Adjust Volume and Switch to Silent Mode the Samsung Galaxy S2
Edited by Mohsin, Lynn, Lister Jhan Dugho, Anonymous and 2 others
Physical keys in a full touchscreen smartphone can be quite reliable, and you can do many tasks without going to the exact point, or you can assign shortcuts so that by pressing a certain key, you can open the app without much effort. When we talk about any smartphone from the Galaxy series, it usually arrives with four physical keys: A home key, a power key and two volume keys. In this article you can learn how to use the volume keys to adjust the volume and switch to Silent or Vibrate mode, using the volume keys.
Use Volume Keys
- 2Press the upper volume key to increase the volume.Advertisement
- 3Press the lower volume key to decrease the volume.
- 4Press the lower volume key and hold long enough to switch to Vibrate mode.
- 5Just one more press after Vibrate mode, and your phone will be switched to Silent mode.
Change Volume Settings in Settings Menu
- 4Tick the vibrate option to switch your phone to Vibrate mode.
- 5Tick the silent box to switch your phone to Silent mode.
Use Power Button to Change Volume Settings
- 2At the bottom, there is an option of switching to Vibrate or Silent mode.
Why Do Noisy Phones Annoy People
- 1It tells the people around you that you are not considerate enough of them.You do not seem to care whether you are disturbing the people around you already. You are only considering your needs.
- 2Some ring and alert tones are rather startling and this can easily put people in a bad mood.Not all tones are pleasant to the ears and even if they are, the immediate loud outburst will not always be pleasing to the people hearing it.
- 3There are situations which do not require any distractions and if the distraction comes from your phone, it only tells the people surrounding you that you do not respect the rules of that particular location.Disrespect is never appealing to people.
- 4It gives the impression that you are being a show-off of your device.In most cases, this is a sign of immaturity. It tells the people around you that you are trying to call for attention for the type of device that you have and are too excited about it. Always remember that the people around you are not always interested in your device. Therefore, you have to keep it to yourself and use it on your own without disturbing others.
Situations Where a Phone is Best Turned Silent
- 1Meetings.It is expected that when you are in a meeting, you focus on what is being discussed and not something else on your phone. Also, the other people in the meeting room would like to do the same so they will not appreciate any distractions coming from you. If you would like to be aware what's going on on your phone or if there are any emergency phone calls, put your phone within reach so you can see it without disturbing others. If you have to attend to an emergency, step out of the room so that it won't affect the other people in the room.
- 2Sacred places.This does not really depend on which type of religion it is but in most cases, and in whatever religion it is, it is strongly advised that you turn your phone silent when visiting these types of places. People need concentration to pray and distractions from unnecessary sounds are definitely not welcome.
- 3Places of study.Places like libraries, classrooms, bookstores, and the like will prefer that you maintain silence all the time as people would like to concentrate on what they are reading or working on. Therefore, this is not the best place to make an unwelcome exhibition of your latest ringing tone.
- 4Offices.Whether you are working in that office or visiting to make a transaction, you are expected to respect the rules within that office. People are there to fulfill a certain function and it is not good when they are distracted by loud ring tones. Also, as an employee, even when you are already too familiar with your colleagues and the other people in the office, this should not make you complacent in terms of maintaining silence at the workplace.Advertisement
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Use the volume keys to switch most easily to Vibrate or Silent Mode.
- Do not put your phone on Silent mode for a long time.
- You will not hear anything related to sound except for media after switching to Vibrate or Silent.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: Eng, Anonymous, Lister Jhan Dugho