Allow or Disallow Search Engines to Link to Your Facebook Timeline on HTC One M8
Edited by Thor, Crystal, Eng, Anonymous
Hello and welcome to VisiHow. This is a tutorial on how to edit if search engines can show links to your timeline in Facebook on an HTC One M8.
- 4Now that the folder has been opened, we need to find and tap the Facebook application.There is a Facebook icon, which is a blue background with a white "f" inside, and underneath it says the word "Facebook". Your application may be in a different location, so look for the icon in your folder. We now need to find the account settings menu.
- 8Scroll all the way down to the bottom and press down on the option labeled "Do you want other search engines to link to your timeline?" Underneath it says "Yes", indicating that this option is currently selected.This page will say, "Do you want other search engines to link to your timeline? Please note: When this setting is on, it is easier for other search engines to link to your timeline in search results. If you turn off this setting, it may take a while for search engines to stop showing the link to your timeline in their results." The blue check mark is currently visible, indicating that we do allow search engines to link to our timeline.
- 9Tap on "Let other search engines link to your timeline" to turn it off so that the search engines don't link to our timeline.It will ask us if we want to confirm this, "Are you sure you want to disable public search? When real world friends look for you using a search engine, this setting makes it possible for them to see a preview of your Facebook timeline (containing only info that's public). If you continue, friends may not know if it's really you." Be sure that you want to do this and understand that if we disable this public search and people type our name into a search engine, it will not show our Facebook timeline.
- 13This concludes the tutorial on how to edit if search engines can show links to your timeline in Facebook on an HTC One M8.If you have any questions, comments or queries about this video, or about the process that you have seen in this video, then please leave them in the comment section below, and we will answer them for you. Thank you for watching VisiHow.Advertisement
Video: Allow or Disallow Search Engines to Link to Your Facebook Timeline on HTC One M8
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.