20 Signs He Wants to Have a Baby with You
Edited by Donna, Eng, Doug Collins, Nuance and 1 other
Is it time for you and your mate to have a baby? The decision to raise a child needs to be a mutual one, but before you pop the big question, "Do you want to have a kid?" it might be a good idea to check over this list of signs to see if he wants to have a baby with you. This is crucial because sometimes your spouse or boyfriend does not even realize he is telegraphing the need to have a child to you by his behavior.
It is usual for men to hide this particular desire. They might feel overwhelmed by the prospect of being a Dad, or they might not be sure if you even want to be a Mom. In fact, some men won't bring up the subject of children to their mate if they believe their career, or plans to travel, might be more important. Also, he might be reluctant to tell you how he is feeling if you already have 'kids' called pets (the furry kids), or if you are both working very hard to improve your financial situation.
Men are human and softer than they seem, and most men do want a child or two (or more) in their life, sooner or later, so you might want to consider asking him outright if he wants children. If you are too afraid to ask, keep reading to see if he displays any of the following 20 signs that he might want a baby.
- 2If he is a natural caretaker and babies you, then he could be sending you a subtle message that he would be a great father.Your man has mellowed into a nurturer.Advertisement
- 4A man that is good-humored about naughty or screaming kids, and does not get annoyed, is demonstrating the kind of tolerance that would make him a great dad.He laughs when he sees kids acting up in public.
- 6If he is building strong connections with your relatives, it means that he wants to be on good terms with them so he can raise a family with you.He goes out of his way to not only be nice to your family but to be part of your family.
- 7If he has genetics on his mind or a curiosity about the appearance of a child you could have together, then he might ready to be a Dad.He talks with you about what your kids might look like.
- 8Your man might be doing this because he is either consciously or subconsciously wondering what it would be like to be a kid in this day and age and what it would like to watch movies with him or her.You catch him watching cartoons or movies made for kids or young adults.
- 9Many men buying drones, video games and DIY model kits that might be better suited to someone younger. By buying items like expensive toy trains or a bat and ball he may be expressing a desire to have a younger person around to play with.He buys toys and games for himself.
- 10If he constantly brings home stray animals he may be gratifying an inner conscious or subconscious need to have a brood of children around him. Making pets the kids is also a way of seeing what kind of mother you might be.He is a pet rescuer.
- 12A man who does this might be wondering when you are ovulating so you can make a baby together, or he's trying to avoid making a baby. Best to ask to know for sure.He asks you when your period is.
- 13A man who is being more romantic than usual may be trying to get you pregnant. It might be good if he talks to you about this task first.He asks to have sex more often.
- 14Men that want to be fathers don't party as often, work out, and are bettering themselves so they can take care of the kids that are to come.He is taking great care of his health.
- 15A man who does not care about birth control possibly wants to have children because as a grown adult, he is more than aware of the pregnancy risk associated with a lack of protection.He stops caring whether or not you are using birth control.
- 16In fact, he might even tell you that he is happy that this has happened at this point.If you miss your period he does not express concern.
- 17If he is complimenting you in this way, it means he can envision raising a kid in his mind.He tells you what a great mother you will make.
- 18A man doing this might be feathering his nest so he can raise a familyHe talks a great deal about creating wealth or money management.
- 19Men who are looking for a dwelling bigger than a condo or apartment often have the prospect of starting a family on his mind.He is shopping for a house.
- 20If you are with someone who has "done it all", made a career, become prosperous and traveled the globe to have many adventures, he may be ready for that next phase in life, which is to "settle down and have kids." If a man tells you he wants to have a kid, you can take him at his word.All that is missing from his life so far is a child and he has let you know this.
1 Questions and Answers
- 1.1 If a man asks you to have a child for him, is that true love?
- 1.2 How do I know he is serious, he wants a baby and he is ready to be part of the responsibility?
- 1.3 What steps to take before falling pregnant after using birth control and no treatment taken?
- 1.4 How and when should I mention my significant other that I want to go childless?
- 1.5 What if he doesn't want the baby? what am I going to do?
- 1.6 Me and my partner have been trying for a baby but I'm over thinking things?
- 2 Comments
Questions and Answers
If a man asks you to have a child for him, is that true love?
If a guy whom you are not married to asks you to have a child for him, is that love?. I have tried: I am afraid of disappointment. I think it was caused by: I am so scared
Tough to say if it is true love but he has expressed interest in a future with you. Before you start painting the nursery, you need to make a life long plan with him. If you want to be married then this would have to be part of the deal. Also, having a baby with someone while not married to them brings up additional challenges such as custody arrangements and child support which should be considered. Bringing a child into the world is one of the most amazing life experiences but also one of the most challenging. Suddenly you realize that your whole world has changed and you are responsible for the rest of your life for another human being. Children also add stress to a relationship. Even the most solid marriages experience some turmoil when a baby comes home from the hospital because the focus that you used to display on your partner is now shared with that little bundle of joy. Partners can feel underappreciated or lonely during the transition process.
How do I know he is serious, he wants a baby and he is ready to be part of the responsibility?
He saw a photo of me carrying my sister's one year old baby and he asked if I would like to have a baby. I said yes and I asked him the same question, he said yes he would love to have a mixed baby, me African and him Netherlands, he promises to take responsibility. Do you really think he is serious and we are continents away though we can travel? Keeping in mind I canceled my trip last month to Netherlands because we had a misunderstanding. He claims he is sincere, is he really? He is 46 and I am 36 we have been long distance dating for 4 years.. I have tried: Not tried at all, I left my job and was ready to go settle with him while working because I noted his parents are old and he takes care of them. But he became a bit hesitant and I snapped and backed off.. I think it was caused by: He must have had some advice from "friends" not realizing I had put my career aside.
If he is not ready for you both to live together then no he is not serious about having a baby with you. He backed away when you gave up everything to go be with him. After 4 years of dating, there should be a significant commitment. If there are no concrete plans to live together which would involve you immigrating to the Netherlands, then do not entertain having a baby with him. Tell him that you wish to live together, establish your lives together and then try to have a baby. You are not getting younger and your window of a successful pregnancy is narrowing. After 4 years of dating, there is nothing wrong with insisting that you start the immigration process or end the relationship.
What steps to take before falling pregnant after using birth control and no treatment taken?
I was using birth control and didn't go for treatment after that it's been a year that I stopped using birth control and my partner wants a baby.. Should I consider a doctor or are there any remedies I can consider at home?
Most infertility specialists recommend speaking with your primary care physician or OBGYN if you have not become pregnant after a year of trying. This does not mean that there is something wrong with one of you as to why you can't conceive but you should have some hormonal tests run. There are a variety of reasons why someone can't conceive within the first year of trying. If your menstrual cycle is not regular or your ovulation window is hard to predict then this could be part of your issue. [] is a VisiHow article with some information on what you can start doing from home before speaking with your doctor. 85% of women conceive within 12 menstrual cycles. There are apps such as My Days or Fertility Friend that assist in tracking your cycles. You will want about 3 months of cycles to present to your doctor. You can purchase over the counter ovulation predictor sticks at dollar stores. You can also buy them in the pharmacy. You will want to use these tests at about 2 p.m. or 8 hours after waking up for the best indication of ovulation. Once you can pinpoint if you are ovulating or not then you will have better chances of knowing your conception window.
Here are some VisiHow articles for you to check out for further information:
- Know Your Ovulation Period Using Calendar Method
- Use Red Raspberry Leaf Tea to Regulate Your Menstrual Cycle
- Natural Methods to Boost Fertility in Women
How and when should I mention my significant other that I want to go childless?
I am 28 years old woman and I want to be childless by choice. I am okay with adoption but I have extreme levels of tokophobia.
You should tell who you are dating as soon as you can. This does not mean on the first date but by the second or third, you should tell them that you have no desire to be bear children but are open to adoption. When searching for a potential date, check the online dating sites which have childless listed as a preference. Scan profiles that say if someone is not interested in having children. Do not wait for feelings to develop before you tell someone. Be upfront and honest so that you can find the right person for you. If you wait too long, they may feel that you led them along only to lie by omission.
What if he doesn't want the baby? what am I going to do?
I'm pregnant and I don't know what to do. When I bring up the topic of moving in together or having a baby he seems unsure and he says stuff like "sure whatever you want" plus I think he might be cheating on me
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Me and my partner have been trying for a baby but I'm over thinking things?
Me and my partner have been trying for a baby since May 2016. We both came to the decision I come of the pill as we decided we wanted a family as we were getting engaged that same year. Things started off OK like we were having sex all the time. We looked up different positions of how we can conceive. We had stopped drinking alcohol and coffee and eating healthy as its a really big thing that I want with him but after a few months I missed a period and I took a test but it was negative. Ever since then things have been different. We don't seem to try that much anymore. We don't seem to talk about it .
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Categories : Relationships
Recent edits by: Nuance, Doug Collins, Eng