Remove a Virus From Your Computer
Edited by Maria, Eng, Graeme, Maria Sharon Ubando and 1 other
The majority of us have been victims of computer viruses. It could be a software or sets of codes that causes damage to your machine. Like the virus that enters the body, it attacks the functioning body parts and damages them. In computers, viruses can manifest themselves in several ways which may include sluggish performance, redirecting you to another file, deletion of files, system crashing or a complete computer blackout. It could be very frustrating when all your important files are damaged or lost and you can't retrieve them anymore. Of course you can always have a backup but clearing your computer would take up some of your time and some cash too so it is best to be very careful.
The good thing though is that a virus can already be stopped before it even starts. There are scanning and anti-virus software that can rescue your computer from further damage.
Common Computer Viruses that Attack Computers
- 1This is a form of malware where one is redirected to an unfamiliar browser. This virus also tends to change browser's settings. This kind of virus is basically inflicted to computer systems as a form of publicity and marketing. A few of the common browser hijacker viruses are IBIS WebSearch, CoolWebSearch and SafeSearch.Browser hijacker Virus.Advertisement
- 2This kind of virus is behind codes in an e-mail attachment. Once the codes have been activated, harm and damages take effect. It destroys the hard disc and other files. To prevent email virus from entering your computer, be sure not to download email attachments from people you don't know. Also, make it a rule of the thumb to install an anti-virus software in your computer to scan files before they get downloaded. The I LOVE YOU, Melissa and macro viruses are the most popular e-mail viruses.Email Virus.Advertisement
- 3This kind of system is inflicted into the computer through an infected floppy disk. This usually happens when a disk is left in the Drive A. The computer will be attempting to boot from its floppy when it is started. If the disk is infected with the virus, it will then affect the local C drive.Boot Sector Virus.
- 4The virus affects executable files an it does it by inserting some codes to some parts of the original files. When the file is executed, the code then takes effect starting the virus. There is what is called the overwriting file virus where it overwrites or overrides the entire of the file. When original files are overwritten, they are replaced with malicious codes. The damages are irreversible.File virus.Advertisement
Besides being more careful with attachments and downloads, one should invest in a good anti-virus software. Some of them are:
- Bitdefender 2013
- Norton Antivirus
- AVG Antivirus
- Microsoft Safety Scanner
Tips and Warnings
- Be careful of the sites that you browse.
- Always install anti-virus programs.
- Never download attachments from unknown recipients.