Add a Non-Jailbroken iPhone to mSpy
Edited by Friday, Eng, Nuance, VC
If you're planning on spying on someone's cell phone, and that someone has an iPhone that is not Jailbroken, you're going to need to use mSpy. mSpy allows you spy on an iPhone through iCloud, if the iPhone is not Jailbroken.
If you're working from a Jailbroken iPhone, then you'll want our tutorial for how to install mSpy on a Jailbroken iPhone.
Add a Non-Jailbroken iPhone to mSpy
In this tutorial we will discuss how to add a non-jailbroken iPhone to mSpy. This works for any iPhone that is running a standard iOS operating system, and that has not been modified by Jailbreaking, and isn't Activation Locked. If you aren't sure, check our tutorial on how to see if the iPhone is Activation Locked. For everyone else with a non-Jailbroken iPhone, it's time to get started.
Activate iCloud Backup
The first thing you will need to do is activate iCloud backup on the iPhone you would like to spy on. Please follow the steps below in order to activate iCloud backup for your iPhone. Note that these instructions are given for iOS9. If you are running a later version of iOS, please let us know, and we will provide updates for you.
- 2This will open up the settings menu.
- 3On the settings menu, navigate or scroll down until you find iCloud.
- 11Wait for the backup to complete, and proceed to the next section to setup mSpy. Note that the time shown for a backup on the iPhone is an estimate, and it can vary significantly depending on your connection, Apple servers, and the amount of data being backed up.When the backup is completed, it will be shown below.
Set Up the iPhone on mSpy
In order to use mSpy to spy on your iPhone, you will need to set up the phone in the mSpy system. The steps are relatively simple and straightforward. As long as you have set up iCloud backup and backed up your phone, as discussed in the beginning of this tutorial. Once you have done this, you will have no problem setting up mSpy on your iPhone.
- 7In this section you will be required to enter in the Apple ID and the password. There is also a checkbox for saving the password. We strongly encourage you to use this checkbox for saving the password. Enter in the username and password. Then mark the checkbox.After clicking "Proceed", you will be taken to the next section.
- 13You can now spy on this phone any and every time it is plugged into a charger and connected to WiFi and backs up. The backup that you selected will be available for view in the dashboard within 24 hours of your selecting it. Click on Finish to proceed.You will now see that your data is being uploaded, and will be organized by mSpy.
- Do keep in mind that you may go a day or two without being able to get information from the iPhone you are spying on if it does not backup. To start the backup process, the iPhone needs to be connected to WiFi, connected to a power source, and screen locked. Therefore, if you see the iPhone you are spying on laying around not connected to a power source, you might want to be helpful and plug it into a charger for the person you're spying on. It helps to be nice.
- If you enter the wrong password for your iCloud account, mSpy will not be able to connect.
- If you have not accepted Apple's terms and conditions, you will not be able to use mSpy on the target phone. To confirm that the Apple terms and conditions have been checked, you will need to go to settings on the target phone, and click on iCloud. Then tap on backup. At some point in this process if the Apple terms and conditions of not been accepted, you will receive a pop-up message on the iPhone. Simply follow the steps on the pop-up message to accept the terms and condition. Then retry connecting to mSpy
- If, even after entering the correct information, you receive error messages, make sure you have followed all the steps in this guide. If you have followed all of our steps, then log out of mSpy, and log back in. When you've done that - restart the process of setting up your iPhone from the beginning. Follow this tutorial above to do this.
- Remember that if the person you are spying on changes the password to their iCloud account, you will no longer have access to their new backups.
- Before beginning any of this - consider whether what you are about to do is ethical. You may find out nothing, but if the other party finds out, you might lose everything.
Categories : Suspicions
Recent edits by: Nuance, Eng, Friday