Ask Someone for a Date
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Charmed, Eng, Anonymous and 4 others
Of all sad words of might and pen, the saddest are these, "It might have been!".
These words are true when you miss an opportunity to tell someone how you feel. When you are too scared for rejection that you risk the chance of having a relationship with someone you like. A possible chance for relationship starts with a successful first date. A successful first date will start when someone asks the other person to go out together.
Asking someone for a date may not be as easy as it sounds. Sure, you can always go straight forward and ask the other person if he or she is interested to go on a date. However, you can put a higher chances of approval if you take time to put more effort on the "asking out" part by checking on the tips on this VisiHow.
How to Ask a Girl Out for a Date
Asking a girl out may be one of the most common forms of asking for a date. However, it should be noted that it is not that as easy as that and that one should not rush things up.
Before Getting Closer with Her
It is always wiser to know where you stand on a girl's life. So it would be best to observe beforehand and read the signs that her body and gestures are showing. Knowing where you stand will give you an idea on the next steps that should be done.
- 1Check on how interested is her to you.Take note on her reactions when she sees or meets you. Does she notices you every time you to meet? Does she smile on you? Do her eyes seem to sparkle whenever she sees you? If the answers are yes, then she may have interests on you. If the answer is no, do some steps so she will notice you like engaging on the same hobby as her, or read the same book as her. Try to have a common activity with her. This will spark an interest on you and may come in handy later on.Advertisement
- 2Know her likes and hobbies.This will help you to get to know her better and both of you having something in common. This will also raise her interests on you as girls gets interested to boys who share the same interests as her.Advertisement
- 3Keep your distance.Do not be too aggressive on trying to know her more. Make sure you maintain a distance so that she may not notice that you are making some moves. Also keeping your distance makes sure that she will not be intimidated by you as most girls get freaked out by boys who act like stalkers.
Keep in Touch With Her
Once you know where you stand in her "I-like-you-meter" and knowing more things about her, this is the time when you tell keep in touch with her. This is the start of your relationship as acquaintances. These steps may help:
- 1Do the first move by introducing yourself.There are a lot of different ways on how to introduce you. The easiest and most effective style is the "we-have-something-in-common-by-the-way-I'm-John". This will be a good opening line and will raise her interests to continue conversing with you.Advertisement
- 2Keep her interested with you.Make yourself interesting for her. Tell her things that you know she'll like and have interest with. However, keep in mind that lying is a big no. Do not go to the point of lying just to raise her interests on you.
- 3Greet her.Make sure to greet her every time you meet. If you can spark a conversation, the better. However, a good greeting is enough to get both of you connected.
Spilling the Big Question
Once you are done with knowing her and getting closer with her, it is now the right time to pop the question. Aside from the knowledge about her and your communication skills, checking on these steps may help you get an approval:
- 1Wait for the right timing.You do not want to ask her out when a beloved relative has just died; you may be branded as an insensitive person. The right timing is when she is not overly sad nor overly happy and excited.
- 2Choose the right words.Since you already know her better, you should be able to know are the right words that are acceptable to her. Use the words that would give her an idea that your date would be great and interesting.
- 3Make it casual.You are asking her for a first date, you are not proposing to her so keep all the flowers and sweet talks off. Going to that level may turn her off.
- 4Be confident.Do not show her that you have hesitations be firm and confident that you would like to ask her on a date.
- 5Physically prepare.Though you need to be casual, you need to at least look presentable and clean. Make sure to do the daily cleaning routines and put on some light cologne so you smell fresh.
- 6Ask her out.This is the right time. You have prepared for this and you have chosen the right words. You are confident enough since you have known her better.
- 7Be prepared for any answer.The answer that you are looking for would be "Yes". However, that will not be the case all the time. Be prepared for any answer. If she agrees on a date, do not get too overexcited. Thank her graciously and talk about the date. Do not spend an hour telling her how good of a person she is for agreeing for a date with you. If she rejects your date proposal, thank her and be cool. Do not show signs of anger or self-pity as it may bring negative impact on you. A rejection today may be an agreement tomorrow, so do not act like it's the end of the world.
- 8Know when to stop.When she has rejected your date proposals more than once, it may be an indication that she is not interested with you, or she may be interested to someone else. Accept it and move on. There will always be girls who will agree to go on a date with you especially if they say how cool you handle such situations.
How to Ask a Guy Out for a Date
Asking guys for a date may not be the norm but many guys are relieved when the girl makes the first move. For the girl, it may be difficult to step out and ask... but knowing some tips can help you successfully ask a boy for a date.
Before Getting Closer with Him
If there is this one guy that recently caught your attention and you would like to ask him out on a date, you need to observe first these following before doing any advancement:
- 1Make sure that he is single.Check out his Facebook profile page and look for photos. Check if there is a girl who is constantly with him. Check his relationship status. This is a very important step since you do not want a relationship to be disturbed nor you do not want to be the source of a breakup. Also some guys (and girl too) can take advantage of the situation if they know you have interests in them.
- 2Get to know his hobbies and likes.Then check with yours. What are common among them? When you see the common likes, dislikes and hobbies you both have, you will now have an idea on how can you get closer to him.
- 3Do not get too flirty.Some men may get turned off when they notice that a certain woman is doing her moves on him. Some men will also take advantage of the situation.
- 4Keep your guards up.Always keep in mind that your safety is always the most important things. Do not do things that may put your life or both of your lives in danger.
Keep in Touch With Him
Now that you are done with knowing the basics about him, it is now time that he knows the basics about you. Consider these tips and modify them to your situation:
- 1Make him notice you.Since you already have an idea about his likes, let him know that you have them same interests. Either goes on a game that he always plays and joins in (if it can be played by both sexes). Once he learns that you both have the same interest he may start to notice you.
- 2Do not forget to give him a smile every time the two of you meet.A good smile is contagious and has been proven to be a good conversation starter.
- 3Talk to him.You can either start the conversation with, "I noticed that you love painting. Actually I love it too but I'm not as good as you." That can kick start a long conversation and open a wide range for possibilities.
- 4Get close but not too close.By now, you should be friends or at least acquaintances. Do not push it too hard. Keep on the friend zone for a while. You are not in a hurry.
Spilling the Big Question
Now that you know him better and has been closer to him, you may now proceed to asking him out. These tips and advices may help you:
- 1Wait for the right timing.Even though it is not new for a woman to ask a guy out, it would be better if you do it discretely and on the right time. You don't want to spill the beans too early so wait before all situations signal you to ask him out.
- 2Choose the right words.Do not get too flirty nor don't sound too liberated. Do not also ask him out too casually as if you were talking about your favorite hobbies. Do it in a girly and "genuinely you" manner.
- 3Be confident.Show to her that you are not hesitating to ask him on a date. Make her understand that you want to get to know him better. Look him in the eyes, do not look down.
- 4Physically prepare.Have a good night sleep. Use light cologne. Make yourself look presentable without looking too formal. Keep in mind; you are just asking him for a date, you are not yet going to a formal gown event.
- 5Ask him out.This is the time that you have been waiting for. You have gone to all the trouble of getting to know him and get closer to him. Go ask him on a date and get to know about yourselves more.
- 6Be prepared for any answer.Though there is a low chance that he will reject your offer, you should always be ready when he refuses it. Be humble and let him know and feel that you understand. Don't show him that you were affected by his negative reply. The last thing that you want is him to go out with you out of pity.
- 7Know when to stop.You may ask him out again on a later date. But successive rejections should be a hint that he is not interested with you. Accept the fact and move one. Instead of being sad and sorry for yourself, you should instead be happy and thankful that he did not took advantage of the situation.Advertisement
- These are only generic advices and approaches may be different with your situation. Just adjust and apply the main thoughts in this VisiHow.
- If you have questions, suggestions or reactions you may do it on the comment box.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Dating
Recent edits by: Visihow Admin, Doug Collins, Julia Moliere