Access Recent Applications and Task Manager on Samsung Galaxy S5
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Anonymous, Maria, Eng and 14 others
Hi, you are watching VisiHow, and today we are going to show you how to access the recent applications section of your Android Smartphone, your Samsung Galaxy Smartphone, or your Samsung Galaxy S5.
- 1 Steps
- 2 Video: Access Recent Applications and Task Manager on Samsung Galaxy S5 Method 1
- 3 How to get to Recent Applications on Samsung Galaxy S5
- 4 How to use the Task Manager on Samsung Galaxy S5
- 5 Questions and Answers for Recent Apps on the Galaxy S5
- 5.1 Recent app in long press of home button?
- 5.2 Switching settings and recent apps?
- 5.3 The generic help message on the recent apps button?
- 5.4 Accessing Recent Applications list?
- 5.5 Microsoft need it deleted off my Samsung Android phone which my daughter downloaded, now phone is not working right?
- 5.6 How can I open task manager without home key in Galaxy Grand 2 please?
- 5.7 Hi Walakobay - I have a problem with recent apps on my Galaxy S5?
- 5.8 In application manager I'm not able to view transfer to SD card, it's not listed nor the app was downloaded?
- 5.9 Hello my Galaxy screen pops multiple windows?
- 5.10 In TeamViewer Quick Support for Samsung Android remote click for Recent Apps is not working?
- 5.11 Why did my Samsung ON5 suddenly quit showing recently used applications?
- 5.12 I would like to know why for some reason my recently used apps is not saving were I have going to on my Samsung 5?
- 5.13 I bought this of eBay, started using it and it asked me to enter my Samsung account, and I did, it said wrong account was given and now I've tried everything and to no avail, its locked up, any help would be thankful?
- 6 Comments
- 30'App info' is going to give me another menu, telling me what is going on with this app.It can let me 'Force Stop', 'Stop Showing Notifications', 'Clear Data' and 'Clear cache'. Also, it will tell me what permissions I have got going on, and what kind of security features. Basically, everything to do in this app is listed here.
- 37Ladies and gentlemen, that is how you can access your 'Recent Apps' feature on your Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone or any other smartphone running Android OS.Thank you very much for your time and for watching VisiHow. We are looking forward to seeing you in any of our other videos. Have a great day.
Video: Access Recent Applications and Task Manager on Samsung Galaxy S5 Method 1
How to get to Recent Applications on Samsung Galaxy S5
The Samsung Galaxy S5 has a different function for it's lower left soft-key.
What is commonly referred to as the Menu key on other Galaxy devices is the Recent Applications key for the Galaxy S5. The Recent application button allows you to quickly open recently used applications on your phone, and most users view this as a positive development. This is because the recent applications page and task manager are accessed more frequently than the menu button. As a result, less use of the Home button is required.
Note that you can still access the Menu function by long pressing the Recent Apps key on your Samsung Galaxy S5.
To use the Recent Applications page on your Samsung Galaxy S5, follow these steps:
- 5To view a list of options for an application, touch and hold it.
- These are the things that you can do:
- 'Remove from list' will close the application and remove it from the recent applications page.
- 'App info' will open the application's information page in your Application manager. There, you can clear data, uninstall, or view other important details about the application.
- 9You have learned how to access and use the Recent Applications page on your Samsung Galaxy S5.
How to use the Task Manager on Samsung Galaxy S5
Task Manager allows you to manage applications and tasks on your Galaxy S5.
This feature will help you manage your device's memory, release stale system resources, and view available free space on your phone. To use the Task Manager, follow these procedures:
- 7You have now learned how to access and use the Task Manager on your Samsung Galaxy S5.Advertisement
Questions and Answers for Recent Apps on the Galaxy S5
I'm using Samsung Galaxy grand quattro. when I long press the home button it shows all the recently used app. Actually I do not want to store recently app in my phone and display when long press of home button. Could you please help me in this?
This is a standard option on the device meaning that you cannot change this being that this is the main function when you long press on your home button. If you no longer want to see your old apps then simply do not long press on the home button.
Tap on the button fast in order to be taken back to the main menu or home screen on your device. There is no way to take this function off of your device. The only way to no longer allow this to happen will be for you to not long press on the home button being that this is the only option to not be taken to the recently used apps menu.
Switching settings and recent apps?
Can I change the recent apps functionality to display after a long press? And leave the settings functionality for a quick one?
Unfortunately you can not modify the functionality of the Recent Apps / Menu button without the rooting your device and using unsupported third party tools. Note that a long press on the Samsung Galaxy S5 Recent Apps button will still cause it to function as a Menu button, should you need that functionality.
It's not a big deal (but then again I'm asking), the lady at the Sprint store was quick to close the generic explanation of the RECENT APPS button by clicking "Do not show this message again". I want to restore this generic help message until I'm ready to close it. Is there a way to recover this without a complete Factory Reset?
You may need to clear data. Press the home button, tap on "Apps", and tap on "Settings". Scroll down to "Application manager". Tap on "Application manager". Swipe to "ALL" and tap on "Samsung Apps". Tap on "Force stop" and "Clear data". Reboot your device.
If this did not help, you can press the home button, tap on "Apps", and tap on "Settings". Scroll down to "Application manager and tap on it. Swipe to "ALL". Tap the three vertical dots in the upper-right corner and select "Reset app preferences". Now, reboot your device.
Accessing Recent Applications list?
My device is saying I am running over 60 applications and I want to check this and access the recent applications list. When I press the soft key as shown on your help feature, the 'recent applications' key does not show on the list.
This occured after the Lollipop Update. As of now, you will have to use a separate app to stop all the running applications.
Microsoft need it deleted off my Samsung Android phone which my daughter downloaded, now phone is not working right?
My daughter downloaded Microsoft on my Samsung Android phone, want to delete all, please help me
Hard reset your phone. You can do this with the volume and power buttons or through the settings menu options. Then you might need to install new firmware on the device. To do this, connect your device to Kies on the PC and select the Emergency Recovery option.
How can I open task manager without home key in Galaxy Grand 2 please?
My home key is damaged, so I want to find alternative key instead of home key
Install a task killer from Google Play. This way you can use the touch screen to stop all processes.
Hi Walakobay - I have a problem with recent apps on my Galaxy S5?
Until recently touching the button at the bottom left of the phone has always displayed my recently opened apps - but this has stopped working and it now simply says "no recently used apps" - when I know there are
Reboot your phone. Try again and see if it shows the active applications. If you have ActiveSync enabled in the Exchange Server for Microsoft, there is a conflict that is stopping the process. The fix to this is to disable the Exchange Server and use the stock Outlook app.
In application manager I'm not able to view transfer to SD card, it's not listed nor the app was downloaded?
I want to transfer app to SD card. I have tried: Unable to view SD card selection on app. I think it was caused by: Unknown
Use Apps2SD from Google Play. This makes it a much easier way to manage what is on the SD card. Keep in mind that even though you manually transfer the apps to the SD card, the internal memory option will still take first priority with some apps and they will revert regularly.
Hello my Galaxy screen pops multiple windows?
My Galaxy screen have been showing recent screens multiple times and it makes it difficult for me to do anything with the phone.. how can I solve this problem.
Install MultiWindow Toggle from the Google Play Store. Some Samsung devices allow you to disable MultiWindow from the Display menu but their newer devices do not have it. This app supports even the S7 so you should be able to install the app and disable the multiwindow feature.
In TeamViewer Quick Support for Samsung Android remote click for Recent Apps is not working?
In TeamViewer Quick Support for Samsung Android remote click on Home and Back buttons work but click I have a menu button instead of a Recent Apps (active Apps - Task manager like) button
You recently must have updated the OS on your device. Follow the suggestions in the above answer for how to correct this.
Why did my Samsung ON5 suddenly quit showing recently used applications?
The lower left soft button now shows "no recently used apps" when before it showed every one I used until I cleared all. also the app icon on the home screen only shows 2 or 3 apps instead of 20 or so like before.. I have tried: Restart. change home screen. currently using Google now home screen. with touch wiz home it shows more apps but recently used still blank. I think it was caused by: Too much playing with phone.
Google Now will be what you want to use from now on to disable active applications. It works better anyway and Samsung has disabled the previous feature in their latest software update.
I would like to know why for some reason my recently used apps is not saving were I have going to on my Samsung 5?
What can I do to make this work again. I have tried: Reset the defaults. I think it was caused by: Quite frankly I don't know
Put your phone into Recovery and choose Wipe Cache Partition. If it still does not disable the active applications then consider using a third party app.
I bought this of eBay, started using it and it asked me to enter my Samsung account, and I did, it said wrong account was given and now I've tried everything and to no avail, its locked up, any help would be thankful?
Samsung GS5, I bought this of eBay, started using it and it asked me to enter my Samsung account, and I did, it said wrong account was given and now I've tried everything and to no avail, its locked up, any help would be thankful?
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Categories : All About Samsung Galaxy S5
Recent edits by: jdnagoor, discovery747, keinelle