Add or Remove a Case from the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Edited by David Mason, Eng, VisiHow
If you want to help make sure your phone does not get broken, you should put a case on it. The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is no exception. Even though it has curved sides to the screen, this does not mean you will not be able to put a case on it. In fact, Samsung has specially made cases designed to fit on the S7 Edge. These cases can be purchased directly from Samsung, or you can find one online through Amazon, eBay, or elsewhere. Wherever you get a case for your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, it's important to understand how to securely attach it to the phone. This is because if you do not properly secure the case to the phone, then the phone could bounce out of the case in the event you drop it. It's also important to know how to remove the case, as applying too much pressure when removing the case, or attempting to do it the wrong way, can damage your phone or cause you to drop it. Read on for our tutorial on how to add or remove a case from the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.
Add a Case to the Galaxy S7 Edge
- 3Next, apply some non-abrasive cleaner to a soft cloth and then wipe the back of your phone clean.This is to ensure that no fingerprints or oil are on the Galaxy S7 Edge. Make sure you wipe the sides and edges of your phone as well. The reason for this is that the oil from your fingerprints will attract dirt dust and other debris. Over time these can scratch your phone if they get inside the case. Since you're putting a new case on your phone, you want to make sure you keep things as clean as possible.
- 5Once the phone has been placed in the case, lift the case and the phone.Then take your thumb and apply firm but steady pressure to one side or the other of the top of the case. Make sure you do this on a flat surface. If you do not you run the risk of your phone popping out and falling in the floor.
Remove a Case from the Galaxy S7 Edge
- 1To remove the case from your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, you will want to pick up the phone in the case on the lower area, as shown in the image below.Grasp firmly with your hand. Note that your thumb should be near the top of the case. Next, apply downward pressure on the top edge of the case while maintaining a firm grip. This will cause the top edge to pop or snap off from the phone.Advertisement
- 3After you have done this, the phone should slide out of the case, allowing you enough space to use one finger to press the rest of the case off of the phone.You can then pull the S7 out of its case.
- If the case seems stuck or jammed a little bit, you may have to wiggle it from side to side. This is normal, as these cases are designed to fit very snugly on your phone.
- 5To insert the Galaxy S7 Edge into the case once more, follow the instructions provided earlier in this tutorial.As ever, do not forget to clean the back and sides of your phone before placing it into a case or after removing it. This will help keep it cleaner for a longer time, prolonging the life of your phone.
- If you have a case with a front cover the same techniques apply for installing it.
- If your case does not fit snugly on the phone, it is defective. Exchange it for another case.
- Never clean your Galaxy S7 Edge with an abrasive cleaner or harsh chemical. Even though the phone is waterproof, harsh chemicals can damage or destroy the waterproofing.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Add or Remove a Case from the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 24, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Add_or_Remove_a_Case_from_the_Samsung_Galaxy_S7_Edge
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Add or Remove a Case from the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge." VisiHow, visihow.com/Add_or_Remove_a_Case_from_the_Samsung_Galaxy_S7_Edge Accessed 24 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Add or Remove a Case from the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge." Accessed Mar 24, 2017. http://visihow.com/Add_or_Remove_a_Case_from_the_Samsung_Galaxy_S7_Edge.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy S7 Related
Recent edits by: Eng, David Mason