Adjust the Capture Settings on the GoPro Hero 3
Edited by Thor, Crystal, Eng
Hello and welcome to VisiHow. Today I'm going to show you how to adjust the Capture Settings on your GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition.
- 3This gives you the ability to turn your camera upside down but maintain taking photos upright. You might need to do this if you need to attach your camera to an uncomfortable position or into a position where your camera is forced to be upside down, then you can make sure the image is still upright.The first option we have is Upside Down.
- 6It's good to note that you can only use this function when using one of the following resolution settings: 1080 with 24fps, 1080 with 30fps, 720 with 60 fps or 1440 with 24fps. If you're not using one of these options then you won't be able to use simultaneous video and photo. You can also manually take a photo anytime you are recording a video by pressing the power mode button.The different options here are to take a photo every 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 30 seconds or 60 seconds while recording video.
- 8The other options are 5 minutes, 20 minutes, 60 minutes and 120 minutes. This is a way for you to use the camera for surveillance. For example, if you're waiting to see an animal or you want to set it up for the night, this will allow you to try and capture some images of some things that are hard to capture. It's important to know that Looping Video is disabled in Protune mode.The first option here is Max, which allows you to just keep on recording until the memory card is full, then it will overwrite it and begin again.
- 9Protune is a professional mode. This gives very high-quality images and also gives you a lot of options in post-production. The high data rate allows images to be captured with less compression and also gives a more neutral color allowing you to edit this in post-production. It also gives you a standard film TV frame rate to make it more professional. If you're a professional photographer or you like to create professional videos then this would be a useful tool for you.The next option is Protune mode.
- 10If you use a great amount of lighting, if there's sky lighting, industrial lighting, indoor lighting, artificial lighting, this will allow you to select a White Balance to work in tandem with the more professional option of using Protune.When turning the Protune option on, it brings up the White Balance option which allows you to manually select the white balance you want to use depending on the amount of light you have.
- 11Hopefully, this has given you some insight into the camera capabilities. If you have any questions or suggestions about anything we talked about in this video please leave them in the section below. Thank you for watching VisiHow. Goodbye.These are the options in the Capture Settings menu.Advertisement
Video: Adjust the Capture Settings on the GoPro Hero 3
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Adjust the Capture Settings on the GoPro Hero 3. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 26, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Adjust_the_Capture_Settings_on_the_GoPro_Hero_3
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Adjust the Capture Settings on the GoPro Hero 3." VisiHow, visihow.com/Adjust_the_Capture_Settings_on_the_GoPro_Hero_3 Accessed 26 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Adjust the Capture Settings on the GoPro Hero 3." Accessed Mar 26, 2017. http://visihow.com/Adjust_the_Capture_Settings_on_the_GoPro_Hero_3.
Categories : Cameras & Photography
Recent edits by: Crystal, Thor