Access System Preferences Menu in Mac OS X Yosemite
Edited by Grimm, priya, Jen M
You're watching VisiHow. In this tutorial, we're going to show you how to access the System Preferences menu on your Mac running OS X Yosemite by using the dock.
- 1This will open up the dock for us. On the dock, there will be an option for "System Preferences". It looks like a giant gear inside of a silver-gray box, and it is also labelled "System Preferences".In order to do this, we're going to scroll down on our Mac to the very bottom of the screen.Advertisement
- 3On "System Preferences", we will see a series of four rows of icons with an optional fifth row. The fifth row is anything installed or added that is not part of Mac OS X Yosemite, or from Mac. In this case, Flash Player is an example. We may have net downloaders or other things that will also appear here.One click will launch or open the "System Preferences" menu.
- 7Thank you for choosing VisiHow. Should you have additional questions, comments, tips or suggestions for us, let us know in the area provided below this tutorial, and we'll make sure to answer you.This concludes our tutorial on how to access the System Preferences menu on a Mac using OS X Yosemite and the dock.
Video: Access System Preferences Menu in Mac OS X Yosemite From Dock
From Apple Menu
You're watching VisiHow. In this tutorial, we're going to show you how to access the System Preferences menu from the main Apple menu on your Mac running OS X Yosemite.
- 4The "System Preferences" menu is a series of different adjustable options and details that we can change for our Mac OS X Yosemite install. Additionally, other things, such as the "Flash Player" or third party applications or options we may have installed, will be also be available. We can change them in the bottom row, or fifth row of this menu. If we would like to change something, we can click it, or find our tutorials on how to change those options.This will open the "System Preferences" menu.
- 6If you have additional questions or comments, or would like to leave suggestions for us or our team, please do so in the section provided below this tutorial.This concludes our tutorial on how to access the System Preferences menu from the Apple, or main menu, of your Mac running OS X Yosemite.Advertisement
Video: Access System Preferences Menu in Mac OS X Yosemite From Apple Menu
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Access System Preferences Menu in Mac OS X Yosemite. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 23, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Access_System_Preferences_Menu_in_Mac_OS_X_Yosemite
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Access System Preferences Menu in Mac OS X Yosemite." VisiHow, visihow.com/Access_System_Preferences_Menu_in_Mac_OS_X_Yosemite Accessed 23 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Access System Preferences Menu in Mac OS X Yosemite." Accessed Apr 23, 2017. http://visihow.com/Access_System_Preferences_Menu_in_Mac_OS_X_Yosemite.
Categories : Software
Recent edits by: priya, Grimm