Adjust Volume and Switch to Silent Mode the Samsung Galaxy S2
Edited by Mohsin, Lynn, Lister Jhan Dugho, Eng and 3 others
Physical keys on a full touchscreen smartphone can be quite reliable, and you can do many tasks without going to the exact point, or you can assign shortcuts so that by pressing a certain key, you can open an assigned app easily. When we talk about any smartphone from the Galaxy series, it usually arrives with four physical keys: A home key, a power key, and two volume keys.
Use Volume Keys
In this article you will learn how to use the volume keys to adjust the volume and switch to Silent or Vibrate mode, using the volume keys.
- 2Press the upper volume key to increase the volume.Advertisement
- 3Press the lower volume key to decrease the volume.
- 4Press the lower volume key and hold long enough to switch to Vibrate mode.
- 5Just one more press after Vibrate mode and your phone will be switched to Silent mode.
Change Volume Settings in Settings Menu
- 4Tick the "Vibrate" option to switch your phone to Vibrate Mode.
- 5Tick the "Silent" box to switch your phone to Silent Mode.
Use Power Button to Change Volume Settings
- 2At the bottom, there is an option to switching to Vibrate or Silent mode.
How Noisy Phones Annoy People
- It tells the people around you that you are not considerate enough of them.
- You do not seem to care whether you are disturbing the people around you.
- You are only considering your needs.
- Some ring and alert tones are rather startling and this can easily put people in a bad mood.
- Not all tones are pleasant to the ears and even if they are, the immediate loud outburst can be jarring, and for some people, seem like a physical pain.
- There are situations that distractions are particularly annoying and disruptive. It makes people think you have no respect for them, or rules, or the sanctity of the location you're in. Disrespect is never appealing to people. Some examples of places where phones are not only discouraged but for some, not allowed.
- Theatre (either a play or film).
- Churches, Synagogues, Mosques, Temples, Rites, weddings, and funerals.
- Quiet concerts where the phone can be heard.
Sometimes, it makes you look like a show-off. It gives people the impression that you're rudeness is arrogance as if you are more important. It's a sign of immaturity and often calls attention to you that's viewed as unnecessary. You are not defined by your device. When you are socializing with friends, put the phone away. Many people are so frustrated by the inappropriate use of phones, that if a group of friends goes out for dinner, the first person to pull out their phone gets the bill.
Situations Where a Phone is Best Turned Silent
- 1It is expected that when you are in a meeting, you focus on what is being discussed and not whatever's on your phone. Also, the other people in the meeting would secretly rather be on their phones, so they won't appreciate any distractions coming from you. If you really have to know what's going on, or you're worried about getting an emergency phone call, put your phone within reach so you can see it without disturbing others. If you have to attend to an emergency call, step out of the room so that it won't affect the other people in the room.Meetings.
- 2This does not really depend on the type of religion, but in most cases, it is strongly advised that you turn your phone silent when visiting a place of worship. People need concentration to pray and distractions from unnecessary sounds are definitely not welcome.Sacred places.
- 3Places like libraries, classrooms, bookstores, and the like will prefer that you maintain silence all the time as people would like to concentrate on what they are reading or working on. Therefore, this is not the best place to make an unwelcome exhibition of your latest ringing tone.Places of study.
- 4Whether you are working in that office or visiting to make a transaction, you are expected to respect the rules within that office. People are there to fulfill a certain function and it is not good when they are distracted by loud ring tones. Also, as an employee, even when you are already too familiar with your colleagues and the other people in the office, this should not make you complacent in terms of maintaining silence at the workplace.Offices.
- 5When you are out hiking in a forest or exploring some magnificent work of nature, turn your phone off and enjoy it. It's really awful to be standing in the majesty of nature, and overhear someone discussing the shopping list with their spouse.Nature.Advertisement
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Use the volume keys to switch most easily to Vibrate or Silent Mode.
- Do not put your phone on Silent mode for a long time.
- You will not hear anything related to sound except for media after switching to Vibrate or Silent.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Adjust Volume and Switch to Silent Mode the Samsung Galaxy S2. (2017). In VisiHow. Retrieved Jun 23, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Adjust_Volume_and_Switch_to_Silent_Mode_the_Samsung_Galaxy_S2
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Adjust Volume and Switch to Silent Mode the Samsung Galaxy S2." VisiHow, visihow.com/Adjust_Volume_and_Switch_to_Silent_Mode_the_Samsung_Galaxy_S2 Accessed 23 Jun 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Adjust Volume and Switch to Silent Mode the Samsung Galaxy S2." Accessed Jun 23, 2017. http://visihow.com/Adjust_Volume_and_Switch_to_Silent_Mode_the_Samsung_Galaxy_S2.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: Nuance, Christine dela Cruz, Eng