Add the Head and Title Attributes to a Properly Formed HTML5 Document
Edited by Grimm, Amanda, Eng, Anonymous
You're watching VisiHow. In this tutorial, we are going to show you how to add the head and title attributes to a properly formed HTML5 document.
- 6Create a carriage return.This is done by hitting the "Enter" or "Return" key, and it inserts a blank line. Now here is a fast introduction to the head. The head is what is read and processed by the browser. It forms the wrapper, or some of the outer contents of the page, which don't actually show up on the page.
- 19Type in a title.We will type, "VisiHow HTML5 Tutorial". Now we have a head with our title. There are other elements we will also want to add into the title of our document. But when we're learning and making a basic page, we want to stay basic. That's what we're doing here. We've opened our head tag and we've given it a title, and then closed the head tag. Let's see what that does.
- 24Look at the name on the tab.It displays our title, "VisiHow HTML5 Tutorial". This will show up on every browser tab that everyone looks at. It's very important to have this title, as it's very important for SEO. Google loves this kind of thing, and so do Microsoft and Bing, they just don't have as much love to share as Google does.
- 29This concludes our tutorial on adding the head and body tag to a properly formed HTML5 document.If you have questions, comments, or suggestions about this tutorial, or any of our other tutorials, make sure you let us know in the section below. We will get back to you as soon as possible. As ever, thanks for choosing VisiHow. Have a great day.Advertisement
Video: Add the Head and Title Attributes to a Properly Formed HTML5 Document
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Software
Recent edits by: Eng, Amanda, Grimm