Recover Android Device in case of Forgot password/pattern unlock an Android device
Edited by Anonymous
What to do when you've forgotten your unlock pattern or password on your Android device'
If you forgot the password or pattern that locks your Android device, or a child or relative was playing with it and entered the wrong password or pattern enough times that it's now locked, this guide will help you. Whatever the reason, in this wiki we will cover exactly what to do to unlock your Android phone.
First, don't panic. There are several ways to unlock your device without resetting it and losing all of your data. Just below this section, we have provided a list of solutions. Each one links to a series of detailed steps you can follow to solve your particular problem. We'll start with the solutions that are easiest to apply, and won't cause any loss of data. If those don't work for you, we've also provided some more in depth and complicated solutions, but make sure to try the easiest solutions first. We encourage you to read through this guide before applying a solution that involves any loss of data. Many times you will be able to recover data, or access a device you that thought was otherwise locked. You can unlock it with your Google account, restore data from your lock screen or reset your device to factory settings.
Also, keep in mind that if you do end up needing to perform a Factory Reset on your device, the data on your SD card should not be changed, and you should take it out before trying any of the more complex solutions listed here (just in case a future Android update changes this).
- Note that if you are trying to Factory Reset a Digital 2 tablet, you'll need to follow a different set of instructions, explained in our guide on how to factory reset a Digital2 D2 tablet.
- 1 How to Unlock Your Android Device
- 2 What to Do If There Were Too Many Pattern Attempts at Login
- 3 How to Unlock Your Android Device in Case of a Forgotten Password or Unlock Pattern
- 4 How to Unlock Your Device If It Does Not Accept the Correct Google ID and Password
- 5 How to Unlock Your Device If You Don't Remember Your Google Password Recovery Account Credentials
- 6 How to Unlock Android Device Without a Registered Gmail or Email Account
- 7 How to Factory Reset an Android Device
- 8 Questions and Answers on Android Password Problems
- 8.1 The system cannot find the path specified on CD Android-sdk\platform-tools\?
- 8.2 In the Google Account Recovery page, I forgot the cellphone number that I used during registration. I cannot remember it no matter how hard I try, what will I do?
- 8.3 Pressing and holding the Power, volume down and camera buttons simultaneously does not work for me, what are the other key combinations?
- 8.4 How to get the pattern lock back on phone?
- 8.5 I have downloaded the McAfee software in my mobile and then I opened the lock of that software but my mobile has been locked and I do not know about pin, help?
- 8.6 I entered password in security but password says does not match?
- 8.7 This is my brother's phone. When he created password, he did not enter any email account his phone. Unfortunately, his phone was wet by water and screen did not work. Today, I tried to repair it and the screen work a little bit better. So I tried to enter password he told. But no passwords are correct. Now phone is asking me to sing in Gmail account.
- 8.8 Too many pattern attempts! good day sir! I have a problem with my SKK mobile Android phoenix tab 2 . I can't sign in to my Google account because I don't have WiFi or data connection and mu USB debug is off. how can I unlock my Tablet? please help me. thanks a lot
- 8.9 Good morning sir I have the problem with too many pattern attempts on my phone and it asks the email and password but actually I do not know that one so please help me to solve this problem
- 8.10 I have a Android phone and I forgot my pin number and I had the option to don't display forgotten password icon after too many attempt is enter. How can I reset my phone without taking it to the store? I have to take it to the show I will
- 8.11 How to unlock Android Tablet after too many pattern attempts without Gmail?
- 8.12 The tab which I'm having is of mapmyindia and it has Android 2.1 so can you please tell how to unlock it.
- 8.13 I can't open the phone which is blocked and it is a China set? How to open it without net it is to tough can you please help me?
- 8.14 How to open it without internet, it is to hard? can you please help me
- 8.15 My Tablet PC is locked due to wrong attempts of patterns?
- 8.16 How can unlock my screen. if you have any other answer then tell me?
- 8.17 I cannot unlock my Android device after some children try to open this device, and I can't login using Google account, I can open my Google account in PC.
- 8.18 How to reset my vigo Tablet? please help?
- 8.19 HOW TO RECOVER MY TAB AS IT IS LOCKED WiFi AND USB DEBUG IS OFF?
- 8.20 How to unlock your Tablet if you know your Gmail ID but there is no internet access?
- 8.21 After restore factory settings to my Tablet Android it says can not open to camera what should I do?
- 8.22 What to do when I've deactivated my email account and can't restore it to sign in in my device?
- 8.23 I cannot use virtual router in my Laptop?
- 8.24 Using the Web Market, install this application to your registered device. Its telling me the device is not compatible?
- 8.25 Is there an easy way to get back to the page where the apps were originally?
- 8.26 My CMS lock screen doesn't seem to be working?
- 8.27 WiFi internet and USB Debugging are not enable. So how can I regain internet access or connect the tab to the PC?
- 8.28 My Play store account is lost, what can I d=
- 8.29 It does not accept my email address when I click forgot password
- 8.30 My Android device does not have forgot pattern or password
- 8.31 My Android device does not have volume buttons. How can I reset the device? I have a Digital Tablet or D2
- 8.32 After I press and hold the Volume down and power, it does not show any options
- 8.33 When I release the buttons to reset my Android unit, it just goes back to pattern screen. Why?
- 8.34 I have entered the email address that I know it is not being accepted and keeps saying invalid. But I am certain that it is the correct login
- 8.35 I cannot find the camera button to reset the device
- 8.36 I think my wife is cheating on me and I want to bypass her lock screen to check her messages, emails and other stuff
- 8.37 My Android Tablet does not have internet access, what can I do next to unlock the device home screen
- 8.38 How to put Gmail account to an Android 4.1 in an itel Android phone
- 8.39 After pressing and hold the power and volume down, it did not unlock the phone
- 8.40 I'm at my home with WiFi, but the WiFi is not on so it won't connect
- 8.41 When I try to turn off my phone for the first step to reset, it does not turn off
- 8.42 It still appear on the screen that require me to sign in my Google account that I tried many times but it doesn't work
- 8.43 I have my phone locked out for more than a month now and it is not connected to the internet. How can I open the phone without resetting?
- 8.44 The phone of my brother keeps asking for an email address but he doesn't know what it was. Any solution?
- 8.45 Which SDK do I need to download?
- 8.46 I forgot the password of my Gmail and cannot unlock the phone. What can I do?
- 8.47 What can I do if I did not put an email to my Android phone and how can I connect it to the internet?
- 8.48 There is no forgot pattern option on my Android phone, how can I make it appear?
- 8.49 I do not know my AT&T username and password, what should I do first?
- 8.50 I pressed the suggested buttons but did not get the recovery menu. What to do next?
- 8.51 I forgot my old Gmail password. What can I do to reset?
- 8.52 Someone played on my phone and when I tried to unlock it, it keeps on asking for email address that I do not know
- 8.53 What if I forgot my email and password. How can I unlock my phone?
- 8.54 I have an Android 4.4 and it has no forgot password button
- 8.55 I forgot the password to unlock the phone, what do I need to do?
- 8.56 There is no forgot password on my device, what can I do to unlock it?
- 8.57 It won't help me get on because I disabled my digital 2 Tablet and I can't do anything on it until I put the Google account but I forgot it. What can I do to unlock my Tablet again?
- 8.58 there is no reset button on my Digital 2 Tablet
- 8.59 Unlocking my Samsung Grand Neo?
- 8.60 On my phone, I tap forgot pattern but I forgot my username and password
- 8.61 solution if internet connection is not available.
- 8.62 my WiFi is off in my Android device and I can not access it through Gmail ID, after too many wrong patterns attempts
- 8.63 I tried but it does not work its just some pictures green robot
- 8.64 Install what exactly?
- 8.65 I tried to but it showed me too many attempt has been entered
- 8.66 I got my daughter a Tablet PC Android 4.1.3 7" for Christmas she did not put a Google account on it but did put a password, it has been locked since because she can not remember it. I have tried the power and volume buttons it does not work I have no idea how to reset the password since there is no Gmail account connected to it?
- 8.67 How can I unlock my phone so I can access it again?
- 8.68 How to unlock the Tablet cause it is stuck on password and email and I try to get it OFF and it did not work so what do I do?
- 9 Comments
How to Unlock Your Android Device
The following seven solutions will help you to unlock your Android device.
Find your problem below, and click the link for that step to jump to the guide focused on solving that specific problem. Note that some users have successfully unlocked their device using a paid app, discussed in our guide for how to unlock your device with a paid unlock app.
- 1How to unlock your device if you remember your password, but are locked out from too many pattern attempts.This is the most common, and easiest method to fix, if you remember your pattern. Simply wait until the timer counts down, and you can try again, or read on for more solutions. CLICK HERE FOR STEPS on what to do if you've had too many pattern attempts at loginAdvertisement
- 2How to unlock your device if you have forgotten the unlock password or unlock pattern.This is for users who have forgotten their unlock password or pattern, but still have access to their Google Password Recovery Account. CLICK HERE FOR STEPS to unlock your Android device in case of a forgotten password or unlock patternAdvertisement
- 3How to unlock your Android device if you remember your password or unlock pattern, but your device does not accept the correct Google ID and password.This is for users who are inputting the correct Google ID and Password, but have found that their device is still locked. CLICK HERE FOR STEPS to unlock your device if it does not accept the correct Google ID and password
- 4How to unlock your device if you don't remember your Google Password Recovery Account credentials.This is for users who don't remember their Google Password Recovery Account details, and need an alternate method of accessing their device. If you're still locked out from pattern attempts, we've included a paid App that worked for us. We also provided some additional troubleshooting steps in the event the App doesn't work on newer devices. CLICK HERE FOR STEPS to unlock your device if you don't remember your Google password recovery account credentials
- 5How to unlock your Android device without a registered Gmail or email account.This step is for users who do not have registered Gmail or associated email accounts for their devices. Note that all of your data will be erased, as this step involves a Factory Reset. However, depending on your settings, you might be able to recover some of your music or media files, depending on your device settings. CLICK HERE FOR STEPS to unlock your android device without a registered Gmail or email account
- 6How to reset your Android device and unlock data or tablet using PC via the ADB (Android Debug Bridge).This only works if you have previously installed ADB. If you have installed it, keep in mind that these steps are complicated. They involve a level of device access that novice users should be careful attempting, and it can result in complete data loss. If you have not already installed ADB, then this will not work on your device. CLICK HERE FOR STEPS to reset your pattern and unlock data using debugging
- 7How to perform a Factory Reset on your Android device.This is a last resort, and should not be attempted as anything other than that. It will result in the loss of all data on your device, though anything on your SD card will not be lost. Simply remove the SD card before taking this last step. CLICK HERE FOR STEPS to factory reset an Android device
What to Do If There Were Too Many Pattern Attempts at Login
You can just wait until the timer counts down, and try your pattern again. If the wrong pattern has been entered too many times, your Android phone will lock. You'll see an on screen message indicating that you have entered the wrong lock code too many times. When this happens, there are two things you can do.
- 1You can simply wait for the timer, and try the unlock pattern again.A timer should show on your device indicating the amount of time until you can attempt to enter a new pattern unlock code. This is particularly helpful if a child or friend has attempted to unlock your device too many times.Advertisement
- 2To immediately access your device when it has been locked due to the wrong pattern being entered too many times, you can access it with your Google Account.Providing your device is connected to internet via WiFi or mobile data
- Enter the Google account and password associated with your phone or device.
- Once you enter the correct account details, the lock code will reset, then you will be able to access your phone or device.
How to Unlock Your Android Device in Case of a Forgotten Password or Unlock Pattern
One of the fastest and easiest ways to unlock your Android device.
If you forgot your password or unlock pattern, but still have access to your Google Recovery Account, then you can just click on "forgot password?" which will take you to a screen where you will be required to enter your Google Account username and password. You'll need to input the same registered username and password you use at the Google Play store. A screenshot is below, and you can use this link to the Google Accounts Recovery page.
How to Unlock Your Device If It Does Not Accept the Correct Google ID and Password
If you are entering the correct password or unlock pattern, but your Android device isn't recognizing it, this will help. Google has many methods in place to reset lost or forgotten passwords and patterns. The steps below will help you to access your Android device again if you're having trouble, but still have access to your recovery accounts.
- 1Go to AuthSubTokens and enter your login details to see if your Android phone is listed.If your device is listed, it may be shown as an "Android Phone".
- 2Revoke access for the device.
- 3Generate a new password.
- At the bottom of the page, you will see an option to "Generate New Application-Specific Password".
- Enter any name and click on "Generate Password".
- A 16-digit password will be generated.
- Enter this new password in your Android device, along with the correct Google ID.
- 4If the "Generate password" option is disabled, you'll need to enable 2-Step Verification.
- Follow the 2-Step Verification link to Google, and set up 2-Step Verification.
- Depending on your device, you'll receive options from Google to generate a new password and access your Android device using the 2-Step Verification process.
How to Unlock Your Device If You Don't Remember Your Google Password Recovery Account Credentials
What to do if you no longer have your Google Account username and password. If you have lost, forgotten, or even changed your Google Account credentials, and can't get the above steps to work, you can follow these steps to reset your Google Account password. Then you can use the new password to gain access to your device. Alternatively, we've included a paid App in Step 3 that may let you unlock your device. While it's not 100% guaranteed to work, it worked for us, though we did have to use our battery reset workaround, described in Step 4.
- 1How to access your locked Android device if you still have access to the mobile number you set it up with.
- Go to the Accounts Recovery Page.
- Select one of the available options.
- Note that if you choose "I don't know my password", Google will require your Google email address.
- Enter the same email address you used when you registered your phone.
- If you can't remember it, you can reset your password from a device you signed in with recently, even if it is not the device that is locked.
- Note that Google actually recommends using another device that is not locked.
- In this case, even if you are resetting from another or unknown device, click "Yes continue".
- If you can remember any recent password you can enter it.
- If not, click "I don't remember".
- You will then be asked to enter your mobile number.
- Google will then send a verification code to your number.
- Enter the verification code in the field and click "continue".
- Now enter a new password and click "Reset password".
- Use the new password on your device.
- 2How to verify your identity if you don't remember the mobile number you used when registering your Android device.
- If you do not remember the mobile number you entered into your Google Account for security purposes, click 'verify your identity'.
- Google will then ask several questions related to past passwords, contacts, recent emails, or other information.
- Keep answering these questions with as much information as you remember until you recover your Google ID and can log back into your device.
- 3If you still can't access your device, and you weren't able to recover it using the above steps, you can try a paid App.While it's not 100% guaranteed to work, it's a last resort solution that most of the people who have downloaded and used the App have found helpful. Follow this link to learn how to unlock your device with a paid unlock app.
How to Unlock Android Device Without a Registered Gmail or Email Account
If you've inherited or purchased a previously owned Android device, or never set up a Google account, here's how to get it working.
Maybe you purchased an Android device that was previously owned, traded with a friend, or you were given one by a family member or friend who upgraded. Perhaps you just never got around to setting your own account up, and the other steps in this guide haven't worked for you.
Whatever the reason, if you've already tried the other steps listed here and they haven't worked for you, you're unfortunately going to have to perform a Factory Reset. Nothing else is going to put your phone back into a usable state.
Note that this will erase all your data. But you may still be able to save some of your music or media from the phone, depending on your settings. Also, make sure to remove the SD card as an added precaution. It should not be modified when performing a Factory Reset, but that could change in a future release of Android, so it's better to be safe than sorry. Here's the short version of how to do this:
- 1To recover media from your device, take these steps:
- Connect your device to a computer USB port.
- Use the computer to navigate to your device.
- It should show up under "My Computer".
- Your pictures are under the "DCIM" folder.
- Click and drag this folder to your desktop, or to any other folder where you want to store this backup of your pictures.
- Also backup the "Music" folder in the same manner, by dragging it where you want to save the backup to.
- Repeat this process for any other folders you want to backup, like "Pictures" and "Downloads" - they will be deleted once the device is reset.
- 2To remove your SD card, take these steps:
- If you have installed a storage card, much of your music and photo data may be stored on it. You will not lose this data by factory resetting your Android Device, but just to be sure, remove the SD card.
- Open up the back cover.
- Remove the battery.
- Take out the storage card.
- Put the battery back in, and the cover.This is to be sure you don't accidentally knock the battery out while trying to reset your device.
- 3To perform a Factory Reset, take the following steps:
- Turn off your Android device.
- Press and hold the "power", "volume down", and "camera" buttons simultaneously. If your mobile device does not have a camera function, just press and hold the "power" and "volume down" buttons.
- Release the buttons once your Android device is powered on.
- Scroll using your "Volume up and down" button until you find the "Factory Data Reset" option.
- Tap the "Factory Data Reset" option.
- Tap "Reset phone".
- This will erase all of your data, but it will allow you to unlock your Android mobile device.
- A confirmation message to clear data will appear.
- Select "Erase everything", which will permanently delete all of the data.
- You should now be able to use your Android device without previously having had a Google Account or email address registered.
- Make sure you review this guide to see the standard recovery options, and set up an alternate method to recover your phone in the future, so you don't have to perform another "Factory Data Reset."
- Don't forget to put your SD card back, and copy your files back to your device, from the location you saved them to on your computer.
How to Factory Reset an Android Device
This is the last resort, when everything else has failed. You will lose your data.
If your Android device is unable to connect to the Internet while locked, then unfortunately you have lost access to the device. This means that you'll need to perform a full Factory Reset, which will unfortunately result in the loss of all data on your device. However, any data saved to your SD card will not be lost. Simply remove the SD card as a precaution, before performing a Factory Reset.
We've provided simple instructions earlier in this guide for doing this in the section titled How to Unlock Android Device Without a Registered Gmail or Email Account, however, there is much more to it than that, and you might want to view the following section as well.
This is because of the complexity of a Factory Data Reset, which we've discussed in detail in another guide. That guide can be found on VisiHow at How to perform a full factory reset on an Android device. We encourage you to try other solutions presented here if you have not already tried them. Otherwise, we're sorry that you have to take this step, and we understand how frustrating it can be.
Please take note of the preferred recovery options discussed in this guide, so that you're able to avoid taking this step in the future. If you need additional help, please ask us, and a contributor will answer your question.
Questions and Answers on Android Password Problems
The system cannot find the path specified on CD Android-sdk\platform-tools\?
You should not follow the the same command. You need to enter the command based on where did you save the Android SDK folder, platform-tools specifically. Take the screenshot below as an example:
- You will notice that the platform-tools folder is located at: E:\New folder\Advanced Android\sdk\platform-tools
- So in command prompt, you will type these commands:
- Type in to change to the directory where the target folder is.
- Type on .
- This is only a guide. Modify the commands based on your folder's exact address. You will then see that there is not an error message on the CDM prompt.
That path will vary depending on where Android SDK is installed on your computer. Please go to your system drive, then open "Program Files" folder and then try to look for an "Android" folder because by default Android SDK is installed there. If you have successfully located Android folder, open it and then open sdk > platform-tools. Now that you are in the platform-tools folder, copy the address on the address bar, then you can now open CMD and then type-in "CD paste the address you have copied here", without the quotes, then hit enter.
In the Google Account Recovery page, I forgot the cellphone number that I used during registration. I cannot remember it no matter how hard I try, what will I do?
You still have two more options to get to your account back. You can use the email address that you used as the recovery mail. Put a tick mark on it and Click on Continue. Google will send you a verification code through that recovery mail. If you also cannot access the recovery email, the last option you will have is to verify your identity by answering some questions about your Google account. Click on it to start verifying your account.
You should note that pressing the Power+Volume+Camera buttons is only a generic instruction. Different Android phones have different ways of performing a Hard Reset on them. You need to try which one works for you. One thing in common with most phones is that the Power button is part of the buttons to be pressed and mostly, it is a combination of three keys. You may try any of the usual combinations below, if none worked, leave us a message at the comment section. You can also click on the "No" button on the "Was this helpful option?" and enter the device that you are using.
- Press and hold Power button + Home button + Volume Down button
- Press and hold Power button + Home button + Volume Up button
- Press and hold Power button + Volume Up button + Volume Down button
- Press and hold Power button + Volume Up button
- Press and hold Power button + Volume Down button
- Press and hold Power button + Home button
Sometimes the phone key combinations might actually vary depending on the type and kind of a phone. However you can try using the home button instead of camera button. Now, also make sure that the phone is turned off before doing the key combinations. The camera button is not a button that you will need to press in order for you to reset your device, you will need to press and hold the power button plus the volume key in order to get to the menu. Also you will need to perform this process with the device powered down in order to do it correctly.
How to get the pattern lock back on phone?
The procedure on how to restore the "Pattern Lock" back differs from phone to another, and from Android version to another. To get a more in depth look on how to restore it, please refer to our VisiHow Get the Pattern Lock Back on the Mobile. If you have removed your pattern lock and will like to apply it back to your device then you can follow the steps below: 1. Go to settings 2. Select Screen lock from the menu 3. Select which type of password you will like to place on your device which will be "pattern" 4. From here create the pattern on the screen for your device
I have downloaded the McAfee software in my mobile and then I opened the lock of that software but my mobile has been locked and I do not know about pin, help?
This is an issue with the McAfee Android software on your phone. These are what you can do:
- If you do not have a "You used the wrong PIN too many times and your account is locked. " message, then do these:
- Go to the mobile site of McAfee Mobile Security.
- Click on the "Forgot your PIN" button.
- Instructions will be shown on how to get your PIN back, follow them to successfully get back your PIN.
- Enter the PIN to your phone to unlock your device.
- If you do not have a "You used the wrong PIN too many times and your account is locked. " message, then do these:
- Go to the mobile site of McAfee Mobile Security.
- Click on the "Forgot your PIN" button.
- Instructions will be shown on how to get your PIN back, follow them to successfully get back your PIN.
- Log in to mobile site of McAfee Mobile Security's site using the PIN that you have just recovered.
- Click on "Lock" tab. Once loaded, click on "Unlock" and a command will be sent through your phone to unlock it.
- Note: It may take longer if you do not have an internet connection in your device as additional system process is needed if unlocking is done through SMS.
I entered password in security but password says does not match?
Android zeepad 7. can not get in at all
You entered the wrong password a one too many times. You need to click on the "forgot password" link and enter your Gmail ID and Password and set a new password. Sometimes, you can wait for a while and re-enter the password and security. If it says, that the passwords that you have entered does not match at all, so the password you have actually entered is wrong. Now, think of your password and try it all over again. But if you can't recover it, then you would have to recover your password by simply tapping the forgotten password and go to Google recovery. You will need to provide your email address (Gmail) and its password but you will need to be connected to the internet via WiFi or data connection. If you can't, you will need to do a Factory Reset. This will delete all apps and data. Do the following to perform a reset:
- turn off Tablet
- press volume up and power button at the same time
- release buttons when Android device flashes
This is my brother's phone. When he created password, he did not enter any email account his phone. Unfortunately, his phone was wet by water and screen did not work. Today, I tried to repair it and the screen work a little bit better. So I tried to enter password he told. But no passwords are correct. Now phone is asking me to sing in Gmail account.
The only way that you can get back to your phone is by doing a Hard Reset on it. You should know that performing a Hard Reset on your device will delete all of its content. You can press and hold the Power button and other buttons depending on your phone. You can follow the instructions on Question#3 for possible combinations and other details.
Too many pattern attempts! good day sir! I have a problem with my SKK mobile Android phoenix tab 2 . I can't sign in to my Google account because I don't have WiFi or data connection and mu USB debug is off. how can I unlock my Tablet? please help me. thanks a lot
Good day sir! I have a problem with my SKK mobile Android phoenix tab 2 . I can't sign in to my Google account because I don't have WiFi or data connection and mu USB debug is off. how can I unlock my Tablet? please help me. thanks a lot
A Hard Reset will be the only way to gain access to your device but understand that you will lose all of your data on your device that was stored. Based on your model you can perform the following steps in order to reset your device:
- Power off your device fully
- Press and hold the power button as well as the volume up key
- On this screen use the volume keys to highlight the factory data reset option
- Press the power button in order to make the selection
Good morning sir I have the problem with too many pattern attempts on my phone and it asks the email and password but actually I do not know that one so please help me to solve this problem
You can perform a Hard Reset on your Android phone by follow these:
- Turn off your phone.
- Press and hold the Power button + Volume Up and wait for your device to turn on. Once it turns on, release the buttons.
- You will be taken to the recovery mode. Highlight "Wipe/Factory data reset" using the Volume button. Confirm action be pressing on the Power button.
- Wait for the device to reset. Once done, highlight "Reboot" using the volume keys and confirm the action by pressing on the Power button.
- Your phone will restart and has been restored to factory settings. All locks that were set to it have been reset too.
I have a Android phone and I forgot my pin number and I had the option to don't display forgotten password icon after too many attempt is enter. How can I reset my phone without taking it to the store? I have to take it to the show I will
How to reset my Android phone? forgot pin numbers
Perform the following steps on your device so that you can gain access successfully to your device through a Hard Reset: 1. Turn device off 2. Press and hold the volume up button 3. Press and hold the power button 4. Use the volume button to select the Factory Reset button 5. Press the power button in order to select the option
How to unlock Android Tablet after too many pattern attempts without Gmail?
Different procedures of unlocking your Android Tablet is discussed in this article. Read through them again and see what applies best to your Tablet. If none of the procedures work, then perform a Hard Reset on your iRola Tablet. A Hard Reset will restore your Tablet to its factory settings and deletes all data on your phone. You can do a Hard Reset by pressing and holding button combinations. Check on Question#3 for possible key combinations.
The tab which I'm having is of mapmyindia and it has Android 2.1 so can you please tell how to unlock it.
There is no documented Hard Reset procedures for your phone yet so you may try to perform a Hard Reset using the Power button and other buttons combination. Question#3 has the possible list of combinations, you may check on it.
I can't open the phone which is blocked and it is a China set? How to open it without net it is to tough can you please help me?
I forgot my password pattern.and then I would open it via recovery, but I broke up volume key .. can you help me with the other step ..
If you have forgotten your pattern lock and your WiFi/3g data connection is turned off, you won't be able to use the "Forgot Password" option. You also won't be able to open Android system recovery if you have damaged volume keys because almost all of the key combinations to access Android system recovery use Volume key. So, with the current situation, I'm sorry to say that your phone might require service. The best thing you could do for now is to contact your phone dealer. I see that you have stated that you broke the volume key but not sure if you broke the volume up key/down key or both keys. If you have broken these keys then there will be no way for you to Hard Reset the device unless you find a way to use a household item to reach underneath the keys for use.
How to open it without internet, it is to hard? can you please help me
The problem with China phones is that, mostly, they do not have documented processes. You can try performing a Hard Reset on your device to get back to it. This process will delete all the data on your phone and will restore it to factory settings. Question#3 shows possible reset combinations and other important detail, go over it.
My Tablet PC is locked due to wrong attempts of patterns?
Now tell me full detail, how to unlock this..?
If you cannot create a new password via Gmail, you will have to reset your Tablet. After 5 wrong attempts, you will see a "forgot password" link. Click on it, enter your Gmail ID and Password and create a new password. If this doesn't work, reset your phone by pressing the power and volume up button together for a while. On doing this, all data from your Tablet will be wiped off but you will be able to access your Tablet and make a new password.
How can unlock my screen. if you have any other answer then tell me?
After 30 times its lock and I don't remember my security password and my internet is off so how can I unlock it
The only way that you can use the internet in order to enter your Gmail ID and information is if you had previously signed into a WiFi point because by you going back to the location you will connect back to the WiFi instantly without having to log in. If you do not have a location like that then you will need to perform a Hard Reset so that you can gain access to your device once again in the future. Without having access to the internet in order for you to enter your Gmail information you will need to perform the Hard Reset option in order to get into your device. 1. Turn device off 2. Press and hold the volume up button/power button 3. Release these buttons 4. From here press the volume buttons in order to highlight the Factory Reset option 5. Press the power button in order select the option
I cannot unlock my Android device after some children try to open this device, and I can't login using Google account, I can open my Google account in PC.
We have different ways of unlocking in this article. Go over each and check what works with you. If none of the methods work with you, check on Question#3 as a Hard Reset is the only option left. Take note that performing the procedure will also delete all the data on your Android device.
How to reset my vigo Tablet? please help?
I entered my Google username and password to log in but I can not cause there is no internet connection in the Vigo Tablet.
In order for you to be able to get into your Tablet by using the Gmail account that you had set up you will need to have internet connection. The Tablet will need internet connection in order to access this option so understand that without internet connection you will not be able to perform this option.
HOW TO RECOVER MY TAB AS IT IS LOCKED WiFi AND USB DEBUG IS OFF?
I FORGOT MY PATTERN LOCK BEFORE LOCKING THIS DEVICE WiFi ,ETHERNET AND USB DEBUG IS NOT ENABLE SO HOW TO RECOVER THIS TABLET
The simplest way that you can recover your Tablet is to gain internet access or WiFi internet access. Having internet access on your Tablet is vital for recovery just in case that you for got the pattern or the password lock that you set before. Connecting your Tablet to the computer via USB will not be of help at all. Connecting the Tablet via USB will not let your device gain internet access. Unfortunately to this kind of situation, your option is to reset the device back to it's factory settings. Again, without internet access nor USB debugging enabled will not be of help for you to recover the pattern and password that you forgot. However, reset to factory will be your option ONLY at this point to this kind of situation Before you will reset the Tablet back to factory settings. Please bare in mind that all of your data will be deleted and cannot be recovered, except that you have made a back up to a computer or by simply downloading them back and start from scratch. Here is how you reset an Android device: 1. Turn the device off completely 2. Press and hold the Volume up button first or the + sign. 3. While holding the Volume up. Press and hold power and wait till you see an Android logo on screen that will appear or at least 30 seconds then let go of those buttons. 4. Use the volume buttons to navigate and look for reset to factory or wipe, use power to select. At some cases, to navigate is by using volume down and volume up to select. 5. Once you are done resetting the device. Select previous option or menu and select reboot or restart device to reboot. Once it has been rebooted, data will be wiped out and start downloading your apps or recover them if you have it backed up.
How to unlock your Tablet if you know your Gmail ID but there is no internet access?
I have wrote many times the correct Gmail ID and passwords but due to the internet problem I was unable to unlock
Without having Internet connection it will be very difficult for you to gain access back to your device by using the Gmail option. One way will be for you to go to an already linked WiFi location so that the device will automatically connect so that you can use the Gmail option. Another way will be for you to do a Factory Reset so that you can regain access but you will lose all of your data on your device. If you're only problem is the internet connection you have a two choices. Those are you can try to look for some places that allows you to freely connect to their wireless network or purchase a credit from your network provider and enable Data Network to be able to have an internet connection and unlock your phone. Without having the internet in order to unlock through your Gmail account information you are going to need to perform a Factory Reset to your device. You can follow the button combination in this article in order to help for your device to fully Hard Reset itself.
After restore factory settings to my Tablet Android it says can not open to camera what should I do?
After restore factory settings to my Tablet Android it says can not open to camera what should I do?
This error has occurred due to the restoring process on your computer, ensure that you are completely wiping out all the data on the device rather than certain soft wares. Factory reset your device once more but this time ensure that your battery is fully charged and that you select the option to erase all data, also take out your SD card from the device while performing the reset. Here is the step by step for installing SDK on the Android - 1. Firstly, you need to have a higher version of all operating systems such as Windows XP or higher versions, Mac OS x86 etc. 2. The next thing that you need to do is to install an environment. In order to download and install SDK on your PC, it is necessary for you to have an environment. You can load the environment from one of the following links -http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/ https://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html#ExistingIDE It is ideal to download the ADT bundle for Windows. 3. After that you need to download the SDK zip archive which you can download from here - http://developer.android.com/sdk/download.html?v=archives/Android-sdk-windows-1.6_r1.zip Click on "I Agree" and then click on "Download" 4. After that is done, go to "My Computer", Right click on the icon and select "Properties". After that, click "Advanced". Choose "Environment Variables" in there. 5. A new box will appear. Write in the path address over here for installation. The address will be something like my computers/folder name/sub folder name. 6. Now, click on the environment that you initially downloaded, click on "install" and upon completion click "finish". For more details, check this video out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIL1UouA4dE Please do the following to fix this problem on your camera.
- Open your Apps list.
- Locate and open Settings.
- Tap on Application, then Manage application.
- Tap on All tab to see the list of all your applications.
- Tap on Camera.
- Tap on Force stop.
- Tap on Wipe cache.
- Tap on Wipe data.
- Then press home button to go back to your home screen, then open your apps drawer, then open your camera.
- If the problem on your camera still persist, you may have to flash your stock ROM into your phone. Please use VisiHow search button and search for the keyword ""Type-in your Tablet's brand and model here" flashing".
- If all else fails, your phone might require service.
What to do when I've deactivated my email account and can't restore it to sign in in my device?
My email was deactivated now I can't log in to my Google account for my Android system
Visit www.gmail.com so that you can gain access back to your Gmail account by using your personal information so that you can regain access back to your device without having to reset all of your information. Simply re visit the email website and log in with the information you used previously to be given the opportunity to re activate your account. Along in this process you can also contact the customer service department of the mailing account so that you can get help in restoring your account if you have forgotten your information.
I cannot use virtual router in my Laptop?
When I set up virtual router it shows it can not create a network
You will need to do the following to use Virtual router:
- download a copy of virtual router
- usually it will be in a zip file
- unzip the file and run the program
- at times, the computer will block the program, click more info
- choose run away
- enter the SSID you desire,password and shared connection
- click `start virtual router plus`
Using the Web Market, install this application to your registered device. Its telling me the device is not compatible?
In the step: "Using the Web Market, install this application to your registered device." its telling me the device is not compatible
The Web market actually detects your device while you are connecting to their server using your device, thus they are also checking the compatibility issues so that to prevent further complains from users. If the application says that it is not compatible in your device then you can't install it in your device. Even though sometimes you could actually install it, there will be some errors like application error or any related to application error might come up when you are trying to run the application.
Is there an easy way to get back to the page where the apps were originally?
I have reset my Android RCA Tablet and now I can't get past the WiFi authentication page, it just keeps telling me its authenticating,please help
You must first configure your device WiFi settings. Then forget that WiFi connection, and do a reboot with your device. After opening again, try your device to connect to other available WiFi connections and if it can connect. If you own the router then if it has still problems connecting to your router then you can assume doing some test if the problems is the router itself, simply reset the router and re-configure the settings and connect it again.
My CMS lock screen doesn't seem to be working?
I have CMS antivirus on my blue life pro. I can't seem to unlock it in order to access my phone. It doesn't seem to see my finger when I try to trace the pattern. Which is weird because when Facebook notifications came up, I can swipe right to dismiss them. So it doesn't seem like my screen is the issue. Is there a way to access my phone even though my CMS lock refuses to see my finger trace? By the way, it was working fine yesterday till it locked itself because I hadn't used it in over 15 seconds.
Clean your screen with rubbing alcohol. There may be residue that is blocking the app from detecting the swipe. Go to Comodo Antitheft's website and create an account if you have not already. From within that website you can contact them to send you a code to unlock the app if you did not receive one in an email or forgot it.
WiFi internet and USB Debugging are not enable. So how can I regain internet access or connect the tab to the PC?
The easiest way to regain internet access on your device is to think of the most recent place that you went in to have internet access. Try to recall when and where did you went for the last couple of days along with your device? Try to recall if you went in to a Mall with free internet or to a restaurant or to any establishment that provides free WiFi internet. Make sure that the WiFi is still enabled on your Tablet's settings. If you are not sure that the WiFi connection is still enabled to your device then it can or can be applied for you to regain internet access to your Tablet. Even though that the USB debugging is enabled on your phone, it will not be off help as it Tablet or any Android devices cannot gain internet access by using USB cord. However, there is a catch there. To have internet access on your device, you can purchase a USB to Ethernet but it may not be compatible with your device and purchase the right product for your device as Android devices have different ports. This add on hardware is to let your device to have internet access even if you do not have WiFi internet access at home but rather have wired connection. Simply connect it to your Tablet and use an Ethernet cord to connect the add on hardware and the other end of the cable to your wired or wireless router.
My Play store account is lost, what can I d=
Your Play store login is just your Gmail account that you used to register on your phone when you first got and try to recall the Gmail account you used for your purchase in the Play store. Here are the things to what you need to do instead. 1. Go to a computer and access play.Google.com and use your login email and see if you can login that way using the email address that you recall as your user login for Play store. 2. If you cannot recall what was the user login you have and if ever the email address. You can go to forgot password or login from this link: https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery If in case that this will not be of help especially if you really cannot recall the email address you used to use for Play store. Unfortunate, create a new Gmail account for your purchases and downloads.
It does not accept my email address when I click forgot password
There are two reasons why it was not being accepted when you select on forgot password or pattern. Double check if you enter the correct email address nor being misspelled or not. Try to go to your computer and access the url of play.Google.com then try to login the email address on top of your head and see if you can login. You can also try to change the password of your email then try it back on your device and see if it will go through. In case it will be rejected still, you need to reset the unit back to factory settings and will result to deletion of data if the suggestion did not go through.
My Android device does not have forgot pattern or password
Not all Android device has the same options as the other. Features of an Android device depend from the manufacturer and some features may not be present. Such as forgot pattern nor password and any other features. One possible cause as well is that you do not have the forgot password or pattern is that your device is not connected to the internet which the Operating system would not show this option if it detects that your Android unit has no internet. If the Android device you owned does not have this feature, that means that your only option is to use USB debugging if it's being enable or Factory Reset the phone.
Not all Android devices has the same procedure on how you can reset the device back to factory settings. Some Android as well has no Volume button which you cannot perform the reset. Resetting the Tablet on these types of Android device uses a PC Suite or the LiveSuit which you have installed it on PC the one that came in the package. Here are the step by step instructions on how you can reset a Digital 2 Tablet: 1. Install the PC LiveSuit pack on your computer first 2. After the installation, simply locate the LiveSuit folder and open it. 3. Locate the LiveSuit.exe file and run it to install the Manager or it's Utility 4. Once you run the installation, on the pop up window, click on Yes then Mandatory after and hit on Next after. 5. Click on finish after the installation then look for the Firmware in the same folder where you ran the .exe file. It should be named as D2-1105_GMS.img just double check if the file is there 6. Once done, go get your USB cable then connect it to your PC or Laptop computer where you install the LiveSuit 7. On your Tablet, look for the very small button near the micro USB port. You need to press and hold it. 8. While you are holding the small button, connect the Micro USB on your Tablet and check if it's being securely plug-in 9. Go back to your computer and check if there is a pop up menu then click on Yes to go next with the update and wait for the progress bar to complete 10. Click on OK once the update has been done. Go back to your Tablet and observe the screen. 11. Do the usual stuff when you first configure the Tablet to use it again. The steps that you have performed is basically reinstalling the firmware and reverting everything back to factory settings. Upon doing so, this will delete all your files that cannot be retrieve unless you have it backed up or re-download those again and start over.
After I press and hold the Volume down and power, it does not show any options
Did you know that not all Android devices has the same way on how you can reset it back to factory settings? There are some Android devices that you need to press and hold a Volume up, power button and home button in order for you to access the recovery menu and do Factory Reset and other stuff that you want to do on your Android unit. Another way of resetting from a different manufacturer would need to use a PC suite. The PC will be required for you to reset it back to factory settings. A good example of these tablets are Nabi Tablet and a Digital 2 Tablet or D2.
There are three possible reasons why it keeps going back to pattern again when you attempt to reset your Android device back to factory setting. First reason: You did not press and hold the proper buttons. If the buttons that you press is not the combination buttons, basically the screen would just go back to the pattern that you need to unlock the phone screen again. Second reason: Your Android device may have a different pattern to reset. Some Android device does not require you to press some buttons to access its recovery menu and to perform a Factory Reset. Some manufacturers set other methods to access the recovery menu and do a reset of their Android unit. Some needs to be poke in the reset hole or even PC companion for the reset. Third reason: Possible also that you did not turn off the Android unit when you tried to access the recovery menu. Upon accessing it, you need to shut the device completely by taking the battery out or by press and hold power and tap turn off then do the buttons for you access it.
I have entered the email address that I know it is not being accepted and keeps saying invalid. But I am certain that it is the correct login
If you think that the email address that you put in is the correct email. Supposedly, it will automatically send an email to your own email address as it was being accepted. If it says it's invalid then it is not the correct email address. Try to recall the email addresses that you are using in order for you to get the correct pattern or password to unlock the Android device. If all else fail, you need to reset the device back to its default condition.
Typically, there is no camera button for Android devices except it's on screen button but some brands and their product model has. Normally for resetting the device back to factory settings does not require camera button. The reset could be done by going to the settings or by pressing combination of keys and even using a PC Suite or reset hole. If the Android device you have owned does not have a camera button, that means that you do not need to include the camera button to reset it back to default and need to have a different combination keys to do so.
I think my wife is cheating on me and I want to bypass her lock screen to check her messages, emails and other stuff
Unfortunately, there is no way that you can bypass the security lock on the phone and you really need to unlock it by entering the correct pattern or it's password. If you wanted to know her messages and emails on phone, here are the suggestions to what you can do: 1. If you have son of daughter, you can ask them to pretend to borrow their moms phone then pretend that they will text their friends for school related and any other reason that she would let them use her phone. 2. Spy personally for you to have a real time update to where she is going or to know who she is meeting with.
My Android Tablet does not have internet access, what can I do next to unlock the device home screen
If the Tablet does not have internet access, you can try to go to the last place where you used it for internet access. That is only if your Tablet's WiFi is still enabled for you to go on forgot password or pattern then unlock the Tablet. If all else fail, unfortunately you need to reset the Tablet instead and will delete all contents. Except to the SD card data as they would remain.
How to put Gmail account to an Android 4.1 in an itel Android phone
Please do remember that there are some Android phones that does not have an option for forgot password to enter your Gmail account for you to recover the pattern or the password to unlock the home screen. To see the option to enter your Gmail account, you need to try to unlock the phone home screen at least 3 or 5 times and it will show the option to unlock where you can enter your Gmail account.
After pressing and hold the power and volume down, it did not unlock the phone
Pressing and hold the power and the volume down will not unlock the phone automatically. This will only let you access the recovery menu and perform a Hard Reset that way. However, buttons may not be required for you to access the recovery menu as it may need your PC Suite or a reset hole that you need to poke.
I'm at my home with WiFi, but the WiFi is not on so it won't connect
If the WiFi you have at home is currently off, why not turn it on for the Tablet to get a connection for you to surf the internet on the Tablet and other purposes that you wanted to use. If you forgot the password or pattern it is best that you leave your WiFi to enable just in case and for you to do a forgot pattern or password. If you are trying to unlock the Tablet but cannot perform forgot password. Unfortunately, you need to perform a Hard Reset of the device instead to unlock it and start all over for the applications and any files that you have. If you have it backed up, then you can restore it later after you do a Hard Reset. Once you have managed to unlock it. It is best that you "Need" to make a copy on a piece of paper to write down the password or make a drawing of a pattern and put it in your wallet. At least that way you can easily recall the password or pattern you set.
When I try to turn off my phone for the first step to reset, it does not turn off
If you are going to turn off your phone. You need to press and hold the power button for at least 7 seconds and there will be a pop-up option where you need to select power off or turn off device. If it does not show up and option where you can tap on turn off, you can simply take the battery out of the back of you Android device if it's detachable. In case that you have a Tablet or non detachable battery, you can try to remove the back cover by unscrewing but it will void the warranty if it's still under it or simply wait till it consumes the battery power.
It still appear on the screen that require me to sign in my Google account that I tried many times but it doesn't work
Make sure that you have press the proper buttons to access the menu to reset the Android device you have. Each Android unit has its own combination of buttons for you to access the recovery and some might have a reset hole that you need to poke with a paper clip or small thin and pointed object or even a software that it came with the product before you can revert it to factory settings.
I have my phone locked out for more than a month now and it is not connected to the internet. How can I open the phone without resetting?
Unfortunately, there is no way that you can bypass the lock password or the pattern that you set for security purposes. There are only two ways that you can unlock the phone either by: Hard reset which you are deleting all data back to factory settings or select on forgot pattern where you just have to type in your email address (Gmail, Yahoo or any that you register in the phone) where the phone send an email to that email that you can view to know what it was to unlock.
The phone of my brother keeps asking for an email address but he doesn't know what it was. Any solution?
If your brother has a phone that keeps on asking for an email but he doesn't know what it was, then that means that your brother forgot the pattern or the password that he have created on his phone. The only solution to what he can do is to reset the phone, but all apps, messages, contacts, documents and any other stuff will be wipe out but not the ones that are in the external storage or the SD card.
Which SDK do I need to download?
You need to download the SDK file from here: http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html and not the www.developer.android.com/sdk/index.html. Take the triple w out and type it in directly the address in the URL box. You need to download the programs that suits your computer which runs in Windows or Mac operating system and Linux Operating system as well. There are 64 Bit and 32 Bit support for Windows based computer that same goes with Linux Operating System and Macintosh of 64 Bit only . For SDK Tools, you can select any of the same Operating system for you to use the program. Just make sure that you computer pass the minimum requirements of the tools to use and install it on your computer.
I forgot the password of my Gmail and cannot unlock the phone. What can I do?
If you forgot the password of your Gmail account. You can simply go to https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/ The link then select any of the three selection that you can find on screen. Once you have recover your email address, put it in your phone or Tablet that you are having problem with to unlock it. If ever you cannot recover the password of your email address, you can simply perform a reset to the device to unlock it.
What can I do if I did not put an email to my Android phone and how can I connect it to the internet?
If you did not put an email account to your Android phone. Basically, you cannot download any application from the Play Store as it requires an email account for you download and install the apps that you want on your phone. The email address is also required for you to recover pattern or lock in case that you forgot what it was. There are two ways that you can connect the phone to the internet, using data plan from the network provider like AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and any other. The second way to connect is by WiFi connection either at home or to any establishment that offers free access to the internet or to public places.
There is no forgot pattern option on my Android phone, how can I make it appear?
The forgot password is only accessible once you have attempted to open the phone phone by putting in an incorrect pattern or password (5 times or so) to the device security screen. There are also some mobile phones that they do not have this option as you need to directly reset the Android device to factory settings instead of recovering the password or pattern you set which you find it inappropriate as it appears to be limited support or missing feature for recovering security.
I do not know my AT&T username and password, what should I do first?
If you forgot your AT&T email username and password. You can simply call AT&T since they are your carrier which they can look it up on their data base and provide it to their customer. Direct you call to AT&T customer care and ask the person on the other line that you need to know your user name and password of your AT&T account. The AT&T username is usually on email format with your first name and last name or you have it personalized when you first set up with AT&T
If you did not get the recovery menu, make sure that you have pressed the correct combination of buttons on how to access the recovery menu. The keys for the recovery menu depends from the phone manufacturer and it's model. Make sure that the phone is currently off and try the following combinations: Press Volume + (UP) then Power button and hold for at least 30 seconds or till an Android logo would appear Press Volume - (Down) then Power button and hold for at least 30 seconds or till an Android logo would appear Press Volume + (UP) then Power button and home button then hold for at least 30 seconds or till an Android logo would appear There are some Android devices that are so tricky that you do not need to do the following combinations keys to reset the unit. One good example is an Android Karbonn A6 phone which requires a PC program to reset. There are some Androids that has a reset button that you need to use a pin or a small pointy object to press the reset button.
I forgot my old Gmail password. What can I do to reset?
If you forgot the password of the old Gmail you have. You need to try and recall what it was for you to retrieve your email address. In order for you to reset the phone. You can do the steps found in this article and be able to unlock the phone.
Someone played on my phone and when I tried to unlock it, it keeps on asking for email address that I do not know
Most likely that the person who played with your phone change the pattern on your phone if you did not set one or if you have password or pattern you provided it to that person and he changed it. what you can do first is try to recall who was the last 5 people used your phone and ask them if they change some settings on your phone that you cannot unlock it any more. If they all say that they did not change any of the settings, then try to recall what are your email address that are active. Normally, you would use your personal email on the phone for downloading apps and any other. If all else fail, your option is to reset the phone and your photos, videos, contacts and any other files in the phone/internal storage will be cleared out or wipe but not the ones in the SD card.
What if I forgot my email and password. How can I unlock my phone?
If you forgot your email and password that you have registered on your phone. What you can do is to reset the device back to the factory settings instead. However, this will reset all settings and wipe all your downloaded applications, documents, photos and any other. Here are some procedure that you can try to reset the phone: Generic reset Method:
- Turn off the phone
- Press and hold volume up
- Press and hold Home button if it has then power button at the same time
- Wait for 20 seconds or until it shows an icon of an Android with a logo or warning sign.
- Use your volume keys and navigate to Wipe data then select yes to start the process. After the process has been done, go back and select the option for reboot or restart for the phone to reboot.
If in case that you have a Sony Xperia J or other Xperia model. You need to reset the device by using a PC suit or PC companion for you to unlock the phone home screen. Here's how you reset:
- Turn off the phone by simply taking the battery out for 5 seconds and put it back in.
- Go to your computer and install the PC Companion that came in the package or download it from http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/pc-companion/
- Launch the Sony PC Companion and select the Software update from the set of choices.
- After you select the agreement, check the box that you agree to the condition to what will happen to your phone data and it will start the process of showing you the list of phone models and select the correct model of your phone.
- After you select your phone model and click next to continue as it will show a picture on what you need to do next. Simply press the Volume down on your phone and connect the USB cord to your PC and to your mobile phone.
- Your computer screen will change and wait until the update has been completed on your computer. Normally, this will take 1 to 3 minutes.
- After the process of reinstalling the firmware, you need to turn remove the USB from the phone and remove the battery from the back for 5 seconds and turn it on.
Once the phone has been restarted, your phone will start like brand new that you need to configure it from scratch. The reboot process may take 1 to 3 minutes since you have reinstalled the operating system of the phone. Note that the phone's internal storage space are the ones will get deleted but not what is on the SD card.
If it does not show as it has forgot password then the device is not connected to the internet, either WiFi or Packet data. In order for you to have the forgot password option you need to think of the last place where your phone was connected to the WiFi network. Normally the network will be saved in the phone's list of recent networks that your phone was connected. However, this is only applicable if your left the WiFi as being enabled on your phone and it not, then what you need to do is a Factory Reset on your phone that will result to data loss.
I forgot the password to unlock the phone, what do I need to do?
If you forgot the password for your phone to unlock it, you can still recover it. However, this is only applicable if the phone is still connected to the internet for it to be available. Attempt to unlock the phone at least 5 times then the button for forgot password will be available. This will ask for your Google or email address and it's password. After you enter the email address it will automatically send and email to your own email address that contains the correct password to unlock your device. If the device is not connected to the internet as it was not left as enabled then you may need to reset the device back to factory settings that will result to deletion or erase data on your device. But if you have made a back-up before to a computer or recently, then you can have them restore and if not, you need to get them back one by one.
There is no forgot password on my device, what can I do to unlock it?
If there is no option forgot password on your device, what you can do to unlock it is by performing a Hard Reset. However, this will permanently erase your data on the device that you can no longer recover (Except only if you have a back-up). See below on how you can reset an Android device using the generic method: 1. Turn off the device 2. Press and hold the following buttons on your device: Press Volume Up Plus Power Press Volume Down Plus Power Press Volume Up Plus Home button then Power Press Volume Down Plus Home then Power Once there you felt a vibration, you need to let go of the power button but continue holding the others till it shows the Recovery Menu. If there is no vibration, what you need to do is to wait at least 20 seconds then let go of the buttons and wait till you see an Android logo. 3. Use the volume keys to highlight the Wipe data and reset then use your home nor power button to select then highlight YES again. 4. After the reset, select back then go to reboot to restart the device and start all over like when you first got the device.
It won't help me get on because I disabled my digital 2 Tablet and I can't do anything on it until I put the Google account but I forgot it. What can I do to unlock my Tablet again?
The Digital 2 Tablet is also know as D2 Pad. In order for you to reset the device, you can reset the Tablet in two ways by installing the PC LiveSuit that came in the package for you to perform a reset to factory on your Tablet or by doing the generic pattern to perform a Hard Reset. Either way can help you resolve the problem getting locked out from the Tablet and be able to log back in. However, this will erase all of your data which you can longer recover except if you have a back up and re-download the apps. Here are the steps: 1. Download the live suit on your computer for you to use and manage the re-installation of the firmware which is equivalent to reset. 2. Once you have it downloaded the PC LiveSuit, look for the LiveSuit folder then open to check it's contents. Look for the LiveSuit.exe file for you to run the installer and open the program or the PC Livesuit Manager. 3. During the installation, simply click on YES then select the Mandatory after then click the next or continue on screen. Once it is done, click on finish. To counter check also if you have the firmware of the Tablet, go back to the folder from the one you have downloaded and check if the name of D2-1105_GMS.img exist as this is the firmware. 4. After the installation of the PC LiveSuit, get your USB cord then connect it to your computer. Before you connect your the cord on your Tablet, look for a small circular button on the Tablet that is next to the micro USB port, press and hold it. While holding the button, connect now the other end of the USB cord on the Tablet and make sure that is being secured when you plug it in. 5. Once you plug in the cord on the Tablet, you should be able to see there a message on screen and click Next to it to start the process then wait for the update to be done on your computer screen. Once done, click on OK then observe the Tablet screen as it will reboot and wait till it is ready. After the reboot, simply do the same configuration, download apps and so on on your Tablet to get it back again. The PC LiveSuit re-installation of the firmware is much applicable in case that the volume buttons on your Tablet or any buttons is no longer working and applicable for Digital2 7" PAD Deluxe (D2 - 713G). If you have a Digital 2 or D2 Tablet with a product model of: D2-727(G) & D2-927G you can also follow the LiveSuit or the steps below: 1. Turn off the Tablet but pressing the power and hold them select shut down. 2. Press and hold the Volume keys on the Tablet first then press the power. Once you see the D2 logo on your Tablet screen, let go of all the buttons and wait for the Android logo. 3. Once the Android logo appears on screen, press the power button then hold and the Volume Up key. The menu on your screen will be available and use the volume keys to highlight the Wipe data and Reset then power to select. 4. After the process of reset, select the reboot and wait for the device to boot up and all will not be set to factory settings.
This is only normal that you are not seeing a reset button on your D2 Tablet. This is because that the Tablet model does not have that button, which you need to press a combination of keys for you to access the Recovery menu and Wipe data and restore the device back to factory settings. If you want to reset the Tablet, you may follow the steps: 1. Turn off the Tablet 2. Press and hold volume keys then the power and wait for the D2 logo to show up on screen then let go of it. Once you see an Android logo lying with a red mark on, press and hold the volume up and power again to have the menu up on screen. 3. Once you have the recovery Menu up, highlight the wipe data then reset and wait until it is done. Once it is done, select the reboot on screen then the Tablet is now set back to default values.
Unlocking my Samsung Grand Neo?
I forgot my pin lock so I am unable to access my phone. What should I do to access my phone? Could you please suggest? I have tried: Yes. many times. I think it was caused by: Because I forgot the pin
You should be getting the option to choose Forget Password after around the 5th attempt of entering the pin. If you have not then keep attempting for up to 20 more times. Once you see the option of Forgot Password you will use your Google Account associated with the phone to login. One thing to try with the pin is the last 4 digits of your phone number, your bank card access pin and your birthdate. These are ones we often use to set up codes.
On my phone, I tap forgot pattern but I forgot my username and password
If you forgot your User Name and Password of your Android. What you can do is to try and recall the email address that you have entered on your phone. Normally, this is the email address that you input to download apps from Google Play Store or that one that you have entered when you first held the phone. If you forgot the email address or User Name and password of Google account, you can go to this link to get it back or recover: https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery
Simply answer all the questions to retrieve your Google account as Google remembers all of your credentials and be able to retrieve it. Just answer them all then click next and continue. Once you have recovered your Google account, you may enter it on our phone for your phone generate an email that contains your password or pattern and be able to unlock the phone and use it again. In case that you cannot recover your email address as you do not know what it was or if you fail to recover it. Unfortunately, you may need to perform a Hard Reset of the device to wipe all it's content and only all pre-installed app will be left behind which you need to start from scratch on your Tablet. If you made a back up on your device then you can simply restore them and have them all in. If you want to reset the device, you may follow the steps below: 1. Turn off the device. 2. Press and hold the combination keys: Volume Up + Power Volume Down + Power Volume Up+ Home button + Power Volume Down + Home button + Power Volume Up + Camera Button + Power Let go of the buttons once an Android menu comes up. If it has no menu but has the Android logo, them press the volume up + power again. 3. Use volume keys to highlight and power to select. Select the Wipe data and reset and wait till it is done 4. Select reboot and wait for the device to be ready.
solution if internet connection is not available.
If your phone does not have internet access. The only option for you to recover the Android device is to perform a Hard Reset which will wipe or erase all your device data on the unit. If the WiFi is still enabled on your Android, what you can do is to recall the last place you went in to, to have WiFi internet for you to recover your Android's Pattern lock nor password then input your Gmail account and be able to recover it. If you cannot perform recovery of the password or pattern then you need to reset the device as per mentioned above but only if your phone's WiFi is not enabled where you can have internet access to recover.
my WiFi is off in my Android device and I can not access it through Gmail ID, after too many wrong patterns attempts
If the WiFi on your device is currently off, what you can do is to perform a Hard Reset. This will wipe or erase your device contents which you will start from the beginning or downloading those apps again on your device. If you have it backed up, you can do a restore to have them all back on your device. Resetting the unit may vary from the brand of the unit, which you can re-install the firmware or by simply poke a reset hole. Here are the steps for the generic method to reset the device: 1. Turn off the device. 2. Press and hold the combination keys: Volume Up + Power Volume Down + Power Volume Up+ Home button + Power Volume Down + Home button + Power Volume Up + Camera Button + Power Let go of the buttons once an Android menu comes up. If it has no menu but has the Android logo, them press the volume up + power again. 3. Highlight the wipe data and reset by pressing the volume buttons and power if you will select. Select on reboot after for the device to boot up and have it ready for use. For a reset by re-installing a device will need to have a PC suite or a PC companion. This is your utility software that you can manage to have the firmware loaded in your device to overwrite what is currently on the Tablet or phone. You just need to run the PC companion then connect the device directly to our computer via USB cord then re-upload the firmware to have it all up. Another way is by poke and hold a reset hole on the device which you need to use a toothpick or pin. You just need to poke and hold while the device is on and hold for 1 minute then let go and wait for the device to reboot and do its thing to wipe and erase its contents then all that will be left are the pre-installed apps.
I tried but it does not work its just some pictures green robot
When you see the picture of the green robot then that means that you are about to access the recovery of the Android phone you have. There are some Android devices that whenever you are going to access it's recovery it will show you only the Android logo where you need to press an additional buttons. Like press the power and the volume up again or even the soft home key button. If in case that you only see an Android logo then goes back to your home screen, it could be that you pressed the wrong buttons or your device has a different method of performing a hard or restore to factory. Some Android devices requires you to use a PC companion or Live suit to do such action to have the phone on default. Not all Android devices are following the generic way to access the recovery menu of the unit which you may need to take a different procedure to do so.
Install what exactly?
In the step of "Using the Web Market, install this application to your registered device.", you need to download the Screen Lock Bypass Pro application. This application will you $4 in order for you to bypass the security lock that you set on the phone.If you want to check the application, you can go to this link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.thomascannon.screenlockbypass.pro Please note that this application may or may not work for you, but based from the consumers ratings, it has 4.1. This step can only be applied if your phone is still connected to the internet where you are going to queue the application to be downloaded on your phone. In order for you to queue the app to the download, you may check the steps: 1. Go to your computer and access the website of play.Google.com 2. Search for the application of Screen Lock Bypass Pro. Make sure that you are login with your email account that you used to have on your phone. 3. Once you phone has installed the app. Connect the charger to your computer and the phone for the device to activate the by pass 4. Once you see an activate on screen, just tap it and it will now be unlocked. If this will not help you at all. What you can do is to do the ADB command and the Hard Reset for your mobile phone in order for you to unlock an Android which you forgot the pattern of the password.
I tried to but it showed me too many attempt has been entered
If you have tried to put in your Google account but still showing you unlock the phone by entering a pattern. You need to check your email address after doing it, as it will send an email to your own email address that contains the correct pattern or the password you setup on the phone. If you have another smart phone or PC, you can log in to your email and do it that way for faster and be able to unlock the phone again.
I was looking at downloading that bypass system but unsure of how to download it to my desk top and have it work on the Tablet
There is in fact a way that you can get back into your device through what is called a Hard Reset. The information that I will provide below will help you to be able to erase all the data from the device so that you will be able to get back into the device without having the password:
-Power off your device
-Hold the power button + volume up button
-On the boot menu use the volume keys to highlight factory data reset
-Press the power button to make the selection to begin the reset process
-After the reset is complete you will need to use the volume key to select reboot device along with the power button to make the selection
Here is the video so that you will be able to view the reset steps:
How can I unlock my phone so I can access it again?
I have an LG phone that I forgot my unlock password to
This guide lists every possible method to unlock your LG Android Device if you have forgotten your password or lock pattern. We've even written a guide for how to use a paid app to unlock your device, if the other steps and suggestions in this guide don't work for you. Please reference the beginning of this guide for steps on how to unlock your device.
How to unlock the Tablet cause it is stuck on password and email and I try to get it OFF and it did not work so what do I do?
It is stuck on email and password and I can not get it off, cause it won't work and I have tried turning it OFF and back ON and that did not work
If you're stuck at this stage of unlocking your Android device, you should use your computer to either reset your login credentials through Google, with one of the methods described in this guide, or use your computer to install an unlock app, which we've written a guide for that can be found here: How to unlock your device with a paid unlock app.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : General Android Mobiles & Tablets