Edited by susheel, Calob Horton, davidgeis 2015, Eng
Questions and Answers
I have a question about downloading WhatsApp on my Laptop and then sending it to my Lumia 520 phone?
How can I download WhatsApp on my Laptop and then send it to my Nokia Lumia 520? Could you tell me if it is possible? If yes, tell me the process.
It is possible to download WhatsApp onto your Laptop to install on your Nokia Lumia 520. This process is called sideloading. To sideload, you will need a microSD card and a card reader on your Laptop. Once you have them, follow the instructions below to learn how to sideload WhatsApp on your Nokia Lumia 520.
- Click this link and scroll to the bottom.
- Click the 'Download and install manually' button.
- When your download has finished, place the .xap file onto your SD card..
- Put your SD card into your phone and restart it.
- When your phone is on again, open the Windows Phone Store.
- Tap the More button.
- Tap Install local apps.
- Select WhatsApp from the list and tap Install.
WhatsApp will now be sideloaded onto your Nokia Lumia 520 for you to use.
More questions and answers on this topic can be found here: In want to download WhatsApp for Lumia 520 via my Laptop
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Software
Recent edits by: davidgeis 2015, Calob Horton, susheel