Adjust The Volume and Switch to Silent Mode on Samsung Galaxy S3
Edited by Geraldin Carniyan, Lynn, Anonymous, Eng and 1 other
Samsung Galaxy S3 is one of the most sought-after mobile phones available on the market because of its features. Because most of us get crazy about its amazing applications, we tend to forget how the mobile phone's basic functions work, such as its sound. Today, I will show you a quick step-by-step tutorial on how to adjust the volume and enable the silent mode function of a Samsung Galaxy S3. I will also include call volume features of the phone that most of us are not aware of.
Adjusting the volume
- 3Slide the white bar to the right to turn up the ringtone volume and to the left to turn it down.You can also do the same steps to adjust the volume of your media (e.g. games and videos), applications notifications (e.g. Facebook, Twitter and email) and mobile phone system (e.g. battery percentage warning).
- 4Press "OK" to save the changes you made.
Ways to put the phone in Silent mode
Call volume features
You have an option to turn up the volume on your ringtone, so that you can still hear it when your mobile phone is in your pocket or in your bag. This way, you can be sure that you are always aware if someone is calling you. The three simple steps are:
- 1Go to your phone's dialer.Advertisement
Working with a phone with superb features such as Samsung Galaxy S3 may not be as easy as it looks, but if we have enough initiative to discover its features, you will definitely be able to enjoy it 10 times than you do now.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Another easy way to adjust the phone's volume is to push the volume button on the left side of the phone up or down.
- You can quickly mute the ring of your phone by simply flipping it over. To enable this option, just go to "Settings", then "Motion", and put a tick next to the option "Turn over to mute/pause".
- Use only the rate of the volume necessary for you to be be aware of your notifications. This will save your battery and avoid having your phone make too much noise, especially if you are in places that require silence, such as the library, in a class, or in a meeting.
Questions and Answers
I have a Samsung Galaxy 3 SM-9005 and the volume keeps defaulting to zero?
I go to settings / device / sound and I reset the ringtone volume to maximum. It seems to work OK for a day or so, then I discover its back to zero again. I am not sure what I am doing that makes it default apparently randomly. Thanks
Most likely you have set a program like Prayer (for Muslims) or set a meeting where you set the ringer to be off, check those two possibilities out.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: Eng, Anonymous, Lynn