Adjust the Capture Settings on the GoPro Hero 3
Edited by Thor, Crystal, Eng, Anonymous
Hello and welcome to VisiHow. Today I'm going to show you how to adjust the Capture Settings on your GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition.
- 3The first option we have is Upside Down.This gives you the ability to turn your camera upside down but maintain taking photos upright. You might need to do this if you need to attach your camera to an uncomfortable position or into a position where your camera is forced to be upside down, then you can make sure the image is still upright.
- 6The different options here are to take a photo every 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 30 seconds or 60 seconds while recording video.It's good to note that you can only use this function when using one of the following resolution settings: 1080 with 24fps, 1080 with 30fps, 720 with 60 fps or 1440 with 24fps. If you're not using one of these options then you won't be able to use simultaneous video and photo. You can also manually take a photo anytime you are recording a video by pressing the power mode button.
- 8The first option here is Max, which allows you to just keep on recording until the memory card is full, then it will overwrite it and begin again.The other options are 5 minutes, 20 minutes, 60 minutes and 120 minutes. This is a way for you to use the camera for surveillance. For example, if you're waiting to see an animal or you want to set it up for the night, this will allow you to try and capture some images of some things that are hard to capture. It's important to know that Looping Video is disabled in Protune mode.
- 9The next option is Protune mode.Protune is a professional mode. This gives very high-quality images and also gives you a lot of options in post-production. The high data rate allows images to be captured with less compression and also gives a more neutral color allowing you to edit this in post-production. It also gives you a standard film TV frame rate to make it more professional. If you're a professional photographer or you like to create professional videos then this would be a useful tool for you.
- 10When turning the Protune option on, it brings up the White Balance option which allows you to manually select the white balance you want to use depending on the amount of light you have.If you use a great amount of lighting, if there's sky lighting, industrial lighting, indoor lighting, artificial lighting, this will allow you to select a White Balance to work in tandem with the more professional option of using Protune.
- 11These are the options in the Capture Settings menu.Hopefully, this has given you some insight into the camera capabilities. If you have any questions or suggestions about anything we talked about in this video please leave them in the section below. Thank you for watching VisiHow. Goodbye.Advertisement
Video: Adjust the Capture Settings on the GoPro Hero 3
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Cameras & Photography
Recent edits by: Eng, Crystal, Thor