Add Spanish Accents in Word 2010
Edited by Thor, Jen M, Eng, Anonymous
Hello and welcome to VisiHow. In this video, I'm going to show you how to add Spanish accents to letters in Microsoft Word 2010, when using an English keyboard. Accents are very important in Spanish. They identify stress on syllables, when they should be emphasized and when the inflection of the voice should be utilized. They help to differentiate between words that are spelt the same but have different meanings. And they are very important when speaking, and equally important when Spanish words are written. Obviously on an English computer, there is no access on the keys. But using hotkey commands, we can add the accents to the letters.
- 1So to do this, we're going to use the 'Control' button and the 'Apostrophe' (') button.So we're going to press 'Control', 'Apostrophe' and 'A'. You can see that the "A" now has an accent. We can also use 'Control' and 'Apostrophe' with: 'E', 'I', 'O', and 'You'. And as you can see now, we have all of the vowels.Advertisement
- 2The other letter with an accent in Spanish is the "N", which is pronounced differently, and it has a tilde squiggly line on top of it.To add that, we're going to use 'Control', 'Shift' and the 'tilde' (or squiggly line) with 'N'. And now you can see the "N" there with the tilde on top.Advertisement
- 3To change the casing of the letters, on the keyboard it does not like to change it if you put the keyboard into Caps Lock and then try to add the accents to the "A".It refuses to do it; it doesn't like it. What we need to do is select the letter we want to make bigger or smaller. So press 'Shift', and then use the arrow keys to select the text.
- 6So this has been a video showing you how to add accents and other unique Spanish grammatical symbols to Word documents when using an English keyboard.If you have any other questions, or anything you would like to know, please leave those comments in the section below. And you've been watching VisiHow. Goodbye!Advertisement
Video: Add Spanish Accents in Word 2010
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Microsoft Suites
Recent edits by: Eng, Jen M, Thor