15 Best Android Reminder Apps To Do Reminder vs BZ Reminder vs Any.Do ... and 12 more
Edited by Chris Stipe, Eng, Maria
Regardless of your age, we can often be steered adrift from the various shiny things in the world that cause distractions in everyday life, which is why we all need a reminder now and then. Not only can we end up being more productive by setting reminders, they can often be the ultimate life saver it certain situations. Since there are many different reminder apps available on Android devices, let us take a look at the 15 best ones you can start using today.
Method 1: To Do Reminder
To Do Reminder - Make life easier. Get reminded of everything! Allowing you to feel relaxed with no stress. If you have problems remembering some of the things you need to do, don't worry you are not alone. Now there is no need to remember all those things you have to do, as To Do Reminder will do that all for you! Not only is it quick and easy to use, but in mere seconds you can set up a task in the reminder list and be good to go.
- Set reminders quickly and with ease.
- Customize your reminder how you see fit with repeat options minutes, daily, hourly, weekly, yearly.
- Choose Notification or Alarm as a reminder alert.
- Can set in advance alerts for Reminders.
- Set your Reminder with no hands with Speech-to-Text.
- Synchronize anniversaries and birthdays of your friends from Google Calendar, Facebook, Phonebook or even add them manually if you want.
- Use the app widget to display all reminder notes on your Home screen.
- 3Free version with in-app purchases.Cost/Fees:
- 4To Do Reminder can be found on Google PlayCompatibility:
Method 2: BZ Reminder
Do you often forget to do something? Even if you don't often forget to do something, BZ Reminder will REMEMBER EVERYTHING that you want to do, which in turn will help improve your productivity! Not only is this straightforward reminder & to-do list app easy to use, it's made for those that need to set up reminders quickly and with ease. You can even use it if you have an Android watch or even just taking notes too.
- Recurring / Repeating Tasks.
- Mark tasks with colors.
- Customizable widgets
- Android wear smartwatch support: create reminders with voice recognition right from your smartwatch
- You can set a reminder every hour.
- And much more!.
- 3Free version with in-app purchases and PRO version for $4.99CDN.Cost/Fees:
- 4BZ Reminder can be found on Google PlayCompatibility:
Method 3: Any.Do
Any.do to-do list & reminders is simply a MUST HAVE APP. This reminder and to-do app is the most popular app for Android with over 15 million people using it every day to keep their lives organized and on track.
- Lightning fast sync between your phone, tablet, desktop and web.
- Keeps your reminders, to-do list and agenda always updated so you'll never forget a thing.
- Set one-time, recurring reminders or location reminders with ease and never miss another deadline.
- Keep your to-do list and agenda always on hand with the beautiful home screen widget.
- Accomplish more with the people in your life by sharing lists and assigning tasks.
- To-do list made simple. Keep yourself organized and enjoy every minute of it.
Method 4: aCalendar
Not only does aCalendar one of the better apps out there, it seems to cover the basics much better than most, allowing you to theme your calendars, various syncing account options and much much more. This simple yet power app even lets you add events in the calendar and receive reminders about them. Need widget support? This app has that too. Looking for even more powerful reminders? Buying the full version will let you do that by unlocking the power of tasks. It supports alerts as well.
- Smooth transitions between day, month, and week view with intuitive navigation.
- Agenda view and widget
- Google calendar management
- 48 colors per calendar.
- QR and NFC barcode sharing of events.
- Per-event colors (if supported by the event's calendar).
- Birthdays from your contacts (or without contacts).
- And more.
- 3Free version with in-app purchases. aCalendar + costs $5.99CDN.Cost/Fees:
- 4aCalendar can be found on Google PlayCompatibility:
Method 5: Life Reminders
With Life Reminders you will never forget anything anymore. Now you can easily create your own reminder and forget all about it. Once the time has come, the app will remind you. Really! It's that simple. Whether you want to set up a text message and send it to someone to wish them a happy birthday or set a reminder to remember that important phone call you need to make at a precise moment, Life Reminders has you covered.
- Quickly set up all kinds of reminders to suit your needs:
- Calls: you set the date and time, and the contact information and then forget about it. When its time, you will get a notification in which you can either click on the call button or put the reminder to sleep for a matter of minutes until you are ready.
- Tasks: you set the date and time, as well as the description of the task and when the time comes, you will get a reminder.
- Text/Email: you type the text/email message, you set up the contact details, and then set up the time. And guess what? When the time comes, it is sent (or a notification will pop-up for you to send).
- 3Free version with in-app purchasesCost/Fees:
- 4Life Reminders can be found on Google PlayCompatibility:
Method 6: Just Reminder
Just Reminder is a simple all-in-one reminder app - and that's all that it will do. You can set task reminders for birthdays or anniversaries, phone call reminders, and a few others. If all you need to do to improve your productivity is create simple reminders than this is the app for you. Save time with the ability to even add a task reminder by voice.
- With a few simple clicks, you can set to-do/task reminders, phone call reminders, anniversary reminders, birthday reminders and even bill reminders quickly and easily.
- No need to type a reminder with Speech-to-Text availability.
- Customizable repeat intervals like a repeat every few minutes, hours, day, weeks, months, and more.
- Set in advance alerts for reminders.
- Customize date & time formats.
- Never miss another reminder with LED blink (if device supports).
- Premium version includes: Phone call reminder, Security PIN lock, makes the app ad-free and more.
- 3Free version with in-app purchases. Premium version available too.Cost/Fees:
- 4Just Reminder can be found on Google PlayCompatibility:
Method 7: Google Keep
Quickly capture what's on your mind and receive a reminder at the right place or time that you need it. On the go and not able to type on your device? Speak what you need and it will automatically be transcribed. Google Keep makes it easy to capture a thought or a list for yourself and easily share it with friends and family. You can even add reminders that are location or time based to your notes and get a notification when the time comes.
- Add lists, notes, and photos to Google Keep.
- Share ideas and Keep notes with family and friends and collaborate in real time.
- Find what you need fast by changing labels and colors to quickly organize and get on with your life.
- Keep works on your tablet, phone, Android wearables and your computer too. Everything you add syncs across all of your devices so you always have it whenever you need.
- Available everywhere.
- 3Free versionCost/Fees:
- 4Google Keep can be found on Google PlayCompatibility:
Method 8: Google App (Google Now)
Using Google Now by installing the Google App is by far one of the best ways to doing reminders on Android. Get the information you care about the most as Google app acts like a personal assistant. Amongst many of the features offered in this app, you have the ability to create and save reminders through voice actions which are recalled when you need them. Not only is the app easy to use, but it also provides a powerful service too. You can even view reminders you make with Google Now with your emails by installing the [ Inbox by Gmail app].
- Search and browse: nearby stores and restaurants, live sports scores and schedules, movie times and reviews, images and videos, news and much more.
- Personalized feel and notifications: start your morning off with the news and weather, get updates on events, sports and movies, track the latest stock market changes, and more.
- Unstable connection? Google has you covered there too with optimized results to improve on loading times on bad connections. If Google can't complete your search, once your connection improves, it will finish the search automatically.
- 3Free versionCost/Fees:
- 4Google App (Google Now) can be found on Google PlayCompatibility:
Method 9: Google Allo
While Google Allow is an app that is known as a messaging application, it also has Google Assistant included in it, which you can access inside the app in a chatbot format and ask it to virtually do anything. All you have to do is ask the Google Assistant to set up a reminder for you and then tell it the given time to do so. Just as you would receive a message from a family member or a friend, the same thing will happen when the right time comes.
- Smart Reply: Now you can respond to messages without even having to say a single word. Over time, Smart Reply learns and suggests responses to text and photos in your style.
- Ink: Get more creative with your photos you send by adding doodles and/or text on them.
- Stickers: Use the perfect sticker to convey what you want to say. All stickers were designed by independent artists and studios all around the world.
- Whisper or SHOUT: now to get your point across, you no longer have to use ALL CAPS. A quick swipe will change the size of your text.
- Incognito Mode: send messages using end-to-end encryption, keep your chats more discrete by using private notifications and control how long your messages stick around for with expiring chats.
- 3Free versionCost/Fees:
- 4Google Allow can be found on Google PlayCompatibility:
Method 10: Evernote
Evernote is a fully functional and powerful note-taking app that is one of the most highly-rated and popular apps found on Google Play. Not only that, but Evernote is an indispensable tool when it comes to taking all manners of notes and getting your work done. Along with its extremely powerful note taking abilities, you can even create reminders for notes too, which you can set up based on location and time.
- Get organized with ease: collect, capture and write ideas as searchable to-do lists, notes, notebooks, and checklists.
- Take notes in a variety of different formats including sketches, texts, photos, video, audio, PDFs and more.
- Attach Microsoft Office docs, photos, and PDFs.
- Sync anywhere and across all your devices automatically. Start working on a task/note on one device and continue/finish it off on another.
- Home screen widget that provides easier and faster access to Evernote so you can quickly capture something on your camera or get a note.
- Share your ideas with family and friends, Evernote gives you the tools to the share, discuss and collaborate productively with others to get work done and come up with creative ideas.
- Monthly and Annual subscription services also available to get the most out of Evernote.
- And more.
- 3Free version with in-app purchases.Cost/Fees:
- 4Evernote can be found on Google PlayCompatibility:
Method 11: Remember The Milk
If you want to make sure that you never forget the milk (or anything else for that matter) ever again, then Remember The Milk is the app you need. This smart to-do app was geared and made for busy people. Now you can be productive from anywhere!
- Get those to-do's out of your head and let the app remember them for you.
- Get reminders via text, email, I'm, Twitter and mobile notifications.
- Accomplish things faster by sharing your lists and giving tasks to others.
- Stay magically in sync across all of your devices.
- Plan the best way to get things done by seeing nearby tasks.
- Integrates with Google Calendar, Twitter, Gmail, Evernote and more.
- Get more done with Remember The Milk Pro. Purchasing a pro subscription unlocks subtasks, unlimited sharing, color your tags, advanced sorting and more.
- 3Free version. Remember The Milk Pro subscription service also available.Cost/Fees:
- 4Remember The Milk can be found on Google PlayCompatibility:
Method 12: Simplest Reminder
You can create a simple reminder in a matter of seconds with Simplest Reminder. Now there is no need to worry about forgetting to do something since all you need to do is set up a reminder and get a notification at the appropriate time. Out of all the reminder apps available on Google Play, Simplest Reminder is the easiest to use.
- Recurring Reminders: choose between daily, monthly, weekly, annually, weekdays (Mon-Fri) or weekends (Sat-Sun).
- Customize snooze duration.
- Pro version does not have any advertisements and also other features such as a popup dialog, custom interval reminders and LED notifications (if applicable on the device).
- 3Free version. Pro version also available.Cost/Fees:
- 4Simplest Reminder can be found on Google PlayCompatibility:
Method 13: Todoist
Built for the pace of modern life, why not join the millions of other people around the world who use Todoist to accomplish the most amazing things. Not only has Todoist been praised as a life-changing app by USA Today, the New York Times, Forbes and more, it also works seamlessly across 10+ different platforms and in 20 languages so you can stay productive no matter where in the world you are.
- Manage your tasks from anywhere - even offline. Add, reschedule and complete tasks from your phone, tablet, computer, browser, email and more - even while offline.
- 24/7 automatic sync across all your devices.
- Never miss another deadline by planning ahead with natural language due dates, start/end dates and recurring due dates.
- With powerful organizational tools that include sub-tasks, color-coded projects, sub-projects and priority levels you can take your to-do listing to the next level.
- Seamless collaboration by being able to share projects, assign tasks and add comments all from within the app.
- Todoist was built for Android, allowing you to take advantage of Android's most innovative features with convenient widgets, actionable notifications and more.
- 3Free version with in-app purchases. Boost your productivity with the premium version.Cost/Fees:
- 4Todoist can be found on Google PlayCompatibility:
Method 14: Today Calendar
Today Calendar is not only a great option for those who need to do reminders but it's a good calendar app alternative too. Thanks to it's easy to use and navigate interface, you can save yourself a fair bit of time when it comes to setting up events and adding reminders. While not necessarily great for small tasks, like setting up a reminder to go get milk, setting a bigger reminder like to mow the lawn fits very well inside this calendar app.
- Easy to use and navigate interface.
- All-in-one view combines both the month and agenda views of the stock calendar to allow users to plan and organize their agenda from a single view
- Set up events and reminders with ease
- Combines high functionality with stunning aesthetics.
- Today Calendar contains everything found in the stock calendar app, with many features rebuilt from the ground up to increase performance and productivity.
- And more.
- 37-day free trial version. Pro version is available for $5.49CDN.Cost/Fees:
- 4Today Calendar can be found on Google PlayCompatibility:
Method 15: Wunderlist
With a lot of useful functions, an attractive menu and it's ease of use, Wunderlist a well-designed app that has helped millions of users so far capture their ideas, things to do and places to see. Whether you are working on a project, want to share a grocery list with a loved one, or even planning a vacation, Wunderlist makes it easy to share your lists and collaborate with everyone in your life. It is the best to-do list app says The Verge and I would have to agree.
- Create all the lists you need and access them from any of your devices, whether they be a phone, tablet or a computer.
- Collaborate with family and friends with ease by easily sharing lists.
- Attach photos, PDFs, presentations and more
- Never forget important dates/deadlines or birthday gifts by setting reminders.
- Organize your projects from home, work and everywhere in between.
- Delegate to-dos and share the work.
- And more.
- 3Free version with in-app purchases. Pro version is available for $4.99 / month.Cost/Fees:
- 4Wunderlist can be found on Google PlayCompatibility: