Adjust Camera ISO for Low Light Photography on Microsoft Lumia 535
Edited by Thor, Gordon, Eng, Anonymous
Hello, and welcome to VisiHow. This is a tutorial on how to adjust the ISO for low light photography while using the Lumia Camera on a Microsoft Lumia 535.
- 3Find and tap the Lumia Camera tile to open the Lumia Camera application.The Lumia Camera tile appears as a white camera image on a purple background. If the Lumia Camera app is not pinned to the home screen, swipe from right to left to view the App menu. Find and tap Lumia Camera in the App menu to open the Lumia Camera app.
- 4The ISO setting is used to take photos in low lighting.This is often done in conjunction with a slower shutter speed, as the two settings complement each other and allow the user to take the best photo. For example, in order to take a photo of a moving subject, it is necessary to increase the shutter speed so that the subject is not blurred. However, as the shutter is not open as long, this will require more light. One way to do this, if there is not enough natural light, is to adjust the camera's sensitivity, which is the ISO. This may increase noise in the photo, which can be in the form of distortion, static or blur, and generally reduces the clarity of a photo. To reduce noise, it is important to use a tripod to be able to keep the camera very still.
- 5Tap the shutter speed icon, which is the second icon from the bottom in the settings menu on the right side of the screen.This will display the shutter speed settings. Please refer to the video on VisiHow on how to adjust the shutter speed while using the Lumia Camera for more details on how to use this setting.
- 12For example, if the ISO is set at the highest point in the range, and the shutter speed is at its lowest setting (open for the longest amount of time), there will be too much light for the situation in this video.The resulting photo will be all glare. Adjust the shutter speed and ISO settings based on the amount of light in each scenario to be able to take the best picture.
- 15Therefore, the less light there is when taking a photo, the higher the ISO setting, or sensitivity, should be.When used in conjunction with the shutter speed, the ISO allows the shutter to open more to allow more light in when using a faster shutter speed, which is helpful when taking action shots. The best way to learn how these settings work is to practice using the camera in different situations, with different ISO and shutter speed settings.
- 16This concludes the tutorial on how to adjust the ISO for low light photography while using the Lumia Camera on a Microsoft Lumia 535.If you have any questions or comments about this video or the Lumia Camera application, please post them in the comments section below. Thank you for watching VisiHow.Advertisement
Video: Adjust Camera ISO for Low Light Photography on Microsoft Lumia 535
Questions and Answers
How can I do better photography on Microsoft Lumia 535?
I want to know how to improve my photography skills on Lumia 535?. I have tried: I tried to use too many months. I think it was caused by: Maybe I do not know how to use this application
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Nokia
Recent edits by: Eng, Gordon, Thor