15 Trustworthy Signs He Wants to Spend the Rest of His Life with You
Edited by Donna, Eng, Inukshuk, vc and 2 others
Most women want the fairy-tale where that glass slipper slides onto their foot, and they ride off into the future with their Prince Charming. Maybe you've met someone, the right someone, and you've spent a lot of time together over the last several months or even years. You know how you feel about him, however, how do you know if he is really ready to commit?
Signs that he is truly ready to spend the rest of his life with you
- 1This is the traditional way that men inform women and the rest of the world they tend to marry their beloved. A less traditional guy might suggest matching tattoos on your left-hand fourth fingers. It's a bit of a myth that a man does not know his own mind or feelings when it comes to love, and whether or not he wants to spend the rest of his life with a particular woman. Most men are familiar with the concept of proposing marriage and even if he says he is "against marriage" he will usually propose some kind of bonding ritual to make your union official in the eyes of others.You have an engagement ring on your finger.Advertisement
- 2The man who is not shy of introducing you to others as his fiancée, is telling the world he is building a future with you. The same goes for a man who willingly puts up a status that you are engaged on social media. For instance, if he has posted an It's complicated or no relationship status on Facebook, he may not really be that serious about building a future with you.He has told the world that he wants to commit to you.Advertisement
- 3Not all men can afford a ring, but when a man looks at you with complete sincerity and tells you it's time to get marries, you can believe him. It's not always about marriage. Sometimes the commitment is living together. Regardless, he has to back up that promise with practical action that shows you he is serious about being faithful to you, and only you, by remaining devoted and focused on you at all times.He has told you directly that he wants to be with you forever.
- 4If he's shopping around for a place for the two of you to live together, he likely has the intention of staying with you forever. If he is willing to give up a bachelor pad and bachelor lifestyle for you then, he is very serious about staying with you. If he is giving up a job, a former life with a previous wife or living with his children for you then that is a very serious statement about his desire to commit to you permanently.He talks about living with you.
- 5The man who tells you that he wants to be the father of your child is a serious candidate for a husband and provider who is in it for the long term. Giving into the biological impulses to have a child usually means he wants to financially invest in your future together, take care of you and your children and grow old with you.He wants to have a baby with you.
- 6He loves talking to you any time of the day or night and does not object to texts or calls. Men who are taking a relationship for granted, often make their girlfriends feel like they have to make an appointment in order to see him. If your great guy is not available to talk to you, he will tell you when he will be available in the near future. You are never left hanging wondering when you will get to talk to him.He is always available to you.
- 7Instead he makes sure that you are aware of any dates, so that you can dress your nicest and be prepared for the evening. This is a sign he respects your time and that like him, you also have a schedule and goals of your own. The man who makes your time as important as his own his planning on building a life with you.He doesn't treat you like you are on standby.
- 8When he makes plans, he always makes sure that you are going to be included and be part of the events. Of course you may not want to go bushwhacking or watch hours of sports with his buddies, but every time there is an important event in his life, he is sure to include you. This is a gesture that tells you that he wants you to be by his side when it matters, and in the future.His plans always include you.
- 9Not only does he treat you like one of his clan, he has already introduced to you members of his family and includes you in all of their holiday events and special events such as weddings and funerals. If you are not made to feel like an outsider then it is likely that you will receive an engagement proposal in the near future.He treats you like one of his family.
- 10Every spousal relationship is actually a business relationship as well. That may include discussions on what to do with your finances, investments, etc. A willingness on his part to discuss the pragmatic side of your relationships means that he considers the two of you to be a team, and working towards a mutually beneficial future.He discusses business with you.
- 11A man who is planning to feather a nest for you buy furnishing, is more than likely planning to commit to you in the future. Buying a pet is another addition to your domestic life that is very bonding, simply because it is like a practice for having a child that both of you will to share the responsibility for.He discusses buying furniture, appliances or a pet together.
- 12He loves to hold your hand, hugs you and gives you back rubs - if needed. Attention is a kind of emotional currency and he is investing in your future by making sure that you feel loved enough to stay with him always. His logic is that if you feel good you won't leave!He shows you plenty of physical affection.
- 13This may seem old-fashioned, but a man who brings you even the humblest of bouquets at the end of the day, is smitten with you and is taking part in a traditional way for a man to show a woman he intends to stay with her. It is a nod to the idea that he will be bringing bouquets home to you for the rest of your life, on holidays, anniversaries, birthdays, after the birth of your children and so forth.He still brings you flowers.
- 14A man who is bonding with you for the long term will tidy up, bring you breakfast in bed and make sure that the toilet seat is always left down. He also still flirts with you to keep the relationship alive. He is demonstrating to you that he is well-mannered and courteous enough to be your partner for life and, and being with him will not only have it's perks, but also minimal annoyances.He knows it's the little things that count.
- 15This denotes a man who is focused on your future together. The word we is very powerful and he should use it when discussing his plans with you, and also with other people. The man that says "I will be there" instead of "we will be there" or "I am so excited about my trip" instead of "we are so excited about our trip" is not practicing the kind of inclusiveness that is typical of men trying to build a future with you.He uses the word "we" more than the word "me" when he talks about himself.Advertisement
A man who is committing to the long-term with you will be demonstrating five or more of these traits to show that he is devoted to you and would like to build a long-term future.
Questions and Answers
What does a guy mean when he says he wants you to be his baby daddy and his companion yet he still talks to you about his exes?
What does it mean when a guy you are dating casual says he wants to be your companion and baby daddy yet he still talks to you about his exes. I have tried: To ask him what exactly does he want from me because I am confused
Sounds like you may be in a rebound relationship. What you need to do is request that he start looking toward a future with you instead of comparing you to past relationships. Be honest and state that he confuses you by speaking about the future while obsessing about the past. Ask him if he has received proper closure from these past relationships. Perhaps he is over analyzing everything with past mistakes because he is afraid of making them again however, there can be no chance for you as a couple unless he gives up dwelling in the past.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
15 Trustworthy Signs He Wants to Spend the Rest of His Life with You. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 28, 2017, from http://visihow.com/15_Trustworthy_Signs_He_Wants_to_Spend_the_Rest_of_His_Life_with_You
MLA (Modern Language Association) "15 Trustworthy Signs He Wants to Spend the Rest of His Life with You." VisiHow, visihow.com/15_Trustworthy_Signs_He_Wants_to_Spend_the_Rest_of_His_Life_with_You Accessed 28 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "15 Trustworthy Signs He Wants to Spend the Rest of His Life with You." Accessed May 28, 2017. http://visihow.com/15_Trustworthy_Signs_He_Wants_to_Spend_the_Rest_of_His_Life_with_You.
Categories : Relationships
Recent edits by: Nuance, vc, Inukshuk