_Arabic
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Ask What Is Your Name in Arabic." VisiHow, visihow.com/Ask_What_Is_Your_Name_in_Arabic Accessed 27 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Ask What Is Your Name in Arabic." Accessed May 27, 2017. http://visihow.com/Ask_What_Is_Your_Name_in_Arabic.
Categories : Language
Recent edits by: Eng, Alexander Avdeev, Hotelier