Ask Questions Using Voice Commands on an HTC One M8
Edited by Thor, Courtney, Eng, Anonymous
Hello and welcome to VisiHow. In this video, we are going to show you how you can use voice commands to ask questions on an HTC One M8.
- 4Once the phone has been unlocked, we will see the Home screen.At the bottom, we will see five various icons. In this video what we want to do is to show you how we can use voice commands to ask questions on an HTC One M8. However, before we can do this, it is important to note that if we want to use voice commands from anywhere on the device, we have to change a setting to allow us to do so. We have a video tutorial on how to do that on VisiHow, so please refer to that video and we will guide you through the process. The reason we need to go through that process is because the default setting on an HTC One M8 is that we can only use voice commands in the Voice or Voice search application. This is obviously not as easy or efficient, so it is important to change this setting if we plan on using voice commands often.
- 5What we are going to do now is issue the magic words which are "OK Google".When we say these words, the voice activation system software is going to kick in and it is going to bring up the voice search. This is going to allow us to talk to Google, and to ask questions. We shall begin the process. For demonstration purposes, we are going to say "OK Google, how many pounds in a kilo?". Google will answer us with the correct information to our question.
- 8We will now have the answer to our question appear on screen.This will also bring us to Google, where we can click around to get more information or retype our question if it was not properly heard. Once the question has been answered, the actual voice search will be deactivated and the phone will not longer be listening to our voice. As we can see, it has been answered correctly and has shown us how many pounds are in a kilogram. If we wanted to ask any other questions, we can simply repeat the process saying "OK Google" and then asking our question.
- 9This then concludes our tutorial on how to use voice commands to ask questions on an HTC One M8.If you have any questions or comments about this video, or about the process that you have seen in this video, then please leave them in the comment section below. We shall answer them for you. Thank you for watching VisiHow, goodbye.Advertisement
Video: Ask Questions Using Voice Commands on an HTC One M8
Questions and Answers
Can't see my camera's photos on my PC?
Hi, I have HTC M8 and when I connect it to my laptop, my camera's photo can't be open, actually it shows that its empty, but another photos will open and I can see them on my laptop. I have tried: I wanted to have my camera photos on my PC but I couldn't do that, any way this problem is only for my camera's photo and video. For example I can see music or WhatsApp image or downloads and... I think it was caused by: You know when I asked about my problem from a man he said that maybe you should update it and I did that but unfortunately the problem wasn't solved...
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : HTC
Recent edits by: Eng, Courtney, Thor