Adjust Bike Brakes
Edited by Thor, Crystal, Eng, Anonymous
Method 1: Brake Cable
Hello, welcome to VisiHow. Today I'm going to show you how to adjust the brakes on a mountain bike or touring bike with the brake cable.
- 5As always, you're going to want to take the bike for a test drive to see if the adjustments are suitable.There are other methods to adjust your brakes, you can find these methods below. If you have any comments or questions, please leave them in the comment box. Thanks for watching, goodbye for now.
Video: Adjust Bike Brakes Brake Cable
Method 2: Brake Shoe
Hello, welcome to Visihow. Today I'm going to show you how to adjust the brake shoe on a touring or mountain bike. Over time, brake pads become eroded, and you will need to adjust the brake pads in order to make them more efficient.
- 1In this method, you're going to take an Allen Key, size 5, and loosen the bolt for the brake pad.By loosening the bolt, we get access to the brake pad, and we can adjust it into the position that is required. Because of the angle of the brake pad you will find that some of the rubber will be eroded, and some of it won't be.Advertisement
- 4As always, you're going to want to test it to see how it functions.You will find that when you adjust the brake pads, you will also need to adjust the brake cable above. If you have any questions or comments please leave them in the comment box. This is VisiHow, goodbye.
Video: Adjust Bike Brakes Brake Shoe
Method 3: Brake Lever
Hello and welcome to VisiHow. Today, I'm going to show you how to adjust your brakes on a mountain or touring bike.
- 3In order to adjust the brake, we're going to screw, or unscrew this knob.If we unscrew, it pulls the brake cable in and pulls the brake pads together. If we screw, it loosens the brake cable, creating more space between the brake pads and the wheel. You should adjust this according to your needs, and as always, you should test the results to see if they are adequate. This is one method to adjust your brakes, you can find the others above.
- 4This is how to adjust your brakes.If you have any comments, suggestions or questions please leave them in the comment box below. Thank you for choosing VisiHow. Goodbye.Advertisement
Video: Adjust Bike Brakes Brake Lever
Categories : Bikes & Motorcycles
Recent edits by: Eng, Crystal, Thor