Apply Makeup for an Evening Look
Edited by Kara, MsBarbs, Eng
Hi, you're watching VisiHow. My name is Kara, and today I will show you how to achieve an elegant evening out look. For that I will be using creamy metallic eyeshadows. In my case, I am using Avon brand. I have a silver and a gold color to choose from. I will choose one of these. The trick with this is that I will be using some matte eyeshadows in combination with the metallic shininess so I do not look like a disco dancer from the 70s. I can use brown matte shadows to go with the yellow metallic creamy shadow or silver with the black.
- 1Foundation helps to even the skin tone and hide any imperfections. I am using a Mac facial powder, which is one the best powders in my opinion, this is a medium tone. The medium tone will work for a tone or two lighter or darker than the color of the actual powder. For example, my skin is darker than the color of the facial powder, however there isn't an obvious difference once it is applied and it allows me to achieve the effect of lighter and smoother skin.Let's begin by applying foundation to our face.Advertisement
- 6Framing the eyebrow makes applying this type of eyebrow pomade easier. When you use a pencil it's not as critical. A pomade however is a creamier texture. If you do not frame the eyebrow first when using a pomade you may end up with uneven borders.I do the same thing to the top in order to frame the eyebrow.
- 10This is the universal recommendation on how to shape and form your eyebrows if you have a preference for a thinner or thicker eyebrow the same advice is applicable. Even if, naturally, one of your eyebrows is higher than the other this advice does not change.The third point is that when you turn your pencil to where it goes over the end of your eye it should point to the end of your eyebrow.
- 17Be very careful while applying black eyeshadow because it is harder to correct a mistake. For example if you're going to apply some brown colors or any other natural color you don't have to be very straight and precise with them. however, black color is very dark and harder to correct mistakes.Do the same thing with the left eyelid.
- 20I'm going to apply them on the area which I have not applied shadow to yet. I am applying it with my finger. In the disco or evening light they will look very shiny. If you get some of the eyeshadow on your eyelashes it is not a problem because we are going to be using mascara and eyeliner.I am now going to use the golden creamy eyeshadow.
- 22This is my favorite liquid eyeliner because it is a marker. It is also Avon brand in black. I'm going to start with the inner corner of my eye and apply it right on top of the eyeshadow. Don't forget to fill up the space between the eyeliner and your eyelashes. I'm going to create a small the wing at the corner of my eye. Let us do the same thing for the other eye.The next step is to apply eyeliner.
- 23I am using Avon's super shock mascara in black. This mascara is very convenient and effective. Sometimes you see the commercials where you can obviously tell the model is wearing fake eyelashes and they promise the same effect by using their mascara but in real life it doesn't do what it promises to do. This mascara separates each single eyelash and it creates volume layer by layer. I go from having no eyelashes to having really beautiful eyelashes.I have applied eyeliner to both eyes and am going to apply mascara.
- 28Because I have a heavy top, very dark eyeshadow, I am going to be using a lighter colored lipstick which is going to be Mac number 81. I have already run out officially however there is still some left in the bottom which I am going to dig out with my fingernail. Then using my fingers I will apply it to my lips. The texture of Mac lipsticks is a soft and creamy texture which keeps your lips moisturized.To finish the total look, I am going to apply something to my lips.
- 29If you have any questions on makeup or beauty you are welcome to leave them in the fields below. Thank you for watching VisiHow, bye-bye.This was my elegant night out look.Advertisement
Video: Apply Makeup for an Evening Look
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Apply Makeup for an Evening Look. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 27, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Apply_Makeup_for_an_Evening_Look
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Apply Makeup for an Evening Look." VisiHow, visihow.com/Apply_Makeup_for_an_Evening_Look Accessed 27 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Apply Makeup for an Evening Look." Accessed Apr 27, 2017. http://visihow.com/Apply_Makeup_for_an_Evening_Look.
Categories : Makeup & Cosmetics
Recent edits by: MsBarbs, Kara