Edited by idrees999, Anonymous, Eng, Ramzy and 15 others
- 1 Questions and Answers
- 1.1 "Contact list is being updated" problem?
- 1.2 My computer has been backing up for 10 minutes and is still saying 0 % for list of files being loaded. What should I do?
- 1.3 Why doesn't Smart Switch backup things like contacts or storybook?
- 1.4 Contact list updating, forever and ever?
- 1.5 My contact details are not showing after the update?
- 1.6 I have a Galaxy S4, problem occurred?
- 1.7 My contact list is being updated for Note4 since I install Android 5.1.1?
- 1.8 Galaxy S3, 32GB, 4G, Android v.4.4.4?
- 1.9 I have a Samsung S4 mini. The contact list is being updated continuously, I am unable to make any calls, and there are no contacts in my list? ؛lease guide us?
- 1.10 DISPLAYING CONTACT is taking huge time?
- 1.11 Looking for the default security pin for Samsung S3 GT 91300 for backup and reset?
- 1.12 Cancas e313 contacts problem, even after wipe cache partition?
- 1.13 I have Huawei honor 6, I'm facing this problem?
- 1.14 If I back up and reset my mobile it will be deleted on the device?
- 2 Comments
Questions and Answers
"Contact list is being updated" problem?
I updated my S4 to Lollipop...& not contacts won't load.please help
If your contacts won't load after you update your S4 to Lollipop, it is very likely that you have a problem with your cache. Power off your Samsung Galaxy S5 using the power button. Once it is shut down, turn it back on and hold down the Volume Up and Home button at the same time. When the unit makes a single vibrating noise release your hold on the power button but continue to hold down the Volume Up and Home Button.
A menu will appear on your display with the options to "wipe cache partition." Use the Volume Down key to select this option from the screen and then allow the system to reboot. Your contacts then should reload normally.
Note that it is always a good idea to back up your contacts on your phone by uploading them to your computer before you wipe its cache and reboot.
My computer has been backing up for 10 minutes and is still saying 0 % for list of files being loaded. What should I do?
Samsung Kies 3 backing up not working
- 1Start off with restarting your computer.
- 2Disable antivirus and other threat-catching resident programs.
- 3If you are using EMET from Microsoft, then you might consider uninstalling it.
- 4Always use the original Samsung cable that came with your phone.
- 5When starting backing up, wait for 3 hours, not 10 minutes, as Kies is known for being extremely slow with back-up files.
- 6In back-up options, you can uncheck everything but one option and see if it starts the back-up.If it does, then check everything one by one.
- 7If you see a particular file at which the progress has been stuck, then you can open it on the phone and either clear its cache or uninstall it.Both operations can be found in "Apps" > "Settings" > "Application Manager" > the "ALL" tab > application name.
- 8Uncheck "Network Setting and Bookmarks" in the back-up options of Kies.
Why doesn't Smart Switch backup things like contacts or storybook?
Smart Switch doesn't backup some things can you shed any light?
There are a couple of reasons why this could be happening.
- 1By default, often not all the types of data are checked to be transferred.I have no idea why. For example, I just used smartswitch to move between two Samsung phones and I noticed by default my pictures were not selected for transfer. I have no idea why, but if I had not noticed that, I would have missed them! So just before the transfer starts take a careful look at all the data categories and make sure selections like contacts is checked.
- 2The program was created so that you can use it to move files from one Android to another but often this only succeeds in migrating all of the files if you are moving the information from one Android phone to another.If you are on iOS it means that you have to use the desktop version of Smart Switch to migrate all of your files to your Samsung. The program is quite thorough when being moved from one Android device to another but otherwise you have to choose the content that you want uploaded if you are uploading from the iOS to the Android and in order to see all of the data on your phone correctly you want to perform the migration on a PC.
Contact list updating, forever and ever?
Hello, my Samsung Galaxy Note4 is having issues with the Contacts. I have tried resetting
- 1Go to Settings on your Note4.
- 2Choose Applications Manager from the menu.
- 3Look for Contacts Storage (NOT Contacts), select it, then choose Clear Data and Clear Cache.
- 4Your Contacts will begin a fresh Sync.
My contact details are not showing after the update?
My contact details are not showing after the update Samsung E7
Put your phone into Recovery Mode and choose Wipe Cache Partition. Then turn Sync off and on again. Your contacts should appear shortly after if they were ever backed up through Google.
I have a Galaxy S4, problem occurred?
I have problem with my Galaxy S4, the contact is always updating with signal spin and spin. I could not even enter to my contact list, anything you can help me?. I have tried: I have tried soft reset by pressing 20 seconds of power button. I think it was caused by: Not really sure
Use the suggestions posted on this page. My guess is that you are having a cache interference which is causing the sync to not update. With this type of interference, internal memory is telling the sync that your contacts are there when they are not.
My contact list is being updated for Note4 since I install Android 5.1.1?
I had an update waiting this morning, so I let it happen and since then my contacts have been "updating". I can't use my phone as a phone, I can't get to any of my contacts, logs, faves, etc. I have done everything I can think of, restarted, powered off, taken out the battery, etc.... I have tried: Nothing. I think it was caused by: The new update for Android
Whenever you have a new software update, you should always put your phone into Recovery Mode and Wipe Cache Partition. Do this even if there are no noticeable issues. Sometimes the issues can occur with apps as well as email too.
Galaxy S3, 32GB, 4G, Android v.4.4.4?
Hi! I have a Galaxy S3, recently it is so slow and the battery became flat soon and soon ...sometimes,when I hold on central button it turn on slow and has delay
This might signal that your smartphone has too many unwanted background applications, its battery is getting old, or there is something wrong with the device. As the first step, it is recommended to back up your data with this tutorial. Then, hard-reset your smartphone as shown in our tutorial on how to hard reset Galaxy S3. Then, restore your data by logging in to your Google and Samsung accounts during the initial set up. Check the performance of your smartphone. If it is very slow (like taking 1-3 seconds to react to a pressed button), then there is something wrong with the hardware; and a service center might help you. If its battery is drained fast, then you need to replace the battery with a new one.
I have a Samsung S4 mini. The contact list is being updated continuously, I am unable to make any calls, and there are no contacts in my list? ؛lease guide us?
I have a Samsung S4 mini. The contact list is being updated continuously, I am unable to make any calls, and there are no contacts in my list? Please guide us. I have tried: I have tried clearing the cache from contacts in app manager
Login to your Google Account on the PC. Check that your Contacts are saved there. Then hard reset your device. Since you already cleared the cache from the app and can't make phone calls, a hard reset would be your best option at this point.
DISPLAYING CONTACT is taking huge time?
When I am trying to call someone my contact list takes more than 1 minute to display the contacts and also logs.
- 1Even though it may take a bit, open Contacts from your phone.
- 2Tap the top three buttons in a row to open the Settings of the app.
- 3Turn off Online Search.
If you are still experiencing issues, then check to see if an app is interfering. Apps like Linkedin, Skype and Email can cause interference.
Looking for the default security pin for Samsung S3 GT 91300 for backup and reset?
I'm looking for the default security pin asked for during a hard reset as I've not set one myself and the only other ways is via the power on and volume reset but then I can't backup my phone doing that. I've already done that once before but want to do a full backup and restore but it keeps asking for this pin which I have not set. I have tried: Reading manual, looked through the internet. I think it was caused by: I've not set this and even after a hard reset there is still no way of setting this or setting one up or knowing what the default pin is
Try 0000 or 1234. There is no default pin usually for a hard reset. Perhaps you have installed a security app that is stopping you. You should also contact the service provider you have for your cellular plan. They may have a default code.
Cancas e313 contacts problem, even after wipe cache partition?
Tried wipe cache partition but the problem is still, these contacts still updating. I have tried: Wipe cache partition. I think it was caused by: Update to Lollipop 5.5.1
Toggle the Sync for contacts on and off. Then go to Google Contact on the PC and manually try syncing from the PC to the phone.
I have Huawei honor 6, I'm facing this problem?
What can I do please. I do restart. I remove the SD card
Switch from syncing to the Huawei Cloud and sync using your Google Account. Disable any apps that have an auto sync option as well.
If I back up and reset my mobile it will be deleted on the device?
Problem in contact updating and opening images
If you hard reset your device, it is best to backup contacts and images to the PC or in one of the Google Clouds. With Google, all the images and contacts will be saved in Google Drive. Try instead first to Wipe Cache Partition before performing a hard reset.
Categories : Tech
Recent edits by: Cpmaster11334123534967240985734290834270958374509834, VisiHow, Doug Collins