Activate All The Features of Air-View in Samsung Galaxy S4
Edited by Mohsin, Charmed, Eng, Leomar Umpad
Samsung Latest Flagship device, Samsung Galaxy S4, arrived with a lot of new features like eye tracking, S-Health etc. One of the most amazing part about this Giant is the feature of Air-View, personally my favorite. Air-View was first introduced in Galaxy Note2 then the next OS update from Samsung allows all the devices on Android 4.2.2 to use the features of Air-View.
For all those who don't know what is Air-View, allow me to explain it to you. The Air - View is basically the information of the file on which you hover your finger or Stylus. It allows you to know most of the desired file without any need of opening it, For Example, if you want to watch a specific part of the video but you are not sure in which video is it, just hover your finger over the video and you will see the thumbnail of the video, confirm the part and then tap to open and watch that video.
- 1 How to activate Air View on your phone.
- 2 Features of Air View
- 2.1 Information Preview
- 2.2 Progress Preview
- 2.3 Speed dial preview
- 2.4 Webpage magnifier
- 3 Comments
How to activate Air View on your phone.
To activate Air-View on your device, follow these procedures:
- 8You have successfully enabled Air View on your Phone.
Features of Air View
When Air View is switched on, you will have an option to enable its four features. The four features are: Information preview, Progress preview, Speed dial preview, and Webpage Magnifier. A brief description of each feature and their functions are discussed on this section.
- What does it do: One of the Features of Air-View that allows you to preview information about the file or folder by hovering your finger over it. Functions include preview information, enlarge pictures and extend text.
- How to activate it: You can activate information preview by hovering your finger over the screen.
- What applications work with it: S Planner, Gallery and the Messaging applications supports information preview.
See more details in S Planner
- 1Open S Planner by going to Home Screen > Apps > S Planner.Advertisement
- 2Locate a date with a note, event or task on it.
View pictures in an album
- 1Open your Gallery by going to Home > Apps > Gallery.
- 2Locate the folder containing the pictures that you want to see.
- 3Hover to the album of your choice to see a preview of the pictures on it.
View more content of an SMS message
- 1Open Messaging application by going to Home > Apps > Messaging.
- 2Locate the message that you want to see more content than the truncated preview text.
- What does it do:Allows you to preview a scene or show the elapsed time when viewing videos through the native video player.
- How to activate it: You can activate progress preview by hovering your finger over the progress bar.
- What applications work with it: Native Video Player that comes with Galaxy S4. Other video applications are not supported.
To preview a scene or show the elapsed time when viewing a video
- 1Open the Gallery by going to Home > Apps > Gallery.
- 2From Gallery, open the folder containing the video of your choice.Tap on the video and open it. When asked what application to use, choose "Video Player" over the other players.
Speed dial preview
- What does it do: Allows you to view the details of the contact (name, profile picture and number) that is tied to a speed dial.
- How to activate it: You can activate speed dial preview by hovering your finger over the numbers on the keypad.
- What applications work with it: Native Keypad/Dial pad that comes with Galaxy S4. Other dialing applications are not supported.
To view speed dial contact details maintained on a key
- 1Open the Keypad application by going to Home > Apps > Phone > Keypad tab.
- 2Once on the Keypad, hover your finger over any number on the keypad to view details of the contact associated with it.
- What does it do: Allows you to view a magnified version of the chosen content from a webpage. This can be very helpful especially when you are viewing the desktop version of the site.
- How to activate it: You can activate webpage magnifier by hovering to the area on the webpage that you want to magnify.
- What applications work with it: Native Internet application that comes with the Galaxy S4. Other internet applications are not supported.
To magnify webpage content
- 1Open the Internet application by going to Home > Apps > Internet.
- 2On the Internet app, open the website of your choice.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : USE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4
Recent edits by: Eng, Charmed, Mohsin