Add Ring tones to almost any Adroid OS mobile
Edited by Ryan, Eng, Lynn, Anonymous and 2 others
Music is one way to communicate and to show your emotions. Many people use music to set their moods and most of all to lift their spirits. In this era, music is essential for a lot of people, so it's no wonder gadget-producing companies make sure that applications to play music are available in their devices.
Nowadays, people don't only use music to show how they feel or to relate their current situation to the music that they want to hear. Many also use music or ringtones to show their personality. In text messaging, some love to personalize its notification tone. Some may love to change their ringtones depending on their mood. If you want to add a personal ringtone to just about any Android OS mobile device, you can do so by following the steps below:
- 1Connect your Android OS device to your computer, using a mini USB cable.USB cables usually come with the package when you purchase your device.Advertisement
- 2For Android Gingerbread, click "Turn on USB storage" to connect.Advertisement
- 3On your computer, click "My Computer" If you are using Mac, just click on "Finder".
- 4Find your device's storage and double click on that.
- 5Add or create a new folder and name it "Ringtones"
- 6Drag and drop your ringtones or MP3 files from your computer into "Ringtones"
- 7Disconnect your Android OS device from your computer.
- 8On your device choose "Settings"
- 9Click on "Sounds," then go to "Phone ringtone"
Basic Etiquette to Follow When It Comes to Ring Tones
- 1Be considerate of other people.If you enjoy a particular ring tone, do not assume that the people around you feel the same. They may or may not like it. Therefore, if it's unnecessary, avoid using very loud ring tones as it may end up to be distracting to other people.
- 2Turn off ring tones during meetings or other formal discussions.Ring tones are not welcome in any conference room or classroom. Not only will it be distracting the other people in the room, you are also not expected to divide your attention between the point of discussion and a phone call or text message. If you are anticipating an urgent or important call, still keep your phone on silent while putting your phone to a place where you can see it. When you have to pick up the call, just step outside the room so that you won't disturb the meeting.
- 3Avoid using ring tones that are offensive.Ring tones, nowadays, are not only limited to pleasing music. There are also cases where certain dialogues are used as ring tones. In this case, if you would like to use those, be sensitive enough to consider if it does not say anything that may be offending to the people around you.
- 4Choose your ring tone carefully.There are ring tones which are rather startling to hear and therefore it's not ideal to use. If possible, choose the ones which are appealing to the ears, especially if you are the type of person who gets a lot of calls in a day.
How to Use Ring Tones Effectively
- 1Choose different tones for different functions.If you do this, this will make it easier for you to distinguish what type of notifications you are getting, especially if you are not looking at your phone all the time. You will be able to know which ones are urgent to attend to and which ones are not.Advertisement
- 2Classify your contacts according to ring tone.This way, you will be able to filter the calls you will be receiving. For example, if you are using one phone for personal and work matters, you will be able to distinguish which ones are appropriate to answer by just hearing the ring tone. If someone at work calls you late at night, you would know that it may not be urgent to respond to since it's outside of work hours already.
- 3Pair up your ring tone with a vibration mode, especially when you are outside in a noisy place.The pattern of the vibration will also help you identify callers, or determine which app is responsible for the notifications.
- 4Change your ring tone from time to time.If you use only one ring tone for a long time, you may tend to get immune to it. If you are in a noisy place, you may end up not really hearing it while other people can. If you put some variety to your ring tone patterns, you will always hear it.
- 5Select ring tones which are unique.If your ring tone is very common, when in public, you may get confused when you hear the same ring tone and think that it's yours.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : General Android Mobiles & Tablets
Recent edits by: Christine dela Cruz, Anonymous, Lynn