Asian Beef Pasta with Pea Pods and Ginger
Edited by Timbuktu, Maria, Neo Mann, Charmed and 4 others
Asian cuisine often includes dim sum and noodles (pasta), among others. Nowadays, the term "Asian fusion" is widely used to describe the culinary exploration of cross cultural Asian traditions -- Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Thai, Indian and a lot more. Usually, Asian cooking consists of a complete meal with rice, vegetables, seafood, and meat dishes. In China, Peking Duck is one of their national foods, while in Japan a popular dish would be Sushi. Tikka is a favorite in the southeast part of Asia, Tom Yum in Thailand, and Satay is also popular among Southeast Asian countries. But the Asians' love for pastas can't be denied. A week without a pasta dish served in the dining table would probably seem incomplete. Noodles are staple foods that are widely loved all over Asia. Pasta is normally made from flour and comes in various shapes.
East Asian noodles originated in China and made their way to the neighboring countries, and are now widely used all over the world! Below is a sample of an Asian recipe.
Beef Oriental Pasta
- 1/2 kg minced beef
- 6 scallions (sliced diagonally / 2 inches)
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 celery stalks
- 6 mushrooms (sliced)
- 250 ml tomato sauce
- 250 grams pea pods (in pack or fresh rinsed in a hot water)
- 2 fresh tomatoes cut into wedges
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 green bell pepper cut into thin slices
- 3 cups pasta twist
- You will need a big wok for cooking and a big saucepan
Steps to Prepare
For the Pasta Twist:
- 1Boil water in a saucepan and then add 1 tablespoon of oil
- 2Add pasta twists, and when it is al dente, drain the pasta and put it in a bowl.
- 1Preheat the wok, then put in the beef, followed by onions, soy sauce and ground ginger, leave it until the meat is brown.(Make sure it is only on medium heat.)
- 2Then set aside the meat you can push it to the side and then stir fry celery and mushroom for 2 minutes.
- 3Then Add pea pods and tomato sauce, mix and stir in for five to six minutes.
- 4Add Pasta Twist, tomatoes, ¾ cup of the cheese then stir gently so you don't damage the tomato sliced in wedges.
- 5Cook for two minutes.
- 6Add green bell pepper.
- 7Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- 8Reduce heat to low.
- 9Cook until all are heated through.Advertisement
- This recipe can make four servings, and if you want to make more, just double the ingredients.
- Best serve immediately
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Ethnic Foods
Recent edits by: Eng, Lynn, Maureen D.