Allow TripAdvisor to Use Current Location on iPhone 6
Edited by Freya, Gordon, Eng, MGN
Hello, you are watching VisiHow. This is a tutorial on how to allow the TripAdvisor application to use the current location on the iPhone 6.
- 4This will take us to the main menu of the TripAdvisor app.We have the option to use the search bar at the top of the main menu. Please see the video on VisiHow on how to use the search bar in TripAdvisor for details on that function of the app. There will also be a list of previous searches and the Browse section below the previous searches.
- 10Tap one of the three available options for how location services should be used by TripAdvisor.There will be a checkmark to the right of the current option. For example, if location services are currently disabled for TripAdvisor, the checkmark will be next to 'Never', indicating the application will never be able to use location services. The second option is 'While Using the App', which indicates the app will be able to use location services, but only while it is open. The third option is 'Always', which indicates the app will always be able to use location services, regardless of whether it is open or not. In this example, we will use 'While Using the App', as there is no reason for the app to use our location while we are not using the app, and it may decrease battery life if an app is using location services in the background.
- 13Tap 'Near Me Now' to view destinations near our current location.Since location services have been enabled, there will be no notification, and the 'Near Me Now' functionality will be available. For example, tap 'Restaurants' to view restaurants near our current location. This will display a list of restaurants.
- 14This concludes the tutorial on how to allow TripAdvisor to use the current location on the iPhone 6.If you have any questions or comments, please post them in the comments section below. Thank you for watching VisiHow.Advertisement
Video: Allow TripAdvisor to Use Current Location on iPhone 6
Questions and Answers
Turn off GPS tracking in Trip Advisor?
Trip Advisor app seems to be extracting my location details too often which slows my phone down and drains its battery by close 13%. How can I turn off this feature?. I have tried: Don't know how to fix. Looking for help. I think it was caused by: The App keeps wanting my GPS location too often
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.