Approved by Google Adsense
Edited by Ephraim, Charmed, Eng, Shelley and 5 others
Getting approved by Google Ad Sense, is a great way to earn some extra money on the blog or website you've created. The Ad Sense system works by placing relevant ads on your site, and in turn, Google will pay you based on the amount of clicks each advertisement on your site receives. It's free to work with, and you can actually make a decent living if your site is popular and successful enough; however, it's not always easy to get your site approved. You have to maintain a website or blog of the highest quality, with working links, simple navigation and family-safe content. If you want to be sure that your site gets approved as quickly as possible, read the article below for some tips.
- 1 How To Get Your Blog or Website Approved by Google AdSense
- 2 How to Submit an Application to Google AdSense
- 3 What Type of Content is Unacceptable?
- 4 Tips Tricks & Warnings
- 5 Questions and Answers
- 6 Referencing this Article
- 7 Comments
How To Get Your Blog or Website Approved by Google AdSense
- 1There are a number of ways you can go about creating your website or blog, but it should be with a top-level domain such as .com, .org or .net. The two best programs you can use to create a blog are Blogger (powered by Google) or WordPress, and both can be created from their sites blogger.com or wordpress.com. The Blogger program is free to create, but you will have a BlogSpot domain, and if you wish to create your own custom address it will cost you $10. If you choose to use WordPress, you can create a blog for free, or you can pay approximately $18 dollars per year to create a custom domain address. For creating a website, two of the more popluar domain registrar and web hosting companies are godaddy.com and web.com. It's important to know the creating a website can often be very costly if you want to have a high-end custom domain.The first step for you to get AdSense approval is to create a blog or a website.Advertisement
- 2The content you create for should be rich with useful content that reflects the image of your blog or website. It should be completely original. Always high quality, relevant images on your site. If you have a WordPress blog, you'll need to include at least 40 good articles, as well as a few 2000-word or longer well-written articles. If you have an HTML website or non-CMS blog, you'll need at least 50 good articles or landing pages. If you don't meet these minimum standards, your application may be rejected based on insufficient or unoriginal content. Your site should be well-organized and easy to navigate, as well.Make sure your blog or website has lots of high quality content.Advertisement
- 4Once your site is complete, the next goal is to get it seen. One way to do this is to submit your website or blog to search engines such as Google and Bing. Even if you don't do this, your site should eventually get indexed and crawled, but doing so can speed up the process. One way that you can check the status of your website or blog's search ranking is through Alexa. If you're not satisfied with your blog or website's search rankings, adjust the content according to search engine optimization practices and resubmit it to the search engines. It's best to wait at least two months for the site to gain traffic. You should aim for at least a minimum of 50 visitors per day.Get page views.
- 5This will give you access to search analytics reports that show your site's rankings, and it allows you to view traffic changes over time, sort and organize data, view recent queries and view pages that receive the most clicks on search results. This information can help you optimize your site and improve its performance and rankings. You'll also be alerted of any critical issues related to your site, such as server, DNS or URL errors. There are also tons of other resources offered that let you test your data, make your website run faster and create customized searches for your website.Take advantage of the webmaster tools offered by search engines when you register your blog or website.
How to Submit an Application to Google AdSense
- 1Your site should be up and running with completed content, no broken links, page errors, grammar mistakes or any other issues. Go through each page in detail to ensure everything works properly. This will prevent setbacks when submitting your site for approval, and it makes your site much more visitor-friendly.Doublecheck your site to make sure it's eligible for approval.Advertisement
- 2You will be asked to sign in with a verified Google account. You can use an existing account or create a new one, but this information can't be changed once you've completed the AdSense application process.Visit the Google AdSense sign-up page.
- 3You will need to submit your website URL, individual name or business name, contact name, mailing address, email address, phone number and other information. You'll also need to verify your phone number, and you'll be mailed a PIN number, so make sure the information you provide is correct.Provide your personal and contact information.
- 4If your website or blog is approved, you will receive an email with an explanation of the process. You can begin placing ads on your site right away, but Google wants to make sure you're using the system properly and not clicking on your own ads. Once you've been approved, you can even use AdSense to place ads on any other websites or blogs that you own without having to reapply.You should receive an approval or rejection within 48 hours.
- 5You'll need to confirm the PIN number that you received in the mail within 10 days of approval. You can do this through the "Account Information" section of your Google AdSense account. You will also need to add your bank account information (account and routing number) if you wish to be paid through ACH. If you applied with a business name, your bank account name will also need to match that name. If you choose to get paid through ACH, your pay with be automatically deposited once a month by Google AdSense. You'll also need to verify your tax information.Complete the verification process.
- 6Read and follow all Google AdSense guidelines and policies. Never click on your own ads or encourage users to click on them. Google monitors clicks and impressions to make sure no suspicious or invalid activity takes place in relation to your ads. If you notice any suspicious activity on your site, report it to Google right away.Strictly follow all guidelines on ad placement and clicking policies.
What Type of Content is Unacceptable?
Google AdSense is extremely strict with the type of content you display on your site. They will reject your site or revoke your privileges, if your site contains the following type of content:
- 1Google AdSense is supposed to be family-safe, so if you wouldn't feel comfortable viewing your site's content in front of family or coworkers, then it's probably not suitable for the AdSense network. Adult or mature language, nudity, videos, images, links or comment spam are all considered unacceptable. Information related to sexual health or tips including pregnancy, childbirth, sexual preference, performance or STDs, is also prohibited.Adult content.Advertisement
- 2Content that includes photos or videos with depictions of extreme violence, bloodshed, serious injuries, broken bones, gore, maiming or death are inappropriate for Google AdSense. You can, however, place Google AdSense on sites about martial arts or boxing.Violent content.
- 3Sites that sell or facilitate the sale of weapons, fireworks or accessories are prohibited. This includes guns, knives, weapons intended for violent use or bombs. Sites about the sport of hunting, archery, bow hunting, collectible non-working firearms or replicas, antique guns, emergency flares, cutlery, collectible knives or swords and Airsoft guns with a disclaimer on the landing page are allowed.Weapons.
- 4Sites that promote violence, bullying or harassment against groups, individuals or organizations are not allowed. Sites that provide scientific, educational, historical or artistic information on such subjects are allowed.Advocation against groups, organizations or individuals.
- 5Content that promotes or sells drugs, alcohol, tobacco and paraphernalia is prohibited. It's OK to include ads on your site that have information about quitting smoking or brewing and distilling beer.Drugs, tobacco and alcohol.
- 6If you don't have legal rights to publish copyrighted content, it is unacceptable to place it on your site. Educate yourself on what '"fair use" is. Also, don't link to sites that offer copyrighted material such as video or audio files, TV shows, movies, literary works, comics, software or other material. It is OK to display or link to BitTorrent clients.Unoriginal (plagiarized) or copyrighted content.
- 7Sites or blogs that provide information on how to tamper with, illegally access or hack software, websites, servers, communication systems and devices, descrambling cable services and other related information will not be approved. It's OK to provide information on "jailbreaking" phones, free-to-air satellite channels and software information that doesn't violate Google's copyright policy.Hacking and cracking information.
- 8Placing Google logos, screenshots and other exclusive features on your site or blog is not allowed. You're also not permitted to mimic Google's interface or frame their services, implying a partnership with Google, promoting abuse of YouTube or other Google-owned products.Using Google brand features.
- 9Your site is not allowed to sell or promote counterfeit goods. It's also not allowed to provide information or direct the site user to places that promote or distribute false or fraudulent legal documents including passports, IDs and social security cards.Selling or promoting the sale of counterfeit goods or fraudulent documents.Advertisement
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Use a program that fits your needs and your budget.
- Keep adding useful content to your site to bring in more traffic and improve your chances of approval.
- Submit your site address to smaller search engines, as well. It's best to get your site out there and viewed by as many people as possible.
- Take advantage of webmaster tools to improve your website.
- Perfect your site layout and design, and update it as often as needed. A good-looking and easy-to-navigate site is much more likely to be approved than a confusing or disorganized site.
- Blogs are often approved faster than websites, so take that into accountability when preparing to seek the approval of Ad Sense.
- Continuously incorporate SEO techniques to improve your site's visitor traffic.
Questions and Answers
Does Google AdSense support weebly subdomain?
I have been trying AdSense in weebly site builder, but I got rejected many times
The answer to this question is no. Google AdSense is not supported in websites that are made with a free subdomain. However, Google AdSense does support websites that have hosting and paid-for domains. Weebly offers both paid-for domains and free subdomains. The good news is that if you want to upgrade your Weebly subdomain to a new domain then it is very easy to do so. Your website will be migrated to the new domain and will now be eligible for the Google AdSense approval process.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
I failed to upgrade AdSense YouTube using TLD domain?
I tried to register AdSense but by upgrading my AdSense account derived from YouTube. Is in conformity with the state and does not violate the TOS, but still my submission is rejected. I have tried: Update original article is the result of my thinking. I think it was caused by: The main issue that goes to my email page is in violation of the Google AdSense policy
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Approved by Google Adsense. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Jun 25, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Approved_by_Google_Adsense
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Approved by Google Adsense." VisiHow, visihow.com/Approved_by_Google_Adsense Accessed 25 Jun 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Approved by Google Adsense." Accessed Jun 25, 2017. http://visihow.com/Approved_by_Google_Adsense.
Categories : Websites
Recent edits by: Doug Collins, Donna, Hands