Access Internet on Samsung Galaxy S4
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Lynn, Eng, Alma and 5 others
- 1 This is part of the VisiHow series on how to use the Samsung Galaxy S4. You can visit the main VisiHow on how to USE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 for a full list of S4 VisiHow Articles
- 2 Access Internet on Samsung Galaxy S4
- 3 Add a bookmark on Samsung Galaxy S4
- 4 Access bookmark on Samsung Galaxy S4
- 5 Browsing Anonymously on Samsung Galaxy S4
- 6 Save Web Page on Samsung Galaxy S4
- 7 Access Saved Web Pages on Samsung Galaxy S4
- 8 Open a New Browser Window on Samsung Galaxy S4
9 Questions and Answers
- 9.1 How do I create bookmarks in Galaxy S4?
- 9.2 There is no "saved pages" option as shown above.
- 9.3 Can't help find the images I saved from the net?
- 9.4 When in the car and I try to access something - like trip adviser, I get a message that it must be connected to internet to work. How do I connect to internet in the car?
- 10 Comments
This is part of the VisiHow series on how to use the Samsung Galaxy S4. You can visit the main VisiHow on how to USE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 for a full list of S4 VisiHow Articles
You can access the internet on your Samsung Galaxy S4 by following the procedures detailed below. Take note that you need to have the right internet settings for your phone. You can manually set it up if you know the settings, or call your network's technical support to ask for assistance.
Access Internet on Samsung Galaxy S4
- 6You have just successfully accessed the internet using the browser on your Samsung Galaxy S4.
Add a bookmark on Samsung Galaxy S4
- 5You are done adding a bookmark to your Samsung Galaxy S4's browser.
Access bookmark on Samsung Galaxy S4
- 4You are done accessing bookmark on your Samsung Galaxy S4's browser.
Browsing Anonymously on Samsung Galaxy S4
You can browse anonymously on your Samsung Galaxy S4 by turning the browser to INCOGNITO. When you are using incognito mode, all of your visited pages and any other information will not be saved on your phone when you close the browser application. To go incognito:
- 5You are now in incognito mode, and all of your browsing data will be cleared every time you close the browser.
Save Web Page on Samsung Galaxy S4
If you are on a pay-per-minute-use browsing plan, you can save some credits by saving the web pages and reading them offline. To save web pages on your browser, do the following steps:
- 5The web page will now be saved so you can read it offline, or access it at a later date.
Access Saved Web Pages on Samsung Galaxy S4
- 5Tap on a desired page to open it.The list of saved pages will then show.
- 6You have just learned how to access your saved web pages on your S4.
Open a New Browser Window on Samsung Galaxy S4
- 5You can enter another website on it without closing the website in the other window.A new window will now open.
- 7You have just learned open a new browser window on Samsung S4.Advertisement
Questions and Answers
How do I create bookmarks in Galaxy S4?
My menu in the Galaxy S4 r does not show an option for creating a bookmark according the url address shown. It only has the option "bookmarks" not "add a bookmark" Can you help me? Thanks. Paul
Which menu are you referring to? You can add bookmarks to the browser itself or the widget, but you will need to do it from the app. Open the browser app, and hit the bookmarks icon:
On the page that comes up, hit the plus icon to add your bookmarks:
Here is a quick guide on how to add a bookmark in your Samsung S4 please kindly read carefully and follow each steps.
- Go to Internet, it is either the icon in your home screen or in the applications menu.
- The default browser should have a Lumen toolbar whereas you can customize shortcuts your favorite web page.
- To show the Lumen toolbar, swipe up/tap and drag the screen from the lower right corner.
- Scroll either left or right and select your desired shortcut.
- In the web page, simply tap the Add more and add a shortcut.
- Now simply go to the web address you wish to add as bookmark and press go, wait for the page to load.
- Tap the bookmark icon and select add bookmark or save bookmark.
- Now if you can't see the add bookmark simply tap the bookmark, tap and hold your desired bookmark and click edit then input manually your desired web page.
There is no "saved pages" option as shown above.
Please double check the settings when you tap the soft key button menu on your phone. There, you should be able to see the options for the browser where you can save the pages on your phone. This is a standard feature for the internet browser that you are using on your mobile phone. In any case, there are some phones that do not say "Saved Pages" for you to have or read it while the phone is not connected to the internet. If you wanted to read a web page when its offline, instead, you should see there a phrase of "Save for offline reading" which is just the same as saved pages. Once it have been saved for off line reading, go to your favorites tab and you should be able to see there the "Saved pages" tab on the top screen. There are three tabs there as Bookmarks, History and the Saved Pages.
Can't help find the images I saved from the net?
I cannot find the images I saved from the net
When downloading an image from the internet the file will be placed in a specific folder named "downloads". When using my Samsung Galaxy S4 and I save an image from a standard site it will save in the folder downloads.
-Go to your gallery.
-In the screen locate the folder labeled downloads.
-This will allow you to be able to view the downloaded images you have saved on your device.
If you save an image from Facebook other application the name of the app will be in your gallery labeled as for example "Facebook" for your saved image.
When in the car and I try to access something - like trip adviser, I get a message that it must be connected to internet to work. How do I connect to internet in the car?
Can't access internet remotely on my phone
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Categories : USE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4
Recent edits by: sathia, KC7, rbaker