Accomplish Ghost Hunter in Tomb Raider Definitive Edition on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
Edited by Melsan, Eng, Alma, Yuliya
There are a lot of challenges in Tomb Raider for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One (and the previous gen) such as Flags to burn, Totems to destroy and eggs to find. Chances of finding them are very low as they are not marked on your Map, compared to other extras like files and GPS.
This article will help you find the Totems that need to be destroyed for the Coastal Forest Challenge - Ghost hunter.
If you are having a hard time seeing the totem (they're not very big), just press the R1 button to activate Instinct Mode and the items will glow gold.
- 1 All Tomb Raider totems for the Ghost Hunter challenge
- 2 Complete the Tomb Raider Challenges in Mountain Village
- 3 Tomb Raider Mountain Base Challenge
- 4 Tomb Raider Shanty Town Challenge Solution
- 5 Tomb Raider's Geothermal caverns challenge
- 6 Tomb Raider Summit Forest Challenge
- 7 Tomb Raider Shipwreck Beach Challenge
- 8 Tomb Raider Cliffside Bunker Challenge
- 9 Tomb Raider Research Station Challenge
- 10 Tips
- 11 Questions and Answers
- 12 List of Trophies and how to gain them
- 13 Comments
All Tomb Raider totems for the Ghost Hunter challenge
- 1The first Totem can be found in the first base camp of the game.You need to get a weapon to destroy it. Look for the dead hangman then get the bow from it. Once you have the bow, Get back to the camp and go left, then activate instinct to see its golden glow hanging on a tree just past a ledge and destroy it.Advertisement
- 6Once you destroyed the 5 Totems in the first base camp, head to the next base camp to destroy the other 5 Totems and complete the challenge
Complete the Tomb Raider Challenges in Mountain Village
Pyromaniac: Destroy 5 lanterns
All the lanterns can be found in the same area, in the Mountain Temple.
- 1First lantern.This lantern is inside the very first building you find in the area. Rotate the camera to face the top roof. Point the bow to the big hole on the wall, and shoot the lantern.Advertisement
- 2Second lantern.Look for the small waterfall between the first and second building. If you haven't killed the two guards, the lantern is just above them. If you can't see it, activate the instinct effect to have it glow gold.
- 3Third lantern.This lantern is hanging under the roof of a building. Look for a building that is facing a cliff near a cliff edge. The lantern is hanging on the left side of the building that's facing left.
- 4Fourth lantern.Near some huge stones in the middle of the map, look for a large building. Once you face the three-story building, point the bow to the 2nd floor where you can find the lantern.
- 5Fifth lantern.This lantern can be found when you are almost at the next base camp. Follow the path and you'll see it right above the wooden debris.
Illumination: light 10 statues
This challenge requires 10 statues that you need to light up.
- 1Once you enter Mountain village, turn right.You will see the first status that you need to light up.
- 2Reach the top of the falls.You will do this as part of your main story mission. Look across to the other side of the falls, the statue will be there.
- 3You can find the next statue near a cart as soon as the game enters the next day.Zipline to it and light it up.
- 4Use the same zipline over the cart ramp to go down.Once you pass the fourth statue use the stairs and reach the ledge from where you can light it up.
- 5The fifth statue can be found a bit later in your mission.There will be two enemies talking in front of the statue. Simply wait for them to go away or kill them to light up the statue.
- 6Move to the next zipline after the fifth statue.Simply use the zipline and you will land next to the sixth statue.
- 7The seventh statue can be found in the middle platform.Jump down to go up the short stairs, and there you will find the seventh statue.
- 8From your camp, head south from the monastery and look for a river.This is where you will find the next statue to be lit up.
- 9Explore the higher grounds and look for a red log in the south west area.Leap over the red log to reach the statue that you need to light up.
- 10Finally, go south from the village and look for ramshackle stone steps.Look for a white wood that you need to climb to reach the final statue to light up to complete the Illumination challenge.
For this challenge, you will need to destroy eggs.
- 1From the entrance of the village, look for a shack into the cliff face just ahead of you.The egg is in the first building, located on the right side.
- 2Go northwest of the village and look for a log that crosses over to a climbing wall.From the small structure with two hanging lanterns, go around the walkway and there you will find the egg.
- 3Look for the central pillar with a zipline post and red flag.Shoot it with your bow and rope to go down to get the egg.
- 4Head to the southern part of the camp from the crashed plane.Look for an arch and a lantern, then head left and jump on to the other side. The egg is on the roof.
Tomb Raider Mountain Base Challenge
In this challenge, you need to burn 5 banners. You'll receive extra XP for doing this. Use a fire arrow or light a torch to save your arrows in case you encounter large parties of enemies.
- 1The first banner is near the base entrance.Find the fire extinguisher and you will see the banner.Advertisement
- 2Look for a large window with a hole that you can climb.Just turn the camera and look for the red banner. Pick up the lantern and throw it to the red banner.
- 3As soon as you get your machine gun, look for a generator near a fire.Right beside it, you will find another red banner that you need to burn. The banner is on the right side of the generator.
- 4After the ambush, look for a room that has scribbles on the wall that says FlAMes.The banner looks like a light brown paper right next to the door. Burn it up!
- 5Continue in the same area, to the room of barrels at the end of a short corridor.The banner is at the end of the room. Aim the camera at the right wall and you'll see it.
Tomb Raider Shanty Town Challenge Solution
This challenge requires you to destroy 4 alarms to prevent encountering huge groups of enemies.
- 1First Alarm.Go south of the town and look for a wall to climb. There you will find the alarm you need to disable.
- 2Second Alarm.You will find this alarm on a white platform that is located north-west from the center of the map.
- 3Third Alarm.After you pass the windmill, look for a climbable wall. The alarm is located here.
Laid to the rest
For this challenge, you need to destroy or burn the 5 Effigies.
- 1First Effigy.From the camp in the south-east of the town, look for a tomb that has two dead bodies hanging. Look up to the rock and you'll see a white sheet that looks like a triangle with a circle below it. Use your bow and a fire arrow to burn it.
- 2Second Effigy.Go to the top of the windmill, and then look for a cliff where the effigy is hanging.
- 3Third Effigy.Find the largest observation tower that has a bridge running from it. You can find the Effigy on the back of the white big sheet.
- 4Fourth Effigy.In the center of the map, you will find a catwalk and a hanging crate. Climb up here to see the effigy.
Tomb Raider's Geothermal caverns challenge
This challenge requires you to burn 6 sacks throughout the map.
- 1First Sack.The first sack is hidden in the dark before you reach the first cloud of gas. Light a torch or use instinct to see it clearly, then burn it up using your torch or fire arrows.
- 2Second sack.Once you reach the first wide central cavern, look for a pillar from the middle wall. The sack is right above the pillar.
- 3Third sack.Find the passage of cells located northeast. The third sack is by the bulb.
- 4Fourth sack:Proceed to the gate and use instinct to find the fourth sack. It is not easy to see since it's located far from the gate.
- 5Fifth sack.Once you pass the gate, look back to find the sack hanging above the steam.
Tomb Raider Summit Forest Challenge
Red Cap Round
In this challenge, you will need to collect 10 Mushrooms.
- 1First mushroom.From the crash site of the helicopter, go southwest. Here you will find the first mushroom to collect.
- 2Second mushroom.Go to the helicopter, then go around it and to the first burning tree. Walk towards the large tree, then go around it to collect the second mushroom.
- 3Third mushroom.The third mushroom is in the next area before the patrolling enemies.
- 4Fourth mushroom.From the main area of that map, head south and look for two big rocks to find the mushroom.
- 5Fifth mushroom.This mushroom is by the broken stump north from the small bridge.
- 6Sixth mushroom.Look around the first big bridge to find the 6th mushroom.
- 7Seventh mushroom.Once you reach the first big building, go right and head up stone steps.The mushroom is by the two lanterns.
- 8Eighth mushroom.Look for greenish platforms located on the right side of the area, and find an alcove. Once you have found the alcove, you will find the 8th mushroom
- 9Ninth mushroom.Follow the water to north until you see a log. There, you will find the 9th mushroom for you to collect.
- 1010th mushroom.Look for white boards located in southwest of the map/area. The mushroom is in a small drop.
Tomb Raider Shipwreck Beach Challenge
Look for the 5 Cairn in the beach to complete this challenge.
- 11st Cairn.As soon as you get to the beach, look for the cairn in the pathway and wait for Lara to speak.
- 22nd Cairn.Head north from the tomb located in the northern part of the map, until you reach a small hill. Keep walking past the ledge and there you will find the 2nd cairn.
- 33rd Cairn.Go to the southern part of the beach and look for a climbable wall/structure, then climb it and look for a tree where you can find the 3rd cairn.
- 44th Cairn.From the southern tomb, go east. Look for a wooden fence and continue towards it to reach the 4th cairn.
- 55th Cairn.Go to the northern part of the beach, where you will find red barrels that you can pull. Pull the nearest barrel and climb onto it to reach the final cairn.
In this challenge you will need to find 10 large balls with spikes. It is best that you need to use your machine gun rather than using Fire Arrows to destroy them.
- 11st Mine.Head east from where your friends are standing, to find the first mine.
- 22nd Mine.Go to the southeast part of the beach. The mine is located by the stone steps.
- 33rd Mine.Look for the boat (with 2 white bits) near the shoreline. The mine is in the water.
- 44th Mine.Reach the far end of the ship, then turn the camera east to find another submerged mine.
- 55th Mine.Look for some brown platforms in the southern part of the beach. Stand on the highest part of the pillar and keep turning the camera until you find the mine.
- 66th Mine.Still in the southern part of the beach go southwest from the tomb and look for the brick pillars of a broken bridge. Below the bridge, move forward from the open sand and you will find the mine.
- 77th Mine.Head west from the southern tomb. The mine is floating in some large waves of water near the wreck.
- 88th Mine.Go southeast of the map and you will find ropes emerging from the sand. Walk forward and turn right to find the mine behind a rock.
- 99th Mine.Go south of the beach again and follow the water line going west. Once you reach a thin rock, look west and to see waves splashing on a rock, and the mine bobbing in the water.
- 1010th Mine.The final mine can be found on the far eastern part of the beach. Look for the split ship, and look through the hole to see the mine.
Tomb Raider Cliffside Bunker Challenge
You will need to burn four flags to complete the challenge in the Cliffside Bunker.
- 11st Flag.This can be found when you enter the map/battery. This flag is located behind the broken barrel.
- 22nd Flag.Climb to the roof of the building and look for the orange supply box where the flag is located.
- 33rd Flag.After the ambush in the large room, look for a blue barrel with little steps past it. The flag is on a wall nearby.
- 44th Flag.Once you reach the Endurance camp site, the flag is way above the crane tower. Look for a slight glow.
Tomb Raider Research Station Challenge
For this challenge you need to destroy the 5 Sun Totems in the research facility. These are small Totems that you may not be able to notice, so it's recommended that you use instinct.
- 11st Sun Totem.From the entrance of the research facility, find the bulb. Look behind it to find the first totem.
- 22nd Sun Totem.Once you reach the first camp, turn the camera and look for an open door. The Sun Totem is hanging from the ceiling.
- 33rd Sun Totem.The third Sun Totem is found in the same place as the second Totem, by the large window.
- 44th Sun Totem.Go to the first floor using the elevator. Here you'll encounter a door that you need to pry open to get to the Sun Totem.
- 55th Sun Totem.Past the elevator, look for a fence with electrical sparks to find the Sun Totem hanging from a pillar.Advertisement
- If you are having a hard time seeing any of the targets for the challenges, activate instinct to see the items glow gold.
Questions and Answers
Hi, there, I can't find one of the ten totems..... I think it might be the second one...help?
Do you have the GPS location of them all?
If I were to detail the location of each totem it would be quite difficult just reading. http://www.gamesradar.com/tomb-raider-challenges-guide/?page=2 Here is a site with videos showing the locations of each totem in the game. I hope this is able to help you finding your last totem.
List of Trophies and how to gain them
Are you still playing the game until today and still trying to accomplish the Platinum trophy? Here are the list of trophies and how you can achieve them the quickest. Every trophy has it's own method on how you can gain and it may appear as time consuming but worth achieving the trophies. Once you completed them, you can sit and relax and wait for another Tomb Raider: Lara Croft franchise fro Squareenix
True Survivor: Unlock every Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition trophy
Bookworm: You need to Find 25% of all documents.
Historian: You need to Find 75% of all documents.
Relic Hunter: You need to Collect 25% of all relics.
Archaeologist: You need to Collect 75% of all relics.
Looking for Trouble: You need to Find 25% of GPS caches.
Bag Full O' Cache: You need to Find 75% of GPS caches.
No Stone Left Unturned: You need to Find all documents, relics and GPS caches.
Scrounger: You need to Collect 5000 pieces of salvage.
Picky: You need to Loot 200 enemies.
Clever Girl: You need to Purchase all skills in one category.
Lethal: You need to Purchase all skills in all categories.
Now We're Getting Serious: You need to Fully mod and completely upgrade any weapon.
The Professional: You need to Fully mod and completely upgrade all weapons.
Big Game Hunter: You need to Kill and loot 10 large animals (deer, boar, wolves).
Tastes Like Chicken!: You need to Kill and loot 10 small animals (rabbits, chickens, rats).
Feather Duster: You need to Kill and loot 10 flying animals (crows and gulls).
Sharp Shooter: You need to Perform 50 headshot kills in the single player campaign.
Predator: You need to Kill 50 enemies with the bow.
Equalizer: You need to Kill 75 enemies with the rifle.
Widowmaker: You need to Kill 40 enemies with the shotgun.
Gunslinger: You need to Kill 35 enemies with the pistol.
Epic Fumble: You need to Force an enemy to drop dynamite that kills two people when exploding.
Get Over Here!: You need to Rope pull 5 enemies off edges.
Opportunist: You need to Kill 25 unaware enemies.
Down and Dirty: You need to Perform 15 finishers.
Deadeye: You need to Shoot 10 enemies off zip lines.
Former Adventurer: You need to Incapacitate 25 enemies with dodge counter.
One Smart Cookie: You need to Complete one optional tomb.
Intellectually Superior: You need to Complete all optional tombs.
Unfinished Business: You need to Complete one challenge.
Inconceivable!: You need to Complete all challenges.
A Survivor Is Born: You need to Complete the game.
Adventurer: You need to Complete a match in all multiplayer modes.
Artilleryman: You need to Kill 20 enemy players in multiplayer using a turret.
Down Boy!: You need to Kill a zip-lining enemy player in multiplayer.
Entrapment: You need to Catch a player in a snare trap in multiplayer.
Escapist: You need to Survive 10 explosions in multiplayer.
Good Samaritan: You need to Revive a teammate in a multiplayer match.
I'm all that!: You need to Win a ranked match in every multiplayer mode.
Sole Survivor: You need to In multiplayer, be the only player on your team that isn't dead or downed.
Lights Out: You need to Kill 10 multiplayer enemies using your melee attack.
Master Blaster: You need to Kill 2 multiplayer enemies with a single explosive.
Monkey Around: You need to In multiplayer, escape death 3 times by using the rope ascender.
Narcissistic: You need to Purchase a new multiplayer character.
On My Way Up: You need to Reach level 10 in multiplayer.
Shopaholic: You need to Buy every upgrade and character in multiplayer.
True Commitment: You need to Reach level 60 in multiplayer.
Boom Goes the Dynamite: You need to Shoot a bundle of dynamite out of the air.
Crab Cakes: You need to Kill FeeFee the crab.
Chatterbox: You need to Complete all conversations with the Endurance crew.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Gaming
Recent edits by: Alma, Eng, Melsan